'Every killer should be like Blight/Nurse'

With the recent Twins update can we all finally admit this is a dumb thing to say and admit that Wesker is a much healthier benchmark so BHVR stops with these reworks?

Comments

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3695547#Comment_3695547

    is it about the strength of the killer? Do you feel there’s no counterplay? What is it? I think facing Trickster is more irritating than Wesker because Trickster’s counterplay is basically a tall wall. Wesker can be juked relatively easily—even without pallets or decent loops. What has your experience with this killer been?

    I explained it on my previous comment here. This one:

    @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3695360#Comment_3695360

    Hyper-mobility can be tricky to balance because of the way survivors have to play around it. They are powerful abilities, after all.

    Hillbilly and Oni are good examples of well-designed killers with hyper mobility. Hillbilly has the charge time to keep in mind and Oni has to build up his power, but in return they are gifted a good power. That is fun, and fair.

    Wesker in the other hand, is a perfect example of a horribly designed killer, for a power of that nature. He has barely any charge time to worry about, he can vault, he creates a countdown towards Hindered and he gets a notification of your location as soon as you get rid of the infection (which you have to do).

    Even if you somehow play perfectly against him you will go down, because you will get slowed down and once you're fully infected he only needs to get you once, while not worrying about… well, anything. And it doesn't help that the few resources you can use against him are scarce, thanks to the map reworks.

    He is not unbeatable, of course. No killer is, except for a Nurse who plays flawlessly. But I don't think his power is healthy for the game.

    EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention his incredible potential for tunneling. As @C3Tooth pointed out.

    I would be happy to never see this killer again.

  • @Yharwick said:

    Were people saying this?

    Honestly I did a killer tier list recently and more than half the killers were in A tier and it had me wondering if it's healthy for every killer to be so good when survivor is in such a weakened state rn.

    I honestly think we're reaching the point for survivor that killer was at that prompted the 6.1 changes. I'm seeing the BP bonus stay at survivor later and later into the night lately which is absolutely wild to me.

    Its to do with what killers deserve to be good honestly this comment hits the nail on the head so im piggybacking off it

    @Sava18 said:

    In an ideal world every killer would be mid A tier in power level however, within the confines of what dbd is and with how many killer powers are designed it isn't feasible. Ontop of that ideal certain killer perks would be reduced ofc.

    There are few killer designs I deem fit to be A tier or even inching into S tier: Blight, Plague, Oni, Wesker, possibly artist, Pyramid head(a coin flip here, but he has some glaring problems that could fix the unhealthiness of his kit) and Huntress. As far as I am concerned no other killers could be put on weskers level without feeling awful to play against. Even someone as beloved as demo being buiffed by 15-25% in all aspects would push him to a point of uninteractivity. Wesker outside of his infection tunneling bit is the best designed killer in the game imo, that's coming from someone who mains blight. Spirit, chucky and nurse don't deserve to be half as good as they are, they are just far too simple and strong to warrant their strength.

    I would have put billy up here previously but honestly most billys just return to hook and trade which even when put into the highest level of play takes little macro to understand the timing to return. Within the span of a couple months they buff billys turn duration by 33% and remove the hug tech, both having very similar properties and both originating from an something unintentional.

    Some killers just deserve to be better than others because 1-They are harder to play and 2-Survivers have input so they dont feel inherently unfair to go against. When a good survivor goes down to a knight they are likely to think "nothing could have been done about that" That happens less with Wesker.

    If Knight was made the best killer in the game but you had to know his power inside and out it would still be a catastrophe because 1-Its very simple 2-Survivers can't do anything about it.

    If Wesker became the best killer in the game in his current state. 1-This would be on the condition you had to nail down ALL his techs because like a knight you would have to know his power inside and out (same criteria). 2- It would still feel like the survivor has more input in the chase than against a knight.

    I'm not saying either should be the as good as in the example the point its that some killers just deserve to be better than others. Clown deserves to be better than Myers and Wesker deserves to be better than Clown and so on and on.

  • @rha said:

    I don't know, I'm so tired of getting absolutely nothing new or exciting on the survivor side for months and month. Anti-facecamp? Haven't seen a single survivor jump off the hook in my games yet. Anti-3-gen? Haven't saw eight regression events on a gen yet, only the higher base kick regression + removal of gen tap is apparent every match. New perks were between meh and so bad it's ruining the match if one player brings it (hello Weaving Spiders). Right now it feels more that the killer buff trend will accelerate. I bet when we get the roadmap for the second half of the year there's again absolutely no good news for solo players this year.

    If they would buff every single killer to new Twins level and beyond, maybe even to the point that every single match is a 4k at 5 gens (maybe except when comp teams play against brand new killers with sub 100 hours), they would finally have to come up with something positive for survivors because there's nothing left to buff on killer side.

    Patch 6.1 will look like a great time to play for survivors compared to what the devs will do in the next 12 months.

    The devs recent comments about 60% kill rates, the huntress ptb and buffs and the twins ptb shows us that it will only get worse for survivors.

  • @Unusedkillername said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3695037#Comment_3695037

    Its to do with what killers deserve to be good honestly this comment hits the nail on the head so im piggybacking off it

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3695192#Comment_3695192

    Some killers just deserve to be better than others because 1-They are harder to play and 2-Survivers have input so they dont feel inherently unfair to go against. When a good survivor goes down to a knight they are likely to think "nothing could have been done about that" That happens less with Wesker.

    If Knight was made the best killer in the game but you had to know his power inside and out it would still be a catastrophe because 1-Its very simple 2-Survivers can't do anything about it.

    If Wesker became the best killer in the game in his current state. 1-This would be on the condition you had to nail down ALL his techs because like a knight you would have to know his power inside and out (same criteria). 2- It would still feel like the survivor has more input in the chase than against a knight.

    I'm not saying either should be the as good as in the example the point its that some killers just deserve to be better than others. Clown deserves to be better than Myers and Wesker deserves to be better than Clown and so on and on.

    I mean yes, I thought I made it quite clear that I thought the same.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Wesker is definitely not a healthy benchmark, imho. In fact, he is a good example of what to avoid.

    Wesker is fine maybe you can argue his hindered status effect is unengaging or should be heavily reduced/removed on unhook. His chase is decent and his power is very simple and linear.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3695614#Comment_3695614

    I mean yes, I thought I made it quite clear that I thought the same.

    I know I'm just piggybacking off your post to say why it matters by comparing Wesker to an unhealthy killer considering imo you hit the nail on the head and it has just been overlooked.

  • @Unusedkillername said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3695740#Comment_3695740

    I know I'm just piggybacking off your post to say why it matters by comparing Wesker to an unhealthy killer considering imo you hit the nail on the head and it has just been overlooked.

    Gotcha, most players seem to not understand this but it's just the nature of this game and the killers the devs design.

1 2 ›