Lights out is very fun! Share fun experiences, please!

I got to play the new gameplay modifier and I'm glad to report it's a lot of fun!

The changes, although subtle, add a lot of small complexities to the core gameplay, a shakeup like this is always welcome in my opinion. The game obviously got much scarier and centered around hiding, since the terror radius is non-existent and scratch marks are also hidden. I particularly enjoyed playing survivor and ranged killers. The dread of what's hiding around the corner as well as adrenaline from the killer passing you by as you hide is very cool! And hitting survivors from unexpected angles as well as landing daring shots in the dark is now my favorite thing.

I'd like to share a funny moment I had while playing against a Myers, I would appreciate people commenting with their own experiences!

So there's this Myers I went up against in a solo queue game, he was pretty good! He reached Tier 3 once and downed our Feng, then went onto another survivor. Since I was nearby trying to flashlight save, I went up to her to heal her. Unfortunately, Myers quickly downed the other survivor, and went straight back to us. It was too late once I realized that and my attempt to hide was unsuccessful, with 3 people now downed. Come end of the game, 2 survivors are dead, I'm dead on hook and I try playing really carefully working on a generator. I get some kind of sixth sense telling me to hide, so I did. Lo and behold, the Myers comes over, kicks the gen, and leaves. As I praise myself for my intuition, getting back on the gen, I hear the tier up sound and get a knife in my back from an angle I didn't expect.

I know this is just a small week-long event to test out gameplay modifiers, but I stay hopeful that new stuff comes around and there will be much more variety in the future!

Comments

  • Wow. Wow wow wow. This was AMAZING. I can’t believe how fun it was.

    When I first spawned into the Ormond Killer shack I heard a zombie behind me on the other side of the wall hungry to get in. That felt EXACTLY like a scary movie. Wow.

    The mode is scary. I love how light is used in this mode! It’s so awesome to see a flashlight in the distance or a barrel to light the way. I love how you have to leave the hook to heal yourself since that’s where the Killer will head since it’s dark for them too.

    I also love how the Killer is so quiet except for the chase music. I wish the red stain would be hidden. If it’s too difficult for Survivors then maybe make it so they only have to repair 3-4 generators or make the generators repair faster.

    Overall I am highly pleased with this mode. Wow how fun and scary.

  • Or add a 5th survivor if its too difficult. But still, i hope they will remove all information for both side.Would be amazing to know nothing about our team mates

  • Very nice to see some positive feedback on the gamemode, I'll be posting my own too, make sure the devs know we appreciate this!

  • I love the gamemodes concept and I have had some fun matches with it as killer as well as survivor. Unfortunately for survivor right now many killers are just camping, tunneling, and slugging. Survivors with no perks or info do not have the tools to effectively counter this. This makes the gamemode rather painful as a survivor.

    It would be very good if BHVR implemented some basic countermeasures. Maybe basekit unbreakable for the gamemode, and basekit OTR would be very good. Also if the killer is within the anti-camp radius, they should have their Terror Radius.

  • If I could change anything I would take the red stain away from the Killer and give Survivors twice the hook time. And maaaaybe make gen times a little bit faster.

  • The mode itself is fun but the Killers playing it, not so much. I've had some good scares but sadly there's too much camping and tunnelling for my tastes. Even in a mode that's overwhelmingly in favour of Killers, many are still playing this way.

    BHVR can change the game mode but unfortunately they can't change the player base. I think I'll stick to playing mostly Killer for this mode in future.