Most of BHVR's map reworks failed to significantly change how survivor sided they were

1 year ago, Otz ranked the maps. Looking at the kill rate of the maps that were the most survivor sided and reworked, most of them are still the most survivor sided maps. Relevant map reworks:

  • Haddonfield
  • Temple of Purgation
  • Shattered Square
  • Ormond
  • Torment Creek
  • Gas Heaven
  • Garden of Joy
  • Mother's Dwelling
  • Rotten Fields
  • Badham
  • Fractured Cowshed
  • Eyrie of Crows
image.png image.png

https://nightlight.gg/maps/viewer?sort=kill&shown=kill&start_days=28&compact=true

Comments

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    Its mostly split, favoring survivors by 3 maps. I'd say thats pretty good given BHVR's lack of 'balance' skill.

    I cant believe The Game is considered killer sided. Not sure this list is really that creditable. Nightlight is only a nice shove in a sample sizes direction.

    If I may ask, what map did you just lose on?

    Not really. Going off Nightlight's average kill rate of 55.89%, most of them are below the average kill rate.

    The Game has been proven to be one of the most killer sided maps since release. BHVR has released stats multiple times proving this.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/qbMgxin

    Stats are back at last! We've taken some time to gather some data and make some fancy graphs for your viewing pleasure.

    None. I haven't lost in hundreds of matches.

  • The kill rates range from 49% to 61%...

    That's not significant, you'd need a 25% difference to be able to discern this in live play.

  • I actually like the game. I know it's supposed to b survivor sided but I just don't see it. I win there quite consistently.

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    1 year ago, Otz ranked the maps. Looking at the kill rate of the maps that were the most survivor sided and reworked, most of them are still the most survivor sided maps. Relevant map reworks:

    • Haddonfield
    • Temple of Purgation
    • Shattered Square
    • Ormond
    • Torment Creek
    • Gas Heaven
    • Garden of Joy
    • Mother's Dwelling
    • Rotten Fields
    • Badham
    • Fractured Cowshed
    • Eyrie of Crows

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PPPBRAMB1UTN/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A2YM0OD3XAXK/image.png

    https://nightlight.gg/maps/viewer?sort=kill&shown=kill&start_days=28&compact=true

    Pure stats that anyone can contribute to are not entirely accurate ways of determining if a map is fair or not. For instance campel's chapel has basically the same kill rate as disturbed ward and disturbed ward is a FAR more survivor sided map than campel's chapel and yet the kill rates do not reflect this. Point being is take these stats with a grain of salt (a bit like looking at killer kill rates as a means of determining if a killer is strong or not).

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    Its mostly split, favoring survivors by 3 maps. I'd say thats pretty good given BHVR's lack of 'balance' skill.

    I cant believe The Game is considered killer sided. Not sure this list is really that creditable. Nightlight is only a nice shove in a sample sizes direction.

    If I may ask, what map did you just lose on?

    The Game is actually a pretty balanced map imo. Its got lots of pallets but is relatively small and once the pallets are gone its open survivor hunting season.