Do you have a feeling that playing as survivor feels way too safe?
My experience in solo and SWF is different of course but I always feel the same; I always feel safe. Too safe even. Why do I feel this way? I feel this way because whenever I play solo and someone else other than me is being chased, I know immediately I can repair the generator without a second thought. SWF communicate me at all times, telling me what the killer is doing.
It's also the same reason why Furtive Chase got reworked to what it is now.
Each time you hook your Obsession, you gain 1 Token, up to a maximum of 2/3/4 Tokens:
- Reduces your Terror Radius while chasing a Survivor by -4 metres per Token.
It never had real use because you would know someone is being chased. Why would you care about its music? Once the chase icon is gone, you're then being told that you need to be aware of your surroundings and that the killer might come, or, if you're in SWF, they will tell you what direction the killer is going to.
I think with this simple fact, Dead by Daylight becomes dull quite fast as I don't feel threatened by the killer. It's that comfort that kills my feelings for this game.
Comments
even against scratch mirror myers survivors are always on their toes, until a chase starts. it is what it is, they can't take away hud indicator for chases.
4 vs 1 Of Course
Play as killer you working alone, you need to do all thing yourself.
Survivors are feeling safe only when killer can't finish chases fast enough.
no in general, even when killer is good at 1vs1, repair gens feels very safe. i think only type of killers that can put you on edge in solo are stealth killers because in solo, there is no communication to say which direction the killer is going, so there is tiny little bit of guess-work.
In swf, stealth killers are same as regular killers with normal tr because you can communicate what killer is doing. in that sense, there is no such thing as stealth vs swf. I think that what @ShowNoMercy is talking about. there is lack of ... unpredictability?
I think he is trying to say that stealth perks are not very good because the player can play passively whenever a chase is dropped by the killer(via swf saying which direction killer is going) or HUD which just says chase ended(worse info then swf). By extension, this also means that stealth killer are not that good if the team properly attempts to counter stealth.
I do. Mostly. But that might also be because I absolutely couldn't care less, if I die. I don't throw the game or anything but when I die, too bad, the match is over and I go next. As a killer losing is a bit more lengthy than that.
it never safe in solo q.
I never feel safe as survivor (always soloq), feel relaxed as killer even in games when I lose.
This topic comes up pretty frequently, everyone is different on which role feels the most engaging/intense.
We feel that the HUD and base kit borow time have made the gameplay more comfortable and safe.However, the monotonous and boring game development has increased as well.
When you know 3 other team mates will butt-block killer for you - yes. When you see 3 other team mates running to a hook and pointing at it in the face of the killer - not so much.
As long as youre not in a chase you were always feeling safe as you can look around you at a gen. Nothing changed.