Sadako Feedback from a friend.
My friend is a P25 sadako. He’s been playing for 7 years..he wanted to offer his feedback since he isn’t on the forums here. Credit goes to Nervous Cobra 🐍:)
“I suggested it before but hooking a Survivor holding a Tape should turn on the TVs directly turned off by Survivors. That forces them to temporarily halt their repair progress and take a Codemn stack (since they should already be holding a tape under that circumstance)
”That would also help in making Condemn Lock more reliable, as Survivors should have stacks far more often. Meaning in the average match, Sadako will typically get at least 3-4 stack locks on each Surv”
thanks again Cobra :)
Thought's anyone on this idea?
💡
Comments
his idea that when chasing a survivor with a tape to hook a survivor turning off tv is for survivor to drop-off their tape on television. If they do not drop off the tape, the sadako can spam tv teleports. He is trying eliminate the tapes from turning off your televisions for 70 seconds with no downside.
I simply do not like whole premise of current sadako mindlessly spamming TV's to gain a mori. I liked 2nd version of sadako the most because you had to be good at m1 play to capitalize off-tape condemn build-up. I also like 1st version to some extent because iri-tape refreshing tv's meant that you had to be good at m1 play to keep turning off your televisions. current sadako lacks m1 hit proficiency to build curse. It is all TV-related now.
I also don't like the idea of mindless tp spamming for condemn, which is why I much preferred her release version. I wish they kept her as she was on release but just added some of the QoL changes from other releases like the not being able to be stunned while demanifested, the shorted TV cooldowns after projection. This plus increasing the range condemn is built from a single TV upon Projection to like 18 meters would have made her a lot more balanced a fun. Also without the old Ring Drawing add-on because slugging isn't fun for anyone.
Onryo was a lot more fun when survivors didn't want to pick up tapes in order to avoid condemn, giving you mobility options unless they decided to risk condemn. Now survivors have a lot of control over your power and mobility which is unfortunate but that is what happens when condemn risk is so heavily tied to survivors not picking up tapes now.
I agree 💯 I feel like that’s all they needed to do. Qol changes but kept her release verison
I'd rather just have Sadako 2.0 version back, that was my favorite. People might call this "mindless teleporting", but to me that's not understanding what this game play was. The teleporting did nothing if you weren't good at basic m1 killer play as you couldn't remove their tape to make them vulnerable to begin with. It was trying to balance condemn build up while also having t.v.'s available for your map mobility. This wasn't mindless at all. The only change this version needed for lower mmr players was lighting t.v.'s auras up within a certain range to help survivors find them better.
Current problem she has is that the Condemn is a useless feature. Requiring multiple hooks to lock in the condemn is a failed concept. Once I've hooked them twice the Condemn is irrelevant as they're dead on hook anyway. Then all it's doing is saving some hook time, which given the time spent trying to build their condemn in the first place you wasted more time than it gained you.
Not allowing tapes to be destroyed on hit is the other failed design point. She has nearly zero control over the survivors removing their tape stacks. If I can hit them as a "not actually stealth" m1 killer with basically no anti loop I should be rewarded for that by destroying their tape at least.
The literal only thing she has going for her is good map mobility, that's it.
No anti loop, not an actual stealth killer because of the lullaby, and a very minuscule slow down mechanic.
Why even bother dropping a tape off? There's no punishment.
And why isn't Ring Drawing base kit if we're not destroying tapes on hit?
Just so many design flaws with this current version that she's left in a completely pitiful state. This is why no ones playing her. We took a bad killer, made her actually good, and then put her right back into her original bad state. What was the point of this.
I agree completely. It’s been painful to play her and I am P100. They made some good strides but other design issues were a flip flop in the wrong direction.
I really thought we were getting somewhere but yet here we are again. I’ve been able to play her A LOT and still will, but it’s painful. Very frustrating. Behavior is having a really hard time finding the right balance and I give them credit for trying for sure but this current version that I have spent a lot of time playing as ISNT it sadly. @Peanits
🙏🏼 Please. I beg you. Send the word. Consider what blueberry and I are saying. I’m certain many will agree.
(Not asking for 2.0 sadako…I prefer 1.0 with todays buffs, passive tapes but 3.0 is not clicking in design friends)
thank you for all you do 🙏🏼❤️
Totally get it. I prefer in my humble opinion Sadako 1.0 but with today’s buffs. Still don’t know why that gave her the stealth that they did? Visually and audio is amazing. As a stealth killer it’s not very stealthy. Especially for VTR users.
1.0 sadako is also about spamming televisions however the tv had 100 sec cooldown so in order to turn on televisions, you had to be successful at landing m1 to turn on tv's on iri-tape. in that sense, m1 were proxy to condemn. I didn't like this too much because survivor had control over whether they were next to a tv or not. I had to slug people to force survivors to go near televisions. Not the worst thing but a poor chasing killer committing to chases wasn't ideal.
current Sadako is failed design. her design was in a good spot on 2nd iteration. if there was something i would changed, i would change the tp global condemn build up to be 0.75→0.33 to tone down the passive condemn build-up but remove cooldown on her TP. This is because hens show cased that you could spam TP and block off televisions to gain condemn by just being afk with the killer. In addition, to solving that hens gameplay problem, i would reduce the TV turn off cooldown from 70 second to 45 second and TV cooldown for killer to 30 second. this would make that more TV would constantly be on allowing survivors to always grab a tape.
At best, she needed few nerfs, not a demolition on her kit.
The worst part is that the chase got smallest buff possible. the m/s on manifesting is barely scratching the surface. You would think they would buffing her chase by tremendously amount by making an entire curse mechanic ineffective.
Yeah, I'd personally rather keep her chase weak and have the condemn strong as that's more of a unique experience as and against rather than just making her anti loop killer #12. However I agree, if they don't want to do that they should be buffing her chase and stealth significantly. Remove her lullaby so she's an actual stealth killer, significantly improve the disappearance time with manifesting/demanifesting to make it actually usable as a mind game (it's currently a joke and more gimmicky than anything remotely practical), and allow her to walk through pallets while demanifested.
the alternative play-style would be useful vs decisive strike. I agree that unique play-styles are more preferred as long as they are fair to play against.
I agree 💯. Although in her current version I don’t consider the minor buff for chase and demolition of her condemn mechanic fair. Survivors inputing tapes mid chase because it’s the fastest killer interaction in the game is not fair either. :(
There’s very little room for counter play.