The Irony here

I love how people say distortion isnt op or good, and yet those same people run it,


says a perk is bad.

yet runs it and gets constantly value from it.....

perk is op, give me one reason its not op

starts at full stacks

you can get stacks back (wtaf)

it hides aurea AND scratch marks

it enables stealth players even more to not only hide all game but screw over there team.

the perk isnt fun for either side.

Comments

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3661784#Comment_3661784

    Gearhead actually works pretty well at getting rid of stacks. You don't need an entire loadout to do that. As for exhaustion, there are both addons AND perks that apply that.

    I know gearhead works, but gearheads really not that good. I know perks and add-ons for exhaustion exist but I don't play huntress and I'm pretty sure none of those perks are very good either.

  • It's hilarious how 1 perk can counter an entire build. A killer have to deal with 4 brains and 16 perks here mind you.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663276#Comment_3663276

    I know gearhead works, but gearheads really not that good. I know perks and add-ons for exhaustion exist but I don't play huntress and I'm pretty sure none of those perks are very good either.

    Gearhead is probably the best perk for deleting distortion tokens. If you want to ignore the actual auras it gives you BEYOND that, that's your call I guess. You can run a 2nd aura read WITH it. If distortion is hindering your use of BBQ though, gearhead is actually a good alternative. You can look around while carrying someone to the hook to figure out where a target is and by that point, gearhead would've chewed through everyone's tokens.

    As for exhaustion, mindbreaker is a pretty decent one with super easy application. Exhaustion doesn't wear off while the survivor is running, so they have to find time mid chase to stop running for them to make use of their exhaustion perks. Toss this on a stealth killer and you don't have to worry about a survivor Sprint bursting away from a gen.

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663502#Comment_3663502

    You and glint make me giggle. Glint was trying so hard to help them over come adversity.

    I can see the annoyance; I'm just not one to believe the perk can't be countered. It's annoying how if you bring something like I'm all ears, it's opening up to losing the survivor entirely due to 10 seconds of no scratch marks. I definitely think the perk could use tweaking to make it healthier for the game.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663573#Comment_3663573

    I can see the annoyance; I'm just not one to believe the perk can't be countered. It's annoying how if you bring something like I'm all ears, it's opening up to losing the survivor entirely due to 10 seconds of no scratch marks. I definitely think the perk could use tweaking to make it healthier for the game.

    Yeah it can be countered absolutely.

    i wouldn’t mind losing the part of the perk that covers your scratch marks. The perk is good aura with regen alone. I can see how scratch marks being covered also can be a little overkill.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    Out of curiosity, is Distortion the big complaint perk of the month, or is there something more OP currently? Couldn't think of anything so why not ask lol. FTP+BU accounted for.

    Is seems like it is the big complaint of the month. It’s not a beginner perk, you really have to know what you’re doing with it, or will absolutely get your entire team killed, especially quickly if they can’t loop at all. All the people just standing around with it are probably new/newer survivors learning the game. This perk has some serious draw backs for your own team.


    i mean yeah there’s a lot of perks and combos in the list for survivors that I can see potentially becoming problematic if they were used in mass. Like survivor is weird bc one person using it is fine, nothing game changing. 4 ppl though with a plan can make a mass amount of perks problematic. I certainly wouldn’t name them online, bc again I like nice things, and people will absolutely abuse stuff. Just take a look at the list of survivor perks and if you think this would be a nice combo or it’s nice. Which is absolutely fine in moderation, but survivors are a team so multiply that by 4, now it’s an issue bc 4 man stacking.

  • @AnxiousGummy said:

    Not all Distortion users hide all match. I run it but would hardly call myself a stealth player. I still go out of my way to help my team by taking hits/downs and even purposely going to the killer to take chase if needed. Distortion only helps me in those situations where I need to be hidden to finish my objective (i.e. finishing a gen, heading to a hook to save someone, etc).

    Its fine if killers dont use aura perk.

    Thing is, if you and a last hook teammate at a Gen, and killer has aura reading to patrol your Gen, when both run away, you dont leave scratch mark, which may still lead your teammate to doom, even if you ready to take the chase.

  • Use Gearhead or Eruption

    Those perks combined eat up all tokens

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    Out of curiosity, is Distortion the big complaint perk of the month, or is there something more OP currently? Couldn't think of anything so why not ask lol. FTP+BU accounted for.

    Windows of Opportunity

    Adrenaline

    Resilience

    Deja Vu

    Hope

    Background Player

    Champion of Light

    In other words, every above average survivor perk

  • This is a case of someone playing old meta. Nowhere to Hide, LP, BBQ and whatever other aura reading perk you play is last year meta.


    The meta now is to play other locating perks like Spies from the Shadows, Ultimate Weapon, Whispers, Infectious Fright. Or other perks that reveal the aura of objects(ex. gens) survivors interact with (Discordance etc.) Or other screaming perks.

  • @OneAutumnLeaf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663197#Comment_3663197

    Make tokens only regen while in chase and we are golden, and only start with 1 stack, you still get your inital value but you dont get a free aura immunity for the entire game either.

    I honestly dont understand why people are always talking about lightborn and franklins when they are barely even ran in games

    lightborn has a 5% pickrate....

    franklins has a 2% pickrate

    meanwhile distortion has

    9% pickrate....totally diffrent. lightborn and franklins are barely used, but you will almost always see a distortion ran at least once during your daily matches.

    I mean 9% is still less than a third of the pick rate for pop and pain res. Nerf those and I will happily take a distortion nerf in return LOL. I know thats not realistic, but it is still on the fringe, and definitely not a meta perk.

1 2 3 ›