If we are going to buff the Legion

We might have to nerf them in some other aspects. I just want this buff to be taken cautiously. I know the devs are going to buff him but I'm worried that they're going to make Legion the most hated killer in Dbd. More than the nurse herself. So please, devs, take this buff accordingly. They need buffs and the Frank's mixtape by default sounds cool but you're going to have to nerf them in another aspect to balance it out. I dont want this killer to be useless, I want them to be viable. But that doesn't mean i want them to be OP either. So please devs, keep an eye on them please, they're going to be a nightmare to balance out 

Comments

  • And what aspect would you suggest to nerf them in???

    He'll be fine, not every buff needs to have a reciprocating nerf. 
  • We might have to nerf them in some other aspects. I just want this buff to be taken cautiously. I know the devs are going to buff him but I'm worried that they're going to make Legion the most hated killer in Dbd. More than the nurse herself. So please, devs, take this buff accordingly. They need buffs and the Frank's mixtape by default sounds cool but you're going to have to nerf them in another aspect to balance it out. I dont want this killer to be useless, I want them to be viable. But that doesn't mean i want them to be OP either. So please devs, keep an eye on them please, they're going to be a nightmare to balance out 
    He doesnt need any nerfs after they buff him hes weak as is
  • Gardenia said:
    And what aspect would you suggest to nerf them in???

    He'll be fine, not every buff needs to have a reciprocating nerf. 
    I'm not quite sure to be honest. I just dont want them to be OP or completly gutted. I have faith that the team will balance them accordingly. But I feel like they might become too powerful. They're not that bad right now. They need improvements dont get me wrong, but I'm just not sure what the devs can do with them. I'm just hoping they'll be good. That's it. 
  • So you are scared that buffing the weakest killer would turn him into a top tier killer?
    Better keep him in a vegetative state for over a year like Freddy...
  • Franks mixtape buff is needed. I would argue to slightly increase the duration of frenzy as well. Nothing drastic just small. The bar conservation buff they'll implement will be nice, but that is about it. 

    He/She will need some of their add-ons reworked for better viability. 

    Particularly Iris. Red Button. Its nice, but I feel you should break pallets when vaulting over them, regardless if you inflict deep wounds or not.
  • Tsulan said:
    So you are scared that buffing the weakest killer would turn him into a top tier killer?
    Better keep him in a vegetative state for over a year like Freddy...
    Thats not what I meant, I want Legion to be good. But his potential seems to be overwhelming for survivors. I'm not sure how i feel about him, I'd like him to be viable/good but I'm not sure how to feel about this situation
  • Gardenia said:
    Franks mixtape buff is needed. I would argue to slightly increase the duration of frenzy as well. Nothing drastic just small. The bar conservation buff they'll implement will be nice, but that is about it. 

    He/She will need some of their add-ons reworked for better viability. 

    Particularly Iris. Red Button. Its nice, but I feel you should break pallets when vaulting over them, regardless if you inflict deep wounds or not.
    You are quite correct here!!! I'd like to see the addons revisited because they dont feel that great and I very much do agree on an increase in duration/speed in feral frenzy since in  noticing that at rank 1 survivors split up and run away from each other when I'm legion and if I had a bit more time to reach them it would become easier to chain my attacks
  • Tsulan said:
    So you are scared that buffing the weakest killer would turn him into a top tier killer?
    Better keep him in a vegetative state for over a year like Freddy...
    Thats not what I meant, I want Legion to be good. But his potential seems to be overwhelming for survivors. I'm not sure how i feel about him, I'd like him to be viable/good but I'm not sure how to feel about this situation
    How about we wait for the buff?
    It's not like they can't reverse changes. 
  • Don't get me wrong some addon are good it's just they are very vague in explanations. For Instance Julie's Mixtape and Joey's Mixtape are great in tandem to significantly lessen the stun time after using frenzy. Doubly so if you alternate with cold dirt and Julie/Joey's Mixtape. The stun only lasts about 1.5 seconds.

    The Pin add-ons are great too, however I've noticed they should be paired with a Ruler add-on to reach better potential. The Ruler add-on decreases the time taken to refill the gauge. 
  • Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    So you are scared that buffing the weakest killer would turn him into a top tier killer?
    Better keep him in a vegetative state for over a year like Freddy...
    Thats not what I meant, I want Legion to be good. But his potential seems to be overwhelming for survivors. I'm not sure how i feel about him, I'd like him to be viable/good but I'm not sure how to feel about this situation
    How about we wait for the buff?
    It's not like they can't reverse changes. 
    Yeah, yeah your right. I'll just see what happens and watch how it plays out!!! I'm sure people will grow accustomed to the buffs and the Legions playstyle and Legion themselves will be good either way!!! Sounds pretty good!!! :)
  • @Gardenia said:
    Franks mixtape buff is needed.

    ######### what

  • I'm not so sure about the Frank's Mixtape buFF because you will end up going down quite quickly every time. I used it a lot, thanks to the event, and there is just nothing they can do and the first hit/s with Legion are essentially free. So as soon as you;re spotted you're #########.

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:
    We might have to nerf them in some other aspects. I just want this buff to be taken cautiously. I know the devs are going to buff him but I'm worried that they're going to make Legion the most hated killer in Dbd. More than the nurse herself. So please, devs, take this buff accordingly. They need buffs and the Frank's mixtape by default sounds cool but you're going to have to nerf them in another aspect to balance it out. I dont want this killer to be useless, I want them to be viable. But that doesn't mean i want them to be OP either. So please devs, keep an eye on them please, they're going to be a nightmare to balance out 

    So, what do you propose?

  • Master said:

    @PhantomMask20763 said:
    We might have to nerf them in some other aspects. I just want this buff to be taken cautiously. I know the devs are going to buff him but I'm worried that they're going to make Legion the most hated killer in Dbd. More than the nurse herself. So please, devs, take this buff accordingly. They need buffs and the Frank's mixtape by default sounds cool but you're going to have to nerf them in another aspect to balance it out. I dont want this killer to be useless, I want them to be viable. But that doesn't mean i want them to be OP either. So please devs, keep an eye on them please, they're going to be a nightmare to balance out 

    So, what do you propose?

    Like I said before, I'm not sure what to do to them. All I can do right now is watch what the devs do to them. Although I think some extra speed/duration in feral frenzy is definently needed, a shorter cooldown for the power would be nice as well. But the Frank's mixtape buff just seems like a bad way to buff them imo. Deep wounds is supposed to be a time waster similar to the pigs rbt. Sure it can down survivors, but its main purpose seems to be to waste time. So I'd also propose either longer mending time to deep wounds to truly make it a time waster or a shorter deep wounds timer to make it a threat. 115% movement speed would also be nice but I dont know if that's the way we should go either. Honestly, I'm just going to watch how the devs change them, I'm sure they have something good in mind
  • He doesn't need a buff. 
  • @NoxiousOnnyyxx said:
    He doesn't need a buff. 

    You're right, he needs a rework.

  • I know they've talked about buffing him as well as fixing the chase mechanic that people exploit. I'm not sure if this alone will fix him or if they're going to do any more to make Legion more fun- to play as or play against -but I'm all for letting the changes go live. Hell, they surprised me with the heal changes.

    The only concern I have is that if Legion changes go live and the guaranteed down is still in effect... somehow, what will this say about future design choices? I'm thinking about perks with similar power to DS. Can we expect more of that, and really, can we complain about it, if this is just a casual game?

  • If they want Frank's mixtape as default they gotta nerf the legion really hard on some other aspects.
    Imo Frank's mixtape shouldn't be part of the base kit. Why? Because there's no counterplay against that since legion can vault pallets/windows (aka "safe" survivor zones), the only "counterplay" i can think of are 360s.
    So if devs want to buff the legion it shouldn't be by giving them FM.
  • @Tsulan said:
    So you are scared that buffing the weakest killer would turn him into a top tier killer?
    Better keep him in a vegetative state for over a year like Freddy...

    I think he's referring to the fact that they have absolutely no counterplay and can just follow the blood and get ez downs. It'll need to be adressed, because even with a built in Frank's mixtape, it'll still get abused.

  • Poweas said:

    @Tsulan said:
    So you are scared that buffing the weakest killer would turn him into a top tier killer?
    Better keep him in a vegetative state for over a year like Freddy...

    I think he's referring to the fact that they have absolutely no counterplay and can just follow the blood and get ez downs. It'll need to be adressed, because even with a built in Frank's mixtape, it'll still get abused.

    Other killers do exactly the same. Follow the blood. 
  • @Vietfox said:
    If they want Frank's mixtape as default they gotta nerf the legion really hard on some other aspects.
    Imo Frank's mixtape shouldn't be part of the base kit. Why? Because there's no counterplay against that since legion can vault pallets/windows (aka "safe" survivor zones), the only "counterplay" i can think of are 360s.
    So if devs want to buff the legion it shouldn't be by giving them FM.

    I don't know about nerfing him hard because that's exactly what they did to Freddy. I'm not one of those guys that say Freddy didn't need to be nerfed because let's get this straight. He did, but they nerfed him TOO hard and I think that's what they mean when they say they don't want to change him too much too soon. Legion needs to be fixed and I wouldn't mind the V2 coming out and an additional V3 if they need to. I hope they do it soon because right now he's not in a good spot.

  • Mc_Harty said:

    @NoxiousOnnyyxx said:
    He doesn't need a buff. 

    You're right, he needs a rework.


    He slows down the game enough. Although, majority of you killer mains just want a buff just 1 second after you've played the newest killer. 

    He doesn't even need that. 
  • @NoxiousOnnyyxx said:
    He slows down the game enough. Although, majority of you killer mains just want a buff just 1 second after you've played the newest killer. 

    He doesn't even need that. 

    He does need that because he's completely broken design wise.

    He doesn't slow the game down, he speeds it up since healing is pointless against him. Sure, you can argue that mending is a decent stall mechanic, but it not only hinders his power, it makes him have a one-dimensional counter (rush generators) and ineffective at what he's supposed to excel at (hit and run).

    Though what do I expect from somebody that throws main around like it's a credible argument.

  • They already are the most annoying killer in DBD. I need to rationalise with myself to not just kill myself on hook whenever I go against them.

  • Tsulan said:
    So you are scared that buffing the weakest killer would turn him into a top tier killer?
    Better keep him in a vegetative state for over a year like Freddy...
    He isn't the weakest. If he chases you down, you're going down. There's little you can do. He's pretty good at one on one. He's actually a lot better than Freddy as he can counter loops and his ability slows down the survivors AND showed where they are. I don't know why so many think he's awful. Sure, he needs a buff,  but if did incorrectly, he's gonna be a braindead nurse. 
  • Tsulan said:
    So you are scared that buffing the weakest killer would turn him into a top tier killer?
    Better keep him in a vegetative state for over a year like Freddy...
    He isn't the weakest. If he chases you down, you're going down. There's little you can do. He's pretty good at one on one. He's actually a lot better than Freddy as he can counter loops and his ability slows down the survivors AND showed where they are. I don't know why so many think he's awful. Sure, he needs a buff,  but if did incorrectly, he's gonna be a braindead nurse. 
    That's exactly what I mean, he has little counter play and he needs buffs but if we buff him too much he'll be way too OP and essentially making him pay 2 win. I want him to be good not OP 
  • Mc_Harty said: ko

    @NoxiousOnnyyxx said:
    He slows down the game enough. Although, majority of you killer mains just want a buff just 1 second after you've played the newest killer. 

    He doesn't even need that. 

    He does need that because he's completely broken design wise.

    He doesn't slow the game down, he speeds it up since healing is pointless against him. Sure, you can argue that mending is a decent stall mechanic, but it not only hinders his power, it makes him have a one-dimensional counter (rush generators) and ineffective at what he's supposed to excel at (hit and run).

    Though what do I expect from somebody that throws main around like it's a credible argument.


    He doesn't need a buff. 

    I only said it once maybe you should learn to read. But then again I can't expect too much from someone who needs a rework on a killer who literally just came out a few weeks ago....

  • He doesn't need a buff. 

    I only said it once maybe you should learn to read. But then again I can't expect too much from someone who needs a rework on a killer who literally just came out a few weeks ago....
    States I need to learn to read but keeps acting like I want Legion buffed.

    Who cares how long it's been since he's come out, he still needs a ######### rework.
  • LegionNoxiousOnnyyxx said:
    Mc_Harty said: ko

    @NoxiousOnnyyxx said:
    He slows down the game enough. Although, majority of you killer mains just want a buff just 1 second after you've played the newest killer. 

    He doesn't even need that. 

    He does need that because he's completely broken design wise.

    He doesn't slow the game down, he speeds it up since healing is pointless against him. Sure, you can argue that mending is a decent stall mechanic, but it not only hinders his power, it makes him have a one-dimensional counter (rush generators) and ineffective at what he's supposed to excel at (hit and run).

    Though what do I expect from somebody that throws main around like it's a credible argument.


    He doesn't need a buff. 

    I only said it once maybe you should learn to read. But then again I can't expect too much from someone who needs a rework on a killer who literally just came out a few weeks ago....
    A few weeks ago ? you mean a month and a half ago , players like yourself love playing against weak killers because you know you can gen rush them.
  • I like to play against Legion, I always get a bunch of BP when playing against him/her due the huge amount of healings.

  • Mc_Harty said:

    He doesn't need a buff. 

    I only said it once maybe you should learn to read. But then again I can't expect too much from someone who needs a rework on a killer who literally just came out a few weeks ago....
    States I need to learn to read but keeps acting like I want Legion buffed.

    Who cares how long it's been since he's come out, he still needs a [BAD WORD] rework.

    Dude you just ain't worth it. It's like talking to a wall with you.