Killers, did you make it to rank 1 by facecamping?

Honestly, all my games are versus rank 1/rank 2 killers. 3 out of 4, facecamp. Let alone tunnel and don’t forget lag switch (it’s usually Bubbas tho).

If a killer acknowledges that you are “good”, only because you had him chase you for over 30 seconds, they will facecamp.
if they hook you and there are 2 gens left, facecamp.
if you are wearing pretty cash shop clothes, facecamp.

Like really, I don’t care if I get hooked, but blocking the game/rescue from progressing seems like a coward way of trying to scratch a few bloodpoints.

Comments

  • Nope, never facecamp unless all gens are done and the gates are open. Otherwise I've made it to rank 1 by just playing normally. 
  • When i started playing i used to facecamp a lot, but i never got past rank 10 because the i would get entity displeased

  • There's a reason why the green into purple ranks is full of face campers because that's about as high as they're generally able to get.
  • No, and if you need to facecamp just to get to rank 1 you're bad given how easy it is to rank up over time. I can understand camping once the gates are powered or it's someone toxic ie sandbagging their teammates.

  • It gets frustrating, tbh. If facecamping is the only way you can get a kill, then go back to playing Fortnite (?
  • As a survivor who gets to higher ranks a lot, you don't see it that much at all. There's a lot of challenging and fun matches against really good killers, though.
  • No, because I got rank 1 before Emblems, and survivors have received massive nerfs overall since then, on top of the pre-Emblem system explicitly requiring sacrifices. (I had 2 matches during my climb with 2 sacrifices, but only safety pipped, though.)

    If you plan to effectively 3-4K, you can't waste so much time on a single survivor. Sometimes just hitting one person and letting them go is good enough.

    I decided to grind rank 1 on Pig, because her map control potential is legendary (but you also have to be a good survivor and understand map flow for herding people where you want them). Red Forest is one of my better maps as a killer. If I'm in one corner, down and trap a survivor, and I know there's no one else nearby, I'll move to another quadrant to hook them. Based on jigsaw boxes, previous traps, and previous movements, I can narrow my next target to another quadrant, and further narrow it down to even the very generator they're on based on which ones I know were done last or had no progress.

    So, you can glean all of the necessary information to go hunting for more survivors without BBQ&Crutch in most situations. Pig is especially good at this, but you can apply it to any killer with decent mobility or proxy pressure. Hag works similarly, since her traps restrict the movement field and reduces the total travel area, thereby slowing travel for survivors without restricting you.

    TL;DR: Bad killers camp, but good killers hunt.

  • Nope, i don't camp. It's boring, scummy and you get less bloodpoints.
  • I don't think you can get to rank 1 by facecamping. Most of us do need a lot of strong addons however, and we have to play tryhard mode (which is the only mode worth playing in my opinion).
    It's entirely possible though that many high rank killers, once they got to r1 don't care about pips so much anymore, and especially after a number of frustrating defeats, decide to make at least one survivor's life miserable. I know I have wanted to do that, only I just can't stay put for long enough to max out my Facecamper emblem. It's just too boring.
  • That’s my main concern as a survivor main who plays killer more than casually. Camping is boring. But I can understand the inner struggle between having fun and progressing thru the bloodweb. I would and do actually prefer the former. Give or take, even if I don’t kill many, I gather more points as a killer than I do as a survivor.
  • that bubba racism...
    damn you rly dont like em, do you?
    they just want to be loved!

    also: no i dont facecamp.
    unless there are certain cenarios, like you being hooked right next to an exit gate, scratchmarks around your hook (or any other notification that there is a survivor around, e.g. no one seen with BBQ), you being a very toxic / annoying player or its just me meming (<-- happens rarely though).

  • Mister_xD said:

    that bubba racism...
    damn you rly dont like em, do you?
    they just want to be loved!

    also: no i dont facecamp.
    unless there are certain cenarios, like you being hooked right next to an exit gate, scratchmarks around your hook (or any other notification that there is a survivor around, e.g. no one seen with BBQ), you being a very toxic / annoying player or its just me meming (<-- happens rarely though).

    @Mister_xD
    Not bubba racism. LF with speed addons is WAY more fun than insidious LF.
  • @Vietfox said:

    @Mister_xD
    Not bubba racism. LF with speed addons is WAY more fun than insidious LF.

    Those are the most scary ones and throw in killers that know how to play him well and it's usually a 4k game.

  • @Mister_xD said:
    that bubba racism...
    damn you rly dont like em, do you?
    they just want to be loved!

    also: no i dont facecamp.
    unless there are certain cenarios, like you being hooked right next to an exit gate, scratchmarks around your hook (or any other notification that there is a survivor around, e.g. no one seen with BBQ), you being a very toxic / annoying player or its just me meming (<-- happens rarely though).

    I am a Bubba racist because if I meet a camper, it's 95% Bubba :D.
    But on the other aide the sounds he makes while chainsawing are so funny, I mean that euhleueueu :D.

  • Most campers I meet are bubbas too... and there is this Freddy, lol... I swear he dcs every game until he sees me joining his lobby to torture me, he wants no one but me and I’m like the least toxic person ever, I simply find the way to do stuff within the game that won’t benefit the killer and some get butthurt
  • @Gorgonia said:
    Honestly, all my games are versus rank 1/rank 2 killers. 3 out of 4, facecamp. Let alone tunnel and don’t forget lag switch (it’s usually Bubbas tho).

    If a killer acknowledges that you are “good”, only because you had him chase you for over 30 seconds, they will facecamp.
    if they hook you and there are 2 gens left, facecamp.
    if you are wearing pretty cash shop clothes, facecamp.

    Like really, I don’t care if I get hooked, but blocking the game/rescue from progressing seems like a coward way of trying to scratch a few bloodpoints.

    As long as survivor throw themselves at the hook...... :wink:

  • Judging by the way the original post simultaneously mentions facecamping and tunneling even though those 2 don't go together, I'm rather confident this is the kind of player who complains when they get camped after all the generators are done and the killer isn't a complete idiot. If they got facecamped, they didn't get tunneled. If they got both tunneled and facecamped, it means the killer was tunneling during the generator portion of the game, but camping during the end game.

    And to answer your question, Yes, the vast majority of high rank survivors will camp any hooked survivor once the generators are finished. Try actually playing killer to figure out why.

  • @Luc_ius said:

    @Mister_xD said:
    that bubba racism...
    damn you rly dont like em, do you?
    they just want to be loved!

    also: no i dont facecamp.
    unless there are certain cenarios, like you being hooked right next to an exit gate, scratchmarks around your hook (or any other notification that there is a survivor around, e.g. no one seen with BBQ), you being a very toxic / annoying player or its just me meming (<-- happens rarely though).

    I am a Bubba racist because if I meet a camper, it's 95% Bubba :D.
    But on the other aide the sounds he makes while chainsawing are so funny, I mean that euhleueueu :D.

    i just love it how you reproduced bubbas noises xDDD

  • When I transitioned over to PC, I immediately starting learning Nurse.

    Even tho it took some time, I made it to rank 1 with Nurse. Good times.

  • i only camp when the last gen is done and i dont have two kills. im not even rank 1 and i never have been. my highest killer rank was 9. the reason i dont aim to go higher is i cant be bothered.

  • Dehitay said:

    Judging by the way the original post simultaneously mentions facecamping and tunneling even though those 2 don't go together, I'm rather confident this is the kind of player who complains when they get camped after all the generators are done and the killer isn't a complete idiot. If they got facecamped, they didn't get tunneled. If they got both tunneled and facecamped, it means the killer was tunneling during the generator portion of the game, but camping during the end game.

    And to answer your question, Yes, the vast majority of high rank survivors will camp any hooked survivor once the generators are finished. Try actually playing killer to figure out why.

    I mentioned tunneling and lag switching as other “techniques” the killers use to get points. Not that they all happened at the same time nor at the same trial.

    And no, I’m talking about killers that camp the first hook and I took a screenshot of a game I just played where this happened but too lazy to upload now. Will do later.

    And I do play killer and I understand this is a game. Getting kills in every trial won’t enlarge my penis nor improve my resumè. So if they escape, that’s alright.
  • i only camp when the last gen is done and i dont have two kills. im not even rank 1 and i never have been. my highest killer rank was 9. the reason i dont aim to go higher is i cant be bothered.

    Same happens to me. I can’t be bothered. I play survivor more and I tend to do alright on most categories so I rank up faster as a consequence, but ranking as it is now isn’t something I care about.

    I don’t remember how points are distributed for killer but, how many kills would you need not to de-pip and how beneficial is it to camp a survivor versus doing something else while they are hooked?
  • If somebody makes it to rank 1 by employing constant face camping, I'd be impressed. Because they'd have to be amazing at everything else to not have everyone but 1 or 2 survivors get out and not get entity displeased from doing so little that resulted in points. I sit pretty comfortably at rank one and will only camp in a gates open situation, and even then it depends on the situation.

  • I don’t see many facecampers at Rank 1. It is mainly in the green and below ranks. I’ve run into a few but mainly they are killers who patrol the area and proxy-camp and tunnel you to death. Only time I see true facecamping is when the exit gates are powered.

  • I've gotten to Rank 1 solely by Facecamping with Leatherface before.

    Never even ran Insidious.

  • Gorgonia said:
    Honestly, all my games are versus rank 1/rank 2 killers. 3 out of 4, facecamp. Let alone tunnel and don’t forget lag switch (it’s usually Bubbas tho).

    If a killer acknowledges that you are “good”, only because you had him chase you for over 30 seconds, they will facecamp.
    if they hook you and there are 2 gens left, facecamp.
    if you are wearing pretty cash shop clothes, facecamp.

    Like really, I don’t care if I get hooked, but blocking the game/rescue from progressing seems like a coward way of trying to scratch a few bloodpoints.
    Nope, I thank my Ruin, and BBQ and Chillie on Billy for my rank 1 torture.
  • Rank 1 facecampers are hilarious had a myers with infinte tier 3 facecamp and slap my sweet booty whilst one gen was still left he didnt like me looping his tier 3 ass for 3 gens. A brave nea traded places with me sacrifice herself to switch places with me. Myers was not happy and he was dead set on killing me alone.
  • I've 4k'd six games in a row while memeing as Insidiousface.
  • I patrol when I feel that someone is near by but I facecamp when I catch a survivor after a long chase. If I get flashlighted, definitely facecamping them. Especially the clicky Dwight.
  • Can you get rank 1 by facecamping?

    Depends on how stupid the survivors are, no im not joking.

    If the survivors are stupid enough to try and unhook under a leatherface chainsaw they deserve to lose their ranks.

    Yea 1 survivor has to lose in this scenario but the killer cannot sustain rank with 1 chase and 1 facecamped kill.

    Rush gens and GTFO.