[PTB] How's the buffed Spies From The Shadows?

I unfortunately can't play the ptb (horrible matchmaking, when I find people they mostly have insane ping), but I'm very curious about this perk that no one is talking about for some reason and I can't find videos of it. How does it feel now? Does someone have any link to show it?

Comments

  • From patch notes (didnt play ptb either)
    It will jump from REALLY bad, meh perk to meh perk.
  • I am interested in this as well.

    One thing it could have to its advantage is that no-one expects Spies from the Shadows!

  • Same. I imagine that it might need further tweaking because with the 100% activation I could see it being REALLY annoying during a chase or something.

    I personally think that it should make the killer not disturb crows too. And someone else had mentioned something about having the crows look in the direction of survivors, I like that too. Maybe cut down the activation percentage and do those things instead.

  • I hate to link to my twitch but you can watch this match I used it with and see how useful it is.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/360825988?t=45m06s

  • I hate to link to my twitch but you can watch this match I used it with and see how useful it is.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/360825988?t=45m06s

    Looks really good! What about technician? I was looking forward for these 2 perks to get buffed.
  • I tried an only SFTS build with Spirit several times before the PTB, and surprisingly, the map where it's the most useful is Léry's.

    Problem with most maps, which is not fixed much by the longer range, is crow placement. Particularly on large outdoor maps, there are a lot of crows near the edges, but hardly any further inside, let alone around the middle. Without either a different approach to crow placement, or some additional effect to the perk, it's still somewhat of a joke.
  • Ok now I'm 100% going to run Calm Spirit as survivor. That will be so meta now.

  • @George_Soros said:
    I tried an only SFTS build with Spirit several times before the PTB, and surprisingly, the map where it's the most useful is Léry's.

    Problem with most maps, which is not fixed much by the longer range, is crow placement. Particularly on large outdoor maps, there are a lot of crows near the edges, but hardly any further inside, let alone around the middle. Without either a different approach to crow placement, or some additional effect to the perk, it's still somewhat of a joke.

    This is what I was thinking. Some maps don't have enough crows, and crows disappear from spots where a generator is finished.

    IIRC the devs said they reduced the number of crows because they were eating a lot of resources (RAM and such). What they should do is reduce the number of crows per murder and increase the number of murders around the map, spreading them a bit more evenly in the process. That would make SFTS more viable on more maps without costing more resources.

    PS in case anyone didn't know, a group of crows is called a murder. Hot right?

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    @George_Soros said:
    I tried an only SFTS build with Spirit several times before the PTB, and surprisingly, the map where it's the most useful is Léry's.

    Problem with most maps, which is not fixed much by the longer range, is crow placement. Particularly on large outdoor maps, there are a lot of crows near the edges, but hardly any further inside, let alone around the middle. Without either a different approach to crow placement, or some additional effect to the perk, it's still somewhat of a joke.

    This is what I was thinking. Some maps don't have enough crows, and crows disappear from spots where a generator is finished.

    IIRC the devs said they reduced the number of crows because they were eating a lot of resources (RAM and such). What they should do is reduce the number of crows per murder and increase the number of murders around the map, spreading them a bit more evenly in the process. That would make SFTS more viable on more maps without costing more resources.

    PS in case anyone didn't know, a group of crows is called a murder. Hot right?

  • Haddonfield has always been the best map for spies and now it is even better, but as others have said many maps have a much wider crow spread.

  • @I_am_Negan Enjoy that? Here are a more fun ones:

    Group of albatross = rookery
    Group of feral cats = destruction
    Group of butterflies = kaleidoscope
    Group of ducks = plump
    Group of ferrets = business
    Group of foxes = skulk 🤗
    Group of monkeys = barrel
    Group of penguins = tuxedo
    Group of rats = mischief
    Group of ravens = unkindness
    Group of seagulls = squabble
    Group of tigers = ambush
    Group of wombats = wisdom
    Group of zebras = dazzle

    AND MY FAVORITE
    Group of geese = gaggle 🤣

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_terms_of_venery,_by_animal

  • @thesuicidefox said:
    @I_am_Negan Enjoy that? Here are a more fun ones:

    Group of albatross = rookery
    Group of feral cats = destruction
    Group of butterflies = kaleidoscope
    Group of ducks = plump
    Group of ferrets = business
    Group of foxes = skulk 🤗
    Group of monkeys = barrel
    Group of penguins = tuxedo
    Group of rats = mischief
    Group of ravens = unkindness
    Group of seagulls = squabble
    Group of tigers = ambush
    Group of wombats = wisdom
    Group of zebras = dazzle

    AND MY FAVORITE
    Group of geese = gaggle 🤣

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_terms_of_venery,_by_animal

    Watch out for those geese there dangerous

  • @thesuicidefox said:
    @I_am_Negan Enjoy that? Here are a more fun ones:

    Group of albatross = rookery
    Group of feral cats = destruction
    Group of butterflies = kaleidoscope
    Group of ducks = plump
    Group of ferrets = business
    Group of foxes = skulk 🤗
    Group of monkeys = barrel
    Group of penguins = tuxedo
    Group of rats = mischief
    Group of ravens = unkindness
    Group of seagulls = squabble
    Group of tigers = ambush
    Group of wombats = wisdom
    Group of zebras = dazzle

    AND MY FAVORITE
    Group of geese = gaggle 🤣

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_terms_of_venery,_by_animal

    Group of ibises = pile of trash floating in the ocean

  • I've tried it on Clown in a few matches in the ptb. Honestly had one match where it didn't help at all, and another where it helped once. It's not really that good in my opinion, though I could imagine it being better on killers with a lower terror radius.

  • Even old spies from the shadows were somewhat good on certain maps. The problem is not with the perk itself, the problem is with crow placement.

    The idea behind crows are great but execution is terrible, they need to relocate crows in order for them to be useful.

  • @SenzuDuck said:
    I hate to link to my twitch but you can watch this match I used it with and see how useful it is.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/360825988?t=45m06s

    Thanks :)

    @thesuicidefox said:
    What they should do is reduce the number of crows per murder and increase the number of murders around the map, spreading them a bit more evenly in the process. That would make SFTS more viable on more maps without costing more resources.

    PS in case anyone didn't know, a group of crows is called a murder. Hot right?

    Oh yes, that would be so nice.