Option to change name within the game

I would like to be able to change my name within the game itself so I can give myself a funny one, and without having to change my console ID online (since according to the console notice, there is a possibility that you will lose content that you have downloaded with your ID) .

Comments

  • @Cheque0826 said:

    I would like to be able to change my name within the game itself so I can give myself a funny one, and without having to change my console ID online (since according to the console notice, there is a possibility that you will lose content that you have downloaded with your ID) .

    Yeah apparently those on Steam can change their name every match if they wanted to, while if I wished to change my Xbox gamertag it's like only once a month and cost money...

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/406954/option-to-change-name-within-the-game

    Yeah apparently those on Steam can change their name every match if they wanted to, while if I wished to change my Xbox gamertag it's like only once a month and cost money...

    It’s so weird that consoles already charge for an online subscription just to be able to play online games and then have something simple like a name change behind a pay wall as well 🫠

    and yeah on Steam you can change your name pretty much any time, even when you are in lobby iirc you would have the changed name during the match

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3665529#Comment_3665529

    It’s so weird that consoles already charge for an online subscription just to be able to play online games and then have something simple like a name change behind a pay wall as well 🫠

    and yeah on Steam you can change your name pretty much any time, even when you are in lobby iirc you would have the changed name during the match

    IMG_2053.jpeg


  • @Mooks said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3665529#Comment_3665529

    It’s so weird that consoles already charge for an online subscription just to be able to play online games and then have something simple like a name change behind a pay wall as well 🫠

    and yeah on Steam you can change your name pretty much any time, even when you are in lobby iirc you would have the changed name during the match

    And I've had my same Xbox name for like a decade or so! 🤪

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3665553#Comment_3665553

    "even when you are in lobby" Is there a trick to this? If I change my name I have to exit the game and go back in for it to change.

    It won’t change while in the lobby but should be changed in the match I think

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/406954/option-to-change-name-within-the-game

    Yeah apparently those on Steam can change their name every match if they wanted to, while if I wished to change my Xbox gamertag it's like only once a month and cost money...

    For real, when I had a tough survivor challenge, I would sometimes change my username to something like "plsLemmyStun5T_T" and eventually some killer would take pity on me.

    For a while I ran "DH is so cringe" and tried to influence other survivors to play something else and prove that you could do well without it. But eh, my results were suppar and I would be surprised if I even got a single survivor main to reconsider using that busted perk. Lolol. Later I would start the anti DH alliance and was the sole member of it, and even later change DH to MFT.

    Changing names often and in response go the change of seasons is fun.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3665529#Comment_3665529

    For real, when I had a tough survivor challenge, I would sometimes change my username to something like "plsLemmyStun5T_T" and eventually some killer would take pity on me.

    For a while I ran "DH is so cringe" and tried to influence other survivors to play something else and prove that you could do well without it. But eh, my results were suppar and I would be surprised if I even got a single survivor main to reconsider using that busted perk. Lolol. Later I would start the anti DH alliance and was the sole member of it, and even later change DH to MFT.

    Changing names often and in response go the change of seasons is fun.

    At one point, my name was meaning ``More Gen conpleting, everyone.'' yes.