Xbox console bans.

So I get on today and back to back killers obviously are looking to derank because they both quit instantly. Costing me 2 good offerings in a row. I get the bp back but that isn't really good IMO why can't they just make it so we get THE item back? BP means we will end up spending it on something we don't want in the first place as opposed to the good item we have.

I can at least respect people whoderank by going idle. At least the IDEA is somewhat respectable to the survivors who can still get their points or whatever. Maybe they're not idle and they get hit if asked or something. But to load up no addons no offerings and DC right away? Oh yeah lets just screw 4 people over because I wasnt easier matches....

Assuming console bans aren't a total myth. Will they go back and look at the data for this? Would be hilarious to me if they all got banned for doing this.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • Yes, they've said that people will be banned retroactively once bans come out. And yes, it's going to be hilarious.

  • Have the devs apparently commented that you need to quit 80% of matches to get banned?

    That is what one responded to me. It sounds like nonsense and I hope that isn't true.

  • I had a Billy DC on 4 party streamers, also on Xbox. Won't name shame though. When we asked why he just like "I forgot my mori". Like who the hell cares just play the match and get a crap ton of BP. We were a 4 man but we weren't going to gen rush we all wanted BP. He would see 2 maybe 3 gens pop the first chase and then no gens for a long time while we do totems and chests and saves. Then he's all "you'll get another in the next web it's no big deal". Bro, you just threw away like +100k with BBQ.

    Truth is he was scared of a 4 man and wanted to troll us.

  • @thesuicidefox said:
    I had a Billy DC on 4 party streamers, also on Xbox. Won't name shame though. When we asked why he just like "I forgot my mori". Like who the hell cares just play the match and get a crap ton of BP. We were a 4 man but we weren't going to gen rush we all wanted BP. He would see 2 maybe 3 gens pop the first chase and then no gens for a long time while we do totems and chests and saves. Then he's all "you'll get another in the next web it's no big deal". Bro, you just threw away like +100k with BBQ.

    Truth is he was scared of a 4 man and wanted to troll us.

    I wouldn't even care if I got bullied with 4 streamers. Thats a good score no matter what happens.

  • Orion said:

    Yes, they've said that people will be banned retroactively once bans come out. And yes, it's going to be hilarious.

    Where's your popcorn??? C'mon, the show is about to start! :)
  • @ASurvkillivorer said:
    So I get on today and back to back killers obviously are looking to derank because they both quit instantly. Costing me 2 good offerings in a row. I get the bp back but that isn't really good IMO why can't they just make it so we get THE item back? BP means we will end up spending it on something we don't want in the first place as opposed to the good item we have.

    I can at least respect people whoderank by going idle. At least the IDEA is somewhat respectable to the survivors who can still get their points or whatever. Maybe they're not idle and they get hit if asked or something. But to load up no addons no offerings and DC right away? Oh yeah lets just screw 4 people over because I wasnt easier matches....

    Assuming console bans aren't a total myth. Will they go back and look at the data for this? Would be hilarious to me if they all got banned for doing this.

    You guys dont seem to understand.
    DCing isnt really punished, even on PC where the banns work. You need to maintain a absurdly high rate DC over a large amount of time that the system triggers.

    You can be glad that you play as survivor, so you keep items and get 5k for BP. As killer you are really screwed if survivors DC

  • @Orion said:
    Yes, they've said that people will be banned retroactively once bans come out. And yes, it's going to be hilarious.

    Peanits said that. An ACM. Not a dev.

    They're not going to ban for dcs from the last 2 years combined that'd be dumb everyone would be banned.

  • @Bbbrian2013 said:

    @Orion said:
    Yes, they've said that people will be banned retroactively once bans come out. And yes, it's going to be hilarious.

    Peanits said that. An ACM. Not a dev.

    They're not going to ban for dcs from the last 2 years combined that'd be dumb everyone would be banned.

    No, only people who've willfully broken the rules because they thought they were safe from punishment would be banned. If you're not part of that group, you've got nothing to worry about.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:
    Have the devs apparently commented that you need to quit 80% of matches to get banned?

    That is what one responded to me. It sounds like nonsense and I hope that isn't true.

    I think it is more like 33%.

  • @Bbbrian2013 said:

    @Orion said:
    Yes, they've said that people will be banned retroactively once bans come out. And yes, it's going to be hilarious.

    Peanits said that. An ACM. Not a dev.

    They're not going to ban for dcs from the last 2 years combined that'd be dumb everyone would be banned.

    Yeah it's extremely unlikely. If they said otherwise though things would be even worse. Like 80% of the console playerbase has no clue what is and isn't bannable. There must be an insane amount of false reports. They really need to put out a well articulated descriptive list in the game of what is bannable and what isn't.

  • @Tucking_Friggered said:

    @ASurvkillivorer said:
    Have the devs apparently commented that you need to quit 80% of matches to get banned?

    That is what one responded to me. It sounds like nonsense and I hope that isn't true.

    I think it is more like 33%.

    No percentage has been stated. To be clear, one slipped out during a livestream, but it has been changed since then. Fact is, nobody outside the devs (and maybe the mods) have any idea of what the threshold is.

  • How about making it so quitting doesn't make killers lose pips? It sounds like a semi reward because it could help you screw survivors over so how about.

    Killer DCs and loses no pips. Gets no points and the survivors get a decent amount of points. Yeah I know it creates a weird farming situation potentially....

    I got paired with the same killer who DCed on me yesterday andin the lobby I noticed the killer exit at the final second so I was like hmmmm wait. Sure enough I looked it up and it was that same killer.

    The level of entitlement is insane. HOW DARE you call me out for screwing over 4 survivors for my own benefit. Now that I see you again I will DC at the last second of the lobby to be even more toxic!

    A killer with 2,800 kills deranking on purpose and scared to face me. Pathetic.

  • @Orion said:
    Yes, they've said that people will be banned retroactively once bans come out. And yes, it's going to be hilarious.

    Lol, i am one of them because I lose connection to the server and crash all the time

  • Is there a list of actual bannable offenses somewhere?

  • Thats funny. I just had a 4k against a team with a guy who kept looping me around and around then tea bagging me. Eventually he screwed up and walked directly into me while looking backwards. So then when I hooked him I smacked him a few times and tried to mimic Freddys little wave he would do after he was sacrificed.

    WAAHHH you're getting banned for bad manners! So upon reading that list. He actually breaks the rules by trying to intimidate me and apparently filing a false report on me. This game never ceases to amaze me.

  • Have the devs apparently commented that you need to quit 80% of matches to get banned?

    That is what one responded to me. It sounds like nonsense and I hope that isn't true.

    No. 80% is wicked high and wouldn't do anything. The actual number is much lower but not publicly known.