The Knight requesting guidance
I just brought this killer and i’m getting creamed. Maybe 1-2 hooks per match.
What’s the tactic with him? If Survivors see you use your power the just run. Same at a pallet.
Help
I just brought this killer and i’m getting creamed. Maybe 1-2 hooks per match.
What’s the tactic with him? If Survivors see you use your power the just run. Same at a pallet.
Help
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Knight's power can be used in many different ways:
Some basic tips:
Here are some usefull and my favorite add-ons that will be always usefull every match:
Hope this at least bit helps!
Knight is unique in that he only has one addon slot, because he's nearly unplayable without Map Of The Realm
He's frustrating as hell depsite being fun. Survivors can easily abuse him and 2 of his 3 lacklustre guards. If survivors hold w away from the action areas or circle back for the flag, you've had it frankly. If they try and loop you, even at shack, you'll do well, but he's very easy to get the better of.
Map of the realm is mandatory, as is dried horsemeat.
Even in lights out, with those two addons missing, he felt very underwhelming as guards chase less and often miss spotting the fleeing survivors.
Best strat is to try and pincer survivors. Fire guard at gen, then watch the guard chase as you cut them off. Do it properly and you can be standing still when they run into you.
actually 0 addons slots, call of arms and map of the realm are already basekit at this point
My time to shine. Knight is forever my go-to killer. I'm a firm believer that he is one of the strongest killers in the game. I'm currently working on a in depth comprehensive Knight guide that I'll upload to the forums at some point in the near future.
First off, a great many people will tell you that the Knight's greatest strength is shutting down loops. While the Knight is able to do that, there are other killers who are far better at loop denial. So while you can play the Knight in this manner, I would advise against it. In my personal opinion, you gotta play to the greatest of the Knight's strength, which is the ability to be in two chases at once.
I value a killer that can be in two separate chases at once. No other killer can keep half of of the survivor team busy at the same time quite like The Knight.
My build is as follows...
Addons: Dried Horsemeat, to increase the chance of getting an injure with a guard, Call to Arms, to better sneak up on survivors on gens.
Perks: Lethal Pressure, to guarantee early pressure and synergize with my other perks; BBQ and Chilli, to know where to go whenever a get a hook; Discordance, to know which gens to head towards to get two chases at once, and Nowhere to Hide, to kick a gen and potentially find a hiding survivor (which happens a lot) so I can either start a chase or send a gaurd to do the heavy lifting.
Give it a try. It may change your opinion on The Knight
Lastly, I understand why people like Map of the Realm, but I value the two addons i always use MUCH more
Sincerely yours....
Sandt, The Knight Main
I remember when this used to be the Trapper's joke since a bag was required. In a way, it still applies to him lol.
The patrol lengths are plenty long enough without call of arms imo. 4 seconds of extra chasing for 2 useless guards is handy as it keeps them occupied a bit longer. I don't use the 2 chases tactic that often as 2 of the guards won't catch sod all, so need to double up on marked survivors to be more effective.
I'll just add a tips : don't over use your power while chasing someone as you will most likely loose them while drawing your guard's path. Drop them instantly at a loop to force them to leave, but that's about it during a chase.
Insted, you wan't to use your power to surprise survivors. Draw it to a gen and listen carefully when close to it : if you hear repair noise, left clic it to make them chase, if you don't hear any repair noise, ask your guard to kick the gen.
Map of the realm is outstanding at this because not only it make the guard radius bigger, but it also make is spand quicker, making it impossible to dodge for the survivor.