How do we Feel About the Upcoming Balance Changes?

image.png

This set of balance changes should be arriving with the next PTB, if I'm not mistaken, the main highlight being the nerf to Sloppy Butcher and the Mangled status in general. According to one of the Reddit AMAs that we had recently the Killer changes specified won't be anything big like what we got for Hillbilly or Onryo recently, probably minor changes to their add-ons/power. What are your predictions for how these things are going to get changed and what would you like to see? Do you think Mangled/Sloppy needs to be nerfed?

Hopefully we get some buffs to Pig's stealth and ambush, and fixes to Huntress' abysmal hitboxes. Not really sure what to expect for the other four Killers though.

Comments

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642588#Comment_3642588

    I suspect it’s because it is a very good Solo Q stomper, also might be because no one seems to run healing perks.

    It's only a good solo queue stomper because people refuse to take any steps to counter it, and I have a special grudge against those players getting Mangled/Sloppy nerfed because I am a solo queue player and desperately wish people would start running some goddamn altruism perks.

    They're really good, guys!!!! For the love of god!!!!! This wouldn't be a problem if you'd make helping your teammates a reasonable priority in your builds and playstyle!

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3643649#Comment_3643649

    It's only a good solo queue stomper because people refuse to take any steps to counter it, and I have a special grudge against those players getting Mangled/Sloppy nerfed because I am a solo queue player and desperately wish people would start running some goddamn altruism perks.

    They're really good, guys!!!! For the love of god!!!!! This wouldn't be a problem if you'd make helping your teammates a reasonable priority in your builds and playstyle!

    Your asking way to much of people...

  • Apparently so, but a gal can dream...

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3643649#Comment_3643649

    It's only a good solo queue stomper because people refuse to take any steps to counter it, and I have a special grudge against those players getting Mangled/Sloppy nerfed because I am a solo queue player and desperately wish people would start running some goddamn altruism perks.

    They're really good, guys!!!! For the love of god!!!!! This wouldn't be a problem if you'd make helping your teammates a reasonable priority in your builds and playstyle!

    So, many good options as well. Botany, Desperate Measures, We'll Make It, Second Wind, and even the weaker ones aren't that bad of perks. But all I see are people running chase perks thinking they can 5 gen chases like they're Ayrun or JRM. Like this Solo Q bro that isn't going to happen.

  • @Zenislev said:

    I can't wait to see them gut another killer tool, because survivors just don't have it easy enough. I'm sure all those killers on that list will come out just fine too. Remember that time the devs said that billy was fine and that they liked his current state, and then they added the overheat mechanic just because? I remember that. I expect a long list of nerfs to everyone on that list.

    What are you on about? Lately killer has never been easier and solo que has never been more brain meltingly abysmal. If you struggle with killer right now, I have bad news for you.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Mangled was always problem, especially after med-kits nerfed to ground it become even more problem. And it always nuked some heal perks for no reason (Jill, Ada and Jane perks, i don't even remember perk names). So change needed for this statu effect.

    Hag & Huntress = I don't know why they are on list , they both are just fine.

    Demogorgon = Hopefully he will able to move his portals.

    Doctor & Clown = Some buffs will be nice tho.

    Pig: JUST DON'T NERF HER AGAIN PLEASE, NERFING PIG MEME IS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE.

    To be precise, the survivor perks mentioned are killed by Hemorrhage, which drains the heal progress, not Mangled, which only slows it.

    @Yippiekiyah said:

    Sloppy doesn't need a nerf. Maybe if they made bad killer perks like fire up, Huntress Lullaby and Dragon's Grip more viable we'd see less sloppy butcher and STBFL.


    I remember Puppers (RIP) suggesting that Sloppy Butcher be timed but the mangled add-ons be permanent, rather than the other way around that it once was.

  • @Depressedlegion said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642512#Comment_3642512

    Demogorgon and doctor have no mangled addon's have any kind of mangled addon, so they're definitely getting something else. Hopefully buffs for at least doctor.

    I’m hoping Doctor will get a buff in the form of a shorter slowdown when he uses his power and the Illusions get a red stain and run towards survivors.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3643494#Comment_3643494

    That's Haemorrhage, not Mangled.

    Haemorrhage would actually make sense to be on this roadmap, but for some reason they're looking at Mangled instead.

    Yeah true, seems like an interesting choice.

  • Mangled depends on the length of the timer. If it's too short it could become useless but if it's too long then nothing really changed.

    Huntress I don't understand why she is here. She's perfectly fine as she is. There are other killers way more in need of help than her. Unless it's just a change to make hatchet hitboxes not so frustrating to play against then it's alright, but if it's just straight buffs then I can see her becoming frustrating to deal with.

    Pig I'm kinda scared of seeing buffed. She already can slow the game down a lot, and even more now with Grim Embrace, so if they buff her slowdown in anyway she will just drag games out. Her chase needs buffs but please don't touch her slowdown.

    Clown I'm glad to see here but I don't know what I'm expecting from them.

    Doctor I hope they make his range and detonation delay add ons base kit. And then adjust some of his add ons so they don't all feel the same.

    Demo I'm assuming is here because of the STBFL nerf and this will be some sort of buff to Shred to compensate.

    Sloppy... does this mean Sloppy is getting a change on top of the Mangled change? If so I hope it isn't too big of a nerf since it's pretty much the only good generic killer perk now that Jolt and Mind Breaker are no longer universal.

1 2 ›