Buckle up for the tunnel!

If there's a duo running Buckle Up + For The People, they have no valid reason for whining about killers tunneling. I went up against it for the first time and this is disgustingly overpowered. Luckily I was playing Pyramid Head so I didn't have too much trouble, especially since they were so bad they relied on it.


I was also lucky enough that the other two survivors caught on and didn't take hits to delay the duos inevitable sacrifice. I let them out because I'm not going to punish others for something others do, which I know a lot of killers do. I got name-called for that by the duo, saying I was simping and whatever. It's such a stupidly overpowered combo that it takes me back to prime Dead Hard days. Other survivors shouldn't have to suffer for others abusing this combo. Fix this BHVR. Please.

Comments

  • @ratcoffee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3607657#Comment_3607657

    A - "if you dare to use this perk combo on me I'll tunnel you out of the game because I think you'd dislike that"

    B - "actually i'd quite enjoy it maybe I should do it so you do the thing I'd enjoy"

    A - "noo how dare you do something I dislike"

    really makes you 🤔

    No, it doesn't. The perks are overpowered (as mentioned by everyone here) and if I don't tunnel, I'm only going to suffer more. It's a lose lose situation for me. I don't like tunneling, but here I'm forced to if I want to enjoy the game. You don't need to run those two perks to enjoy the game neither. I'm not the only one that dislikes this so remove the 'I' and replace it with 'we'. You still haven't provided any justification for it by the way, but keep pointing out that people dislike it because that's very productive.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3607669#Comment_3607669

    All of this is true for pallet saves/flashlights.

    If you cannot use your headphones/headset to hear survivors nearby or turn to face against a wall, that's all on you.

    This doesn't make sense. An organized team can go down on a pallet or in the open. The pallet / flashlight survivor has to be just as near to the chased target as buckle up + ftp. If you replace buckle up + ftp with background player, they don't even have to be in the vicinity. On top of that, the pallet /flashlight saver doesn't have to waste a health state to pull off the rescue and can do it again really soon as there's no cooldown.

    Basically: if you can spot the person going for the pallet or flashlight save, you should be able to do the same thing for someone using buckle up + ftp.

    Realistically, the only advantage buckle up + ftp have over other save methods is that you don't have to be in communication to use it. It's actually somewhat usable as a soloq because you don't have to rely on the other survivor to play in certain way.

    Fake the pickup then. Do it twice to make sure. if they have Background Player then don't risk it at a pallet and maintain pressure via slugging if necessary. Background Player isn't even complained about. If they go down out in the open and you can't see other survivors out in the open, that's all on you.


    In case you forgot, Buckle Up + For The People gives endurance to BOTH survivors and half of your chase is reset when you could have gotten a hook state. Since it's commonly used in SWFs, the survivors won't go down in silly areas where you can spot the other survivor and injure them before the perk can be used.

  • @mikewelk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3607774#Comment_3607774

    No, it doesn't. The perks are overpowered (as mentioned by everyone here) and if I don't tunnel, I'm only going to suffer more. It's a lose lose situation for me. I don't like tunneling, but here I'm forced to if I want to enjoy the game. You don't need to run those two perks to enjoy the game neither. I'm not the only one that dislikes this so remove the 'I' and replace it with 'we'. You still haven't provided any justification for it by the way, but keep pointing out that people dislike it because that's very productive.

    I haven't provided any justification for it because, for the second time, I agree with you that the combo is overpowered, I just disagree with you on the degree to which it is overpowered and I disagree with many of the assertions you have made in describing why it is overpowered.

  • @mikewelk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3607768#Comment_3607768

    Fake the pickup then. Do it twice to make sure. if they have Background Player then don't risk it at a pallet and maintain pressure via slugging if necessary. Background Player isn't even complained about. If they go down out in the open and you can't see other survivors out in the open, that's all on you.

    In case you forgot, Buckle Up + For The People gives endurance to BOTH survivors and half of your chase is reset when you could have gotten a hook state. Since it's commonly used in SWFs, the survivors won't go down in silly areas where you can spot the other survivor and injure them before the perk can be used.

    Fake the pickup then. Do it twice to make sure.

    How long does it take to fake the pickup? Check the area, make sure there is not anyone around, etc?

    That's pretty much the same time you'd spend just following after the survivor who got picked up by buckle up + ftp with the added bonus that you now have an injured survivor out there and you know from this point on that if the survivor is injured their ability is of no danger.

    You have three viable counters to buckle up + ftp. Catch the chasing survivor, again if you don't think pallet saves or flashlights are an issue this is just as easy if not easier because they have to be closer. Hit the survivor and chase the other - its prolonged the chase, but the survivor who used it now has to waste time mending and won't have time to heal for quite some time. Or start counting in your head and chase the survivor who got picked up.

    I'm not a killer main but I've hit multiple survivor teams running this (I'm stunned you're this deep into the argument and it was your first time hitting it). Generally I'm thrilled to encounter it, like any perk it can be used at certain points to be powerful (which is the point of perks), but I see lots of survivors throw away health states. I would gladly hit this over a flashlight team or a squad using power struggle and pallet saves.

  • @mikewelk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3607027#Comment_3607027

    "There's the argument that two people will be off generators as the perks require it. That could be the case sometimes, but people seem to forget about communication. It's very easy to predict when you'll go down to killers based on their skill and distance. Three people can work on generators, one person will just have to be near the chase doing a generator. This isn't difficult to achieve if someone's looping at shack and you're doing a generator nearby. As long as you're in the area and ready for the call, you have a opportunity to use it. Obviously that can't always be the case for zoning killers, but it's definitely possible. Two people on generators constantly is also more than enough to win games. [...] There's the argument about injuring the person following the chase. This is more easily said than done. With communication, it is very easy to get knocked in a designated area where a teammate is hiding. They don't always follow the chase, the other survivor brings the chase to them. If they do follow very blatantly, taking a hit means you lose all your progress on the injured survivor in exchange for a injure on a different survivor that will waste a mere 16 seconds of their time getting healed, ready to do it again." - my new discussion.

    The power of communication answers that one.

    Communication only make the time Meg has to find Clau alot less. Communication does NOT make Meg teleport right next to Clau to get healed for 16sec, then teleport right after you chasing Dwight ready for the next FTP. That you were trying to point out that 16 seconds does not equate to how long the extended chase will now last. Simply holding W will give you that much time.

    Communication reduces the time being wasted, not the time being required.

  • For the People shouldn't work with Buckle Up because it's not counting as heal.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3607656#Comment_3607656

    Communication only make the time Meg has to find Clau alot less. Communication does NOT make Meg teleport right next to Clau to get healed for 16sec, then teleport right after you chasing Dwight ready for the next FTP. That you were trying to point out that 16 seconds does not equate to how long the extended chase will now last. Simply holding W will give you that much time.

    Communication reduces the time being wasted, not the time being required.

    I've mentioned, multiple times, that it wasn't 16 seconds and was just an underexaggeration to prove a different point. You keep pointing it out as a justification for the perk synergy as if I didn't joke about it being so short of a time to reset. As I mentioned, they could just hide in the area and tell the other survivor to get knocked intentionally in a certain area. Teleporting shouldn't even be mentioned here. You're just deflecting.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3607790#Comment_3607790

    Fake the pickup then. Do it twice to make sure.

    How long does it take to fake the pickup? Check the area, make sure there is not anyone around, etc?

    That's pretty much the same time you'd spend just following after the survivor who got picked up by buckle up + ftp with the added bonus that you now have an injured survivor out there and you know from this point on that if the survivor is injured their ability is of no danger.

    You have three viable counters to buckle up + ftp. Catch the chasing survivor, again if you don't think pallet saves or flashlights are an issue this is just as easy if not easier because they have to be closer. Hit the survivor and chase the other - its prolonged the chase, but the survivor who used it now has to waste time mending and won't have time to heal for quite some time. Or start counting in your head and chase the survivor who got picked up.

    I'm not a killer main but I've hit multiple survivor teams running this (I'm stunned you're this deep into the argument and it was your first time hitting it). Generally I'm thrilled to encounter it, like any perk it can be used at certain points to be powerful (which is the point of perks), but I see lots of survivors throw away health states. I would gladly hit this over a flashlight team or a squad using power struggle and pallet saves.

    It takes roughly five seconds. It takes a camera spin to check the area before hand in order to not allow extra time for survivors to actually get there. Any other killer can manage, why can't you? Arguing about pallet saves being so popular when they aren't isn't productive either. I haven't been pallet saved on for a very long time. Flashlight saves are nonexistent when you just face a wall or predict where they might be hiding by relating your survivor experiences.


    If you're thrilled to encounter that, your MMR must be pretty bad. Extending chase in high MMR is a death sentence for killers. Being denied a hook state in exchange for a injured survivor you cannot down for ten seconds, under any circumstance, isn't fair either. Flashlight squads are so altruistic that four people slugged is usually the result. I'd take those games any day. If you're getting affected by power struggle, don't go through a pallet whilst carrying a survivor to a hook. Simple as that. If it's not the MMR, the people you faced are 100% solo queue with no coordination.


    Waste time mending? Let's not exaggerate how long it takes. Counting down from ten won't do you any good as it's very easy to get to a loop in ten seconds.

  • @mikewelk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3607826#Comment_3607826

    It takes roughly five seconds. It takes a camera spin to check the area before hand in order to not allow extra time for survivors to actually get there. Any other killer can manage, why can't you? Arguing about pallet saves being so popular when they aren't isn't productive either. I haven't been pallet saved on for a very long time. Flashlight saves are nonexistent when you just face a wall or predict where they might be hiding by relating your survivor experiences.

    If you're thrilled to encounter that, your MMR must be pretty bad. Extending chase in high MMR is a death sentence for killers. Being denied a hook state in exchange for a injured survivor you cannot down for ten seconds, under any circumstance, isn't fair either. Flashlight squads are so altruistic that four people slugged is usually the result. I'd take those games any day. If you're getting affected by power struggle, don't go through a pallet whilst carrying a survivor to a hook. Simple as that. If it's not the MMR, the people you faced are 100% solo queue with no coordination.

    Waste time mending? Let's not exaggerate how long it takes. Counting down from ten won't do you any good as it's very easy to get to a loop in ten seconds.

    If you're getting affected by power struggle, don't go through a pallet whilst carrying a survivor to a hook

    You don't seem to understand how organized teams use power struggle. Survivor goes down on pallet while another survivor makes themselves visible nearby. Pick up, get pallet stunned. Chase, you now can't pick up the survivor. The downed survivor will likely have unbreakable to pick themselves up or a teammate ready to come in.

    If you're thrilled to encounter that, your MMR must be pretty bad.

    Okay, let's play this game if you want.

    I've hit multiple squads running buckle up + ftp and I don't have nearly as many hours as many people on this forum. By your admission, it was the first time you hit it, that's leaves two distinct possibilities.

    The combo is something run at high MMRs, meaning I must have higher MMR than you.

    I'm low MMR and you are high, meaning that its only really low MMR teams that run this combo, undercutting your argument that it is somehow a strong match.

    I don't think MMR is relevant to such discussions, but you seem to.

    Here's the things I'd much more worry about than a buckle up + ftp combo:

    Gen rush

    Power struggle mentioned above

    Boil over + sabo + map (i.e. springwood).

    A squad that knows when to body block to extend chases + syringes

    It takes roughly five seconds. It takes a camera spin to check the area before hand in order to not allow extra time for survivors to actually get there. 

    Do the survivors you get matched against not know how to crouch behind objects?

    predict where they might be hiding by relating your survivor experiences.

    Why can't you do the same for Buckle Up + FTP?

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3608149#Comment_3608149

    If you're getting affected by power struggle, don't go through a pallet whilst carrying a survivor to a hook

    You don't seem to understand how organized teams use power struggle. Survivor goes down on pallet while another survivor makes themselves visible nearby. Pick up, get pallet stunned. Chase, you now can't pick up the survivor. The downed survivor will likely have unbreakable to pick themselves up or a teammate ready to come in.

    If you're thrilled to encounter that, your MMR must be pretty bad.

    Okay, let's play this game if you want.

    I've hit multiple squads running buckle up + ftp and I don't have nearly as many hours as many people on this forum. By your admission, it was the first time you hit it, that's leaves two distinct possibilities.

    The combo is something run at high MMRs, meaning I must have higher MMR than you.

    I'm low MMR and you are high, meaning that its only really low MMR teams that run this combo, undercutting your argument that it is somehow a strong match.

    I don't think MMR is relevant to such discussions, but you seem to.

    Here's the things I'd much more worry about than a buckle up + ftp combo:

    Gen rush

    Power struggle mentioned above

    Boil over + sabo + map (i.e. springwood).

    A squad that knows when to body block to extend chases + syringes

    It takes roughly five seconds. It takes a camera spin to check the area before hand in order to not allow extra time for survivors to actually get there. 

    Do the survivors you get matched against not know how to crouch behind objects?

    predict where they might be hiding by relating your survivor experiences.

    Why can't you do the same for Buckle Up + FTP?

    It's over now. I can't be asked reading that.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3606709#Comment_3606709

    Assume you're chasing Dwight and Meg follow.

    • Dont you count the time Meg follow behind you waiting for Dwight to down?
    • Dont you count the time Meg gets 60sec of Broken from FTP?
    • Dont you count the time Meg runs around finding Clau or Jake to heal?
    • Dont you count the time Meg gets healed by Clau or Jake?
    • Dont you count the time Clau or Jake spending time to heal Meg?
    • Dont you count the time Meg running around looking for Dwight again?

    Or you think right after Meg pick Dwight up with FTP, Meg stands right under your feet healing with a Medkit that you count 16sec?

    Or you think Meg Syringe to get healed up then doing Gen and following Dwight at the same time?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5LOCBYM4E10D/image.png

    So where did you get that 16 number?

    I actually saw a YouTube vid yesterday that made me think of this post.

    https://youtu.be/vIrnB4c20oE?si=u6Rbg49MSecBSfy5

    At 1 minute into the vid, you see 2 survivors cranking out with 1 of em being injured against a Wraith. This would NORMALLY be a risky play, but FTP BU removed the risk. This didn't require wasted time on either survivors part.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3607027#Comment_3607027

    I actually saw a YouTube vid yesterday that made me think of this post.

    https://youtu.be/vIrnB4c20oE?si=u6Rbg49MSecBSfy5

    At 1 minute into the vid, you see 2 survivors cranking out with 1 of em being injured against a Wraith. This would NORMALLY be a risky play, but FTP BU removed the risk. This didn't require wasted time on either survivors part.

    what a video, showcases the biggest issues dbd currently has: ftp buckle up, bt body blocking with following ds (and this **** is getting buffed), spammability of boons and yes, tunnelling but it's justified after all this bs. if there was a map offering it would be perfect.

    and the ftp plays offered so much counterplay here 🤡 definitely interactable, fun and balanced.

  • @NerfDHalready said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3608928#Comment_3608928

    what a video, showcases the biggest issues dbd currently has: ftp buckle up, bt body blocking with following ds (and this **** is getting buffed), spammability of boons and yes, tunnelling but it's justified after all this bs. if there was a map offering it would be perfect.

    and the ftp plays offered so much counterplay here 🤡 definitely interactable, fun and balanced.

    I thought it ironic that they were complaining about a survivor getting hooked back to back while they were denying OTHER hooks.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609006#Comment_3609006

    I thought it ironic that they were complaining about a survivor getting hooked back to back while they were denying OTHER hooks.

    their behavour was... i'd like to think they were just trolling. playing like that and blocking the killer with basekit bt then complaining about tunnelling is crazy to me

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3607027#Comment_3607027

    I actually saw a YouTube vid yesterday that made me think of this post.

    https://youtu.be/vIrnB4c20oE?si=u6Rbg49MSecBSfy5

    At 1 minute into the vid, you see 2 survivors cranking out with 1 of em being injured against a Wraith. This would NORMALLY be a risky play, but FTP BU removed the risk. This didn't require wasted time on either survivors part.

    Actually intrigued to watch it in a bit. Might get Deja Vu lmao...

  • @NerfDHalready said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609009#Comment_3609009

    their behavour was... i'd like to think they were just trolling. playing like that and blocking the killer with basekit bt then complaining about tunnelling is crazy to me

    I wouldn't even question if they're trolling. This community is something else sometimes.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609006#Comment_3609006

    I thought it ironic that they were complaining about a survivor getting hooked back to back while they were denying OTHER hooks.

    The irony is strong with this one...

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3607027#Comment_3607027

    I actually saw a YouTube vid yesterday that made me think of this post.

    https://youtu.be/vIrnB4c20oE?si=u6Rbg49MSecBSfy5

    At 1 minute into the vid, you see 2 survivors cranking out with 1 of em being injured against a Wraith. This would NORMALLY be a risky play, but FTP BU removed the risk. This didn't require wasted time on either survivors part.

    I still think it would be fair if the combo is FTP + WGLF + MFT that requires extra perk slot and some work on WGLF to pull it off. FTP + BU effect is powerful only because it only take 2 perk slots and no building up.

    FTP alone is rarely used, even with MFT release, FTP + WGLF + MFT were never a thing. FTP only get really popular after BU change.

1 2 ›