When is Lobby Dodging Justified?

I'm curious as to what you think, if anything, justifies it - unless you literally never have and never will dodge a lobby under any circumstances.

Please state your reasons and the POV you are speaking from (Killer or Survivor) along with a brief explanation if necessary.

Please keep the comments civil and respectful as I really want to hear from people who dodge on why they dodge, not why you think others do.

I'm hoping this thread will also be helpful for Devs to get a better idea of reasons and maybe we can find solutions other than not having a lobby at all.

I'll go first and for context I have 4,590 hours and only dodge for the reasons below based on my experience on how the match will likely play out.

Survivor POV:

  • TTVs
  • 3 Flashlights
  • The words 'Toxic' or 'Troll' being in a DBD username or terms such as 'Simp for [Insert Killer name here]'
  • Keys 🔑

Killer POV:

  • ANON players - they make me incredibly uncomfortable only as Killer and I honestly don't know why.

I have nothing against TTVs at all but they are usually targeted early and it leads to rage quitting, or them just being tunneled out. Oddly enough, I don't see this as much with ANON mode players.

If 3 flashlights are coming in, the survivors rarely touch gens and often waste time trying to blind a Lightborn killer, especially if there is a current Tome Challenge.

Toxic or Troll usernames - when someone tells you who they are, believe them.

Keys in my last several matches, before I dodged them, were always used to exclusively play for Hatch with teammates who would literally hide around the map, unwilling to unhook or repair at all. Their perks also indicated their intention after you see them post match. It doesn't help there are old Tome Challenges that ask you to open the Hatch with a Key.

Comments

  • when you wanna dodge specific people in the lobby for reasons that would make you avoid that person irl aswell.


    and some reasons specific to dbd that do not fall under #1

  • @CountOfTheFog said:

    I'm curious as to what you think, if anything, justifies it - unless you literally never have and never will dodge a lobby under any circumstances.

    Please state your reasons and the POV you are speaking from (Killer or Survivor) along with a brief explanation if necessary.

    Please keep the comments civil and respectful as I really want to hear from people who dodge on why they dodge, not why you think others do.

    I'm hoping this thread will also be helpful for Devs to get a better idea of reasons and maybe we can find solutions other than not having a lobby at all.

    I'll go first and for context I have 4,590 hours and only dodge for the reasons below based on my experience on how the match will likely play out.

    Survivor POV:

    • TTVs
    • 3 Flashlights
    • The words 'Toxic' or 'Troll' being in a DBD username or terms such as 'Simp for [Insert Killer name here]'
    • Keys 🔑

    Killer POV:

    • ANON players - they make me incredibly uncomfortable only as Killer and I honestly don't know why.

    I have nothing against TTVs at all but they are usually targeted early and it leads to rage quitting, or them just being tunneled out. Oddly enough, I don't see this as much with ANON mode players.

    If 3 flashlights are coming in, the survivors rarely touch gens and often waste time trying to blind a Lightborn killer, especially if there is a current Tome Challenge.

    Toxic or Troll usernames - when someone tells you who they are, believe them.

    Keys in my last several matches, before I dodged them, were always used to exclusively play for Hatch with teammates who would literally hide around the map, unwilling to unhook or repair at all. Their perks also indicated their intention after you see them post match. It doesn't help there are old Tome Challenges that ask you to open the Hatch with a Key.

    you forgot weskers kitten

    there are way too many of those

  • If there are 4 toolboxes. I don't want to play a 3 min game.

  • i don't dodge as survivor unless i requeue into people i had a bad match with (either because they were toxic in egc or not good in game) but this happens VERY rarely so i normally never dodge as survivor


    as killer i dodge multiple p100s. like someone said earlier, i know that p100 doesn't mean skill, but i'd rather not take that gamble especially since i'm not very good at killer. i'd rather be pleasantly surprised the survivors are good rather than queue into people who have a higher likelihood of it. idk, for me it's justified because i don't like getting stomped especially since i don't really have a main killer i play and only really play killer for dailies. i think my best is hillbilly rn and even then i don't play him much and am still getting used to new hillbilly and addons.

  • You don't need to justify it. If you don't want to play in a lobby then you don't have to. Free will is a beautiful thing.

  • @brewingtea said:

    >My food came

    THE FOOD! YOU ORDERED IT.

    IT CAME.

    No, but seriously, cut it out. You guys are f-ing up the matchmaking. Don't be dicks.

    My food takes priority over pixels on a screen. I will gladly AFK or leave the lobby if my food comes.

  • @CountOfTheFog said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3640454#Comment_3640454

    What if they have the word 'Toxic' or 'Troll' in their names?

    I personally don't think I've ever seen a name like you described, but if I did my reaction would be the same as yours.

    Nice to be chatting with you again @HerInfernalMajesty 🤗 I always love seeing you in The Forums!

    Hi @CountOfTheFog!!! It’s nice seeing you around here again too! I hope you’ve been having fun games! Bonus if they’re scary 😊🔪🩸🐽😉

    As for the names? If the name itself has the actual word “toxic” or “troll” then that’s fine, I’ll work with it.

  • @aerie said:

    i don't dodge as survivor unless i requeue into people i had a bad match with (either because they were toxic in egc or not good in game) but this happens VERY rarely so i normally never dodge as survivor

    as killer i dodge multiple p100s. like someone said earlier, i know that p100 doesn't mean skill, but i'd rather not take that gamble especially since i'm not very good at killer. i'd rather be pleasantly surprised the survivors are good rather than queue into people who have a higher likelihood of it. idk, for me it's justified because i don't like getting stomped especially since i don't really have a main killer i play and only really play killer for dailies. i think my best is hillbilly rn and even then i don't play him much and am still getting used to new hillbilly and addons.

    Honestly, just play against the P100s. I get matched with a number of them (it's been long enough that they're becoming commonplace) and 9/10 are average. This screenshot I took was me dying on hook while these two P100s were hiding in corners. They even had health states to spare/hook trade if necessary, and the game was completely winnable. One was a Jonathan Byers too, and at P100 they had to have been playing for years, since the original ST chapter was released. And he still hid.

    Don't be scared of them. If anything I get tempted to dodge them, as survivor, because they play like this.

    18d685ca51981-screenshotUrl.jpg


  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3640876#Comment_3640876

    Honestly, just play against the P100s. I get matched with a number of them (it's been long enough that they're becoming commonplace) and 9/10 are average. This screenshot I took was me dying on hook while these two P100s were hiding in corners. They even had health states to spare/hook trade if necessary, and the game was completely winnable. One was a Jonathan Byers too, and at P100 they had to have been playing for years, since the original ST chapter was released. And he still hid.

    Don't be scared of them. If anything I get tempted to dodge them, as survivor, because they play like this.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OSMWFIHDA96C/18d685ca51981-screenshoturl.jpg

    I always play as Jonathan with a BPS or Terrormisu if there is a Nancy in the lobby. I do anything to protect my celebrity crush 😍

    I am appalled that he did not save you. Sickening.

  • @CountOfTheFog said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3641250#Comment_3641250

    I always play as Jonathan with a BPS or Terrormisu if there is a Nancy in the lobby. I do anything to protect my celebrity crush 😍

    I am appalled that he did not save you. Sickening.

    Yeah I was thinking the same haha what kind of Jonathan leaves Nancy to die 😠

  • If I see an RPD or Game offering, I just close the game while it’s loading.

  • Dodge whoever you want, if the 4 man prestige 100 SWF with 4 flashlights in the lobby is bored of waiting, they can get a book from a public library to entertain themselves in the meantime.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3640876#Comment_3640876

    Honestly, just play against the P100s. I get matched with a number of them (it's been long enough that they're becoming commonplace) and 9/10 are average. This screenshot I took was me dying on hook while these two P100s were hiding in corners. They even had health states to spare/hook trade if necessary, and the game was completely winnable. One was a Jonathan Byers too, and at P100 they had to have been playing for years, since the original ST chapter was released. And he still hid.

    Don't be scared of them. If anything I get tempted to dodge them, as survivor, because they play like this.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OSMWFIHDA96C/18d685ca51981-screenshoturl.jpg

    i'm not scared of them. it's a video game. relax. i just don't want to risk it, i play very casually. i didn't post this to get told i'm "scared" for not wanting to play certain matches out. so annoying. makes me wonder why i even post anyways with this community if i'm just going to get jumped and get called scared for taking 10 seconds out of my day to leave and rejoin another lobby

1 2 ›