can oppression be buffed? reduced cooldown timer?

its currently 80 seconds long. i think halving it to 45 would be good. also thrilling tremors cooldown is too long 30s?

Comments

  • I feel like as long as it causes the easy to miss skill checks on affected gens that are being workend on, it should keep the long cooldown, since it's just a perk that hurts newer players more. If it made survivors that are working on affected gens scream for example, I wouldn't mind a cooldown reduction. Though 45 seconds might be too little for guaranteed info.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I feel like as long as it causes the easy to miss skill checks on affected gens that are being workend on, it should keep the long cooldown, since it's just a perk that hurts newer players more. If it made survivors that are working on affected gens scream for example, I wouldn't mind a cooldown reduction. Though 45 seconds might be too little for guaranteed info.

    but things like pain res are way more oppression than oppression itself. and cmon 80 seconds is way too long its probably the only perk with that long of a cooldown and isnt all that good. but it would be if it could be triggered more often. doesnt overcharge do the same thing but to one generator and its 30 seconds?

  • Make it 30 second cd on Oppression.

    Thrilling give it no cooldown and the block needs to last longer.

    Personally I'd rather move away from skill check type perks. They do the opposite of design we want. They punish newer players harder and are useless against good players.

    Instead rework Oppression. Make it equalize the progress between all remaining gens. So if you kick a gen at 80 seconds progress it evenly splits the progress between that gen and the remaining ones. So it doesn't actually do any regressing per say.

  • I would change Oppression to 60 seconds and Thrilling Tremors to 40

  • I mean… having up to 3 Gens start regressing (plus facing a difficult skillcheck if a Survivor(s) are on a Gen… causes a lot of pressure so 45 seconds may be to short of a cooldown

    Thrilling Tremors lasts for 16 seconds then goes on a 60 second cooldown… maybe lowering the cooldown might work increasing it's usage

    By the way does Oppression use 1 of the 8 Gen regressions???

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    I mean… having up to 3 Gens start regressing (plus facing a difficult skillcheck if a Survivor(s) are on a Gen… causes a lot of pressure so 45 seconds may be to short of a cooldown

    Thrilling Tremors lasts for 16 seconds then goes on a 60 second cooldown… maybe lowering the cooldown might work increasing it's usage

    By the way does Oppression use 1 of the 8 Gen regressions???

    Oppression counts as 1 regression event on the generator you kick. It does not count as a regression event for the other 3 generators it affects (regardless of whether it leads to regression or a skill check).

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3698433#Comment_3698433

    Oppression counts as 1 regression event on the generator you kick. It does not count as a regression event for the other 3 generators it affects (regardless of whether it leads to regression or a skill check).

    Ok thanks for answering

  • 80 seconds might be too long but 45 sounds too short. I think 60 seconds would be the sweet spot.

  • yeah buff it to 30 seconds

  • opression and dragons grip have always had rificulous cooldown that make them niche/weak.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    I mean… having up to 3 Gens start regressing (plus facing a difficult skillcheck if a Survivor(s) are on a Gen… causes a lot of pressure so 45 seconds may be to short of a cooldown

    Thrilling Tremors lasts for 16 seconds then goes on a 60 second cooldown… maybe lowering the cooldown might work increasing it's usage

    By the way does Oppression use 1 of the 8 Gen regressions???

    They regress at 100% speed. It's nothing. The skillcheck might nail you once when you aren't expecting it and never again.

    If you want to not see pop and pain res every single game you've gotta make other regression perks better. Even with a 30s cooldown it'd be a low b tier perk at best.

  • New players are not new players forever. Catering the entire game to people that have been playing for five hours is untenable.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    80 seconds might be too long but 45 sounds too short. I think 60 seconds would be the sweet spot.

    I would agree with this. Same with thrilling tremors.