Dead by Daylight "Battle Pass"
Hey,
i would like to the a "Battle Pass" thing in DbD. Such as in fortnite or Rocket league. You have to do some missions, like unhook XY times, play Nurse for XY Rounds or something like that. And for each tier up in the "battle pass" you get cosmetic pieces, shards, bloodpoints etc. pp
Whats your opinion on that idea? I rly wish the devs would do something like that ![]()
Greetings
Comments
If it's like rocket league and fortnite and you have to pay for premium, then absolutely not.
If it was a replacement for the leveling system that'd be nice though.
I would much rather just do what I do now and just buy the skin I want.
Plus I heard that if you buy the pass in Fortnight you are a virgin? I do not know if this is true but I do not want to risk it!
It sort of sounds like what happens already - you play the game and get stuff?
i really don’t feel like paying ten dollars every three months to get extra incentives to play when they’re already there. maybe challenges for skins, but other than that, that’s a no from me
To be honest, Fortnite's Battle Pass system is deliberately designed in such a way that buying it once allows you to have it forever and make a V-Bucks profit.
This is a purchase nearly everybody makes in Fortnite's superior free to play model.
On top of that, most younglings spend the v-bucks required to buy the next battle-pas instead of saving it up.
It really doesn't cost 10 dollar per month if you have some amount of self-control (:
This. Fortnite did "Battle Pass" right by letting active participants earn enough back that they can buy another "Battle Pass" and still net a positive sum.. Aren't they the only "Battle Pass" game that have that model?
@se05239
I thinks so. It seems to be such a risky model judged at face value and not a lot of companies would dare to try it if they were to be the first.
With the amount of sociologists/psychologists/marketeers working within the company, I'm not surprised that they decoded such a vital part of human psychology to make it all work.
They can make younglings purchase skins that they get bored off after 1 game and have them repeat that process.
I really don't know if I should be celebrating or be terrified of their model, but it surely is a work of genius.
Fortnite's model only works because of the sheer scale of the playerbase and its rewards development.
It's a fun game, but damn does it get old fast. If you aren't playing with friends, it blows.
As far as I know Fortnite doesn't have a progression systems like DbD. Adding grind on top of other grind doesn't seem good.
In any case this is the umpteenth thread about this argument, a quick search would be too much to ask?
Eh... It would just feel like BHVR trying to get a quick cash grab. I just don't think it would fit well in this game.
No. Fortnite needs to die.
If you're going in there for a specific cosmetic or a specific item and you don't want have the time it takes to get to say level 80 you're practically going to be wasting money on a battle pass.
When it comes to buying your way through to get to level 80, you're practically spending more money than you would have if you would have just bought that initial cosmetic on the store.
Well at least now if you want if I want to get a cosmetic for Min, I could just buy it with iridescent shards or auric cells and and save money and unnecessary wasted time.
NO. This millennial approach to stuff like this is just horrible.
Dead by Daylight just needs a fresh coat of paint on a couple things.
Ranked Rewards
Prestige Enhancements?
Stats
It's pretty simple.
Death Pass (yes i did name it on the spot) wouldn't work.
Maybe "Challenges per week" for BP could be cool.
Like "Unhook 20 survivors" - X BloodPoints
No pay to win please, thanks