Do you think 'Lights Out' should come back?

As much as I though Bhvr started out with the easiest mode to make possible, I thought it was pretty cool, brought back a bit of the horror aspect. Though personally, if they do bring it back, I think they should just make it a Customs feature. The reason why I think it'd work better in Customs, this could be a hot take, but anyone Survivor OR Killer, or just sweats in general, could abuse it if it were added for the official game. SWFs could just equip a Map offering, and with the best items and perks, they could have a higher advantage, and equipping Lights Out would just be overkill. So that's why I think it'd be better as a feature in customs to play with your friends, potentially bringing back that 'horror' immersion that seems so distant nowadays, and making it more of a party game again. Then again, maybe I'm wrong and it could work as a feature in the official game. Time will tell.

Edit: Ignore the repeat on the last Poll, writing this on phone... 😅

Comments

  • If you want to reprint Lights Out, there's no need to make it custom-only. Players who don't want to do it won't do it. Even if it were misused, it wouldn't be a problem because everyone who thought it had been exploited would stop right there.

  • I think they should just bring it back as both custom and seperate matchmaking game mode. The option to chose is always great and despite not liking the mode myself (and probably never touching it again) there are people who did, so what not let them play what they like... This should also increase player numbers, because if they are burned out from normal dbd but there are god knows how many custom modes they might play those over some other game, therefore not splitting the player base.

  • Yeah, I think it should come back for sure! One of the most important things this game really needs is game modes. Lights Out was a fun new addition that slightly brought back the horror to the game. Maybe in the future we'll finally get a 2 killers vs 8 survivors mode?

  • I would support it, as long as Freddy was made available.

    That sure felt like a slap to the face after being hyped for Lights Out.

  • All of these 'mutations' to use a left 4 dead term should be available in customs if people want to mess about. Occasionally the 'mutation' should be available to play in the main game from a bunch available that get added to.

  • @GeneralV said:

    I would support it, as long as Freddy was made available.

    That sure felt like a slap to the face after being hyped for Lights Out.

    I felt so bad for everyone who loves playing as Freddy.

  • @Slowpeach said:

    All of these 'mutations' to use a left 4 dead term should be available in customs if people want to mess about. Occasionally the 'mutation' should be available to play in the main game from a bunch available that get added to.

    That would be really neat, like a rotating “mutations” mode. I would LOVE that!

  • Yes. 100% absolutely.

  • It wasn't good, my friend :(

    I was so excited for that event...

    But I played Knight and I admit I had fun.