Getting to test out new killers before buying them would be good and I wouldn’t complain about a way to do that, but Splinters were honestly pretty terrible.
You had no perks or add ons on a killer you’ve never played before so unless you were playing against babies you would most certainly get destroyed and that would kind of out you off wanting to get the killer.
The main problem though with Splinters was that hackers could activate them and control who the killer plays.
Nah, with the level of content cover DBD gets you don't need a try before you buy mechanic. You literally have 1000s of hours of footage of what ever you're looking at.
Getting to test out new killers before buying them would be good and I wouldn’t complain about a way to do that, but Splinters were honestly pretty terrible.
You had no perks or add ons on a killer you’ve never played before so unless you were playing against babies you would most certainly get destroyed and that would kind of out you off wanting to get the killer.
The main problem though with Splinters was that hackers could activate them and control who the killer plays.
Honestly you have to admit the idea of getting Freddy or Bubba splinter'd by a hacker and being forced to play the game perkless with two of the weaker killers in the game back then is pretty hilarious.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No, Splinters were incredibly buggy and often didnt work properly.
Even though I wish all content was obtainable for free, I dont see BHVR doing something like that ever again.
I think the game is too popular now for that to happen again
Getting to test out new killers before buying them would be good and I wouldn’t complain about a way to do that, but Splinters were honestly pretty terrible.
You had no perks or add ons on a killer you’ve never played before so unless you were playing against babies you would most certainly get destroyed and that would kind of out you off wanting to get the killer.
The main problem though with Splinters was that hackers could activate them and control who the killer plays.
Ah, Splinters...
My very first prestige cost me my last Splinter and I'll never forget that.
I miss you, random Glass Splinter from Freddy's bloodweb.
who knows maybe chapter 35 will be free
After all the 5th chapter was a free one
Nah, with the level of content cover DBD gets you don't need a try before you buy mechanic. You literally have 1000s of hours of footage of what ever you're looking at.
Honestly you have to admit the idea of getting Freddy or Bubba splinter'd by a hacker and being forced to play the game perkless with two of the weaker killers in the game back then is pretty hilarious.