What is the current state of the maps?
Just summarize I guess, what you think it's important. I've been gone since October and have come back briefly. I saw Hawkins is back, which I never got to play before so I have no idea how to run it.
Just summarize I guess, what you think it's important. I've been gone since October and have come back briefly. I saw Hawkins is back, which I never got to play before so I have no idea how to run it.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Bunch of reworks that made dead zones more prominent and mainly decreased sizes of maps is one thing. They're all over the place to be fair, as per usual.
well for hawkins if you know the map as survivor it's super easy to loop, as killer it really suck if people know how to run it. Too many loops and it's massive. It's in need of a rework bad. Other maps are okay i guess unless they have like 50 pallets
The reworked maps (Red Forest, Coldwind) are full of dead zones now. New maps (Greenville Square, Toba Landing, Nostromo Wreckage) have mostly unsafe pallets and short loops, but decent areas to hide.
They seem to have added more tilesets to the older realms, for example, I remember Wrecker's having all around decent jungle gyms, but now, where you might get a TL wall, you'll get a bunch of straights or a jumble of unloopable junk. I'm not even sure if they documented those changes, I usually keep up with patch notes, and those new tiles took me by surprise.
Maps can make or break the game. Personally, I prefer the old style of maps, and if possible, I would play Autohaven and MacMillan 24/7, especially the latter, which I consider to be the perfect DBD maps.
Many of the later maps suffer from either 1) an awful filter (Glenvale, Borgo), 2) a crazy strong main building and/or structures (Badham), or 3) both of these issues (like the Awful Garden of Joy). Not only that, but some maps are sore on the eyes due to their filter and density of props/objects, such as Toba Landing, Borgo, or Eyrie of Crows.
If a competitive mode were ever added, I sincerely hope they only include Autohaven, MacMillan, Coldwind, and the Backwater Swamp in its map rotation. These are what I personally consider the most balanced and enjoyable maps to play on, so I wouldn't touch the rest of the available maps again if this were implemented.
Hawkins needs to be looked at as I've seen Sadako's TV be placed on a generator, along with wesker and nemesis box.
A ton of unsafe pallets and junk everywhere make it difficult for both roles. Unsafe pallets seem pointless because as killer I can just take someone down instantly and as survivor even when I get off a stun I usually go down heh.
Also I don't like borgo, it's oddly colored and quite small with weird pallet placement.