Why cypress moris still exist?
Literally, they are just a waste of bloodpoints, as the simple existence of the hatch make this offering useless. Unless if you kill 3 survivor before 1 or 2 gens are done(very unlikely, unless you are playing against total potatoes).
I would understand if they were part of all killers. But it's a offering which only contributes to the grind. At their current state, the best is to exclude them.
Comments
It's useful if you like to prevent hatch in general.
It's also useful if you sacrificed on hooks in one zone and the 4th goes down there.
I agree this Offering does pretty little, but not useless.
I've seen some suggestions before that it should be baseline.
Idk about that, but it would go perfectly with the devs' train of thought of: Ending a game that's pretty much over already more quickly.
You can get rid of the offering which is pretty much useless, it gives killer an effective way to get that kill survivors with your own hands achievement completed especially on killers they don't use that much and it actually gives survivors a reason not to stick around and be cocky because if they get down and everyone else leaves not even decisive is going to save them
Not when the gens are done, not when the gate is open, or the hatch is open, i mean any time there is one person left.
Still, folding it into Rancor, or base kit would probably be more useful.
Or use it to make survivors paranoid, and disconnect.
Gotta' say, I don't really think cypress is underpowered, the rest are just overpowered. I don't think there's anything in the game that comes anywhere close to changing the balance that much. The second closest would probably be a tombstone Myers or iridescent head. I mean we're literally talking about an offering that instantly takes someone out of the game after just one hook. The equivalent would be an offering/add-on that allows a survivor to instantly escape after completing only one generator, and that's just bananas. I'm all for most ultra rares being nerfed into the ground like BNPs- that includes anti-hemorrhagic syringes and all. It would make the outcome of a match more based on skill and less who brought the biggest guns.
With that said though, I would totally be okay with cypress becoming baseline, but rancor would need something to make it stand out.
EDIT: Updated wording, used to sound like I implied syringes were nerfed. Yay, punctuation.
It should just become baseline. It just takes up the spot of better offering. It'll also help with completing the Mori rituals.
I mean, for all intents and purposes, a non-broken key is not far off from that, is it?
And as for Rancor, I wouldn't mind just leaving it as is since being able to kill the Obsession at any point after the gens are powered is still overall more useful during that point of the game than just killing the last Survivor in the trial. If Rancor needed to be changed to accomodate making Cypress Mori base kit, I dunno, what if instead of giving the Killer the ability to insta-kill the Obsession, it let you permanently see the aura of the Obsession once the gates are powered?
Also u know how limited perk slots for killers are, using a whole perk slot just to counter one perk of the survivor and only for the end is wasted. Better using an offering imo
I'm not a fan of those either and I'm totally okay with seeing those go too, but the hatch still has to spawn before that can be used. I ain't picking favourites here, I don't like the ultra rares on either side.
Hatch does not spawn after just two generators. The hatch will only appear after the number of survivors alive + 1 generators have appeared. In order for it to appear with only two generators repaired, there would have to be only one survivor alive, at which point it would already have spawned and opened.
The whole problem about the hatch is, that it's pure existence halts teamwork.
Only 2 survivors left but 2 gens done? Let's search the hatch instead of doing gens.
I would use keys for gates. And remove the hatch. If no other survivors are left. A key spawns in a random chest. Survivor can open the gate normally without completing gens. If the survivor has a higher quality key, he can open it faster.
Tsulan... Hun.
Hatch spawns under these conditions: Three survivors are dead and two gens are finished. The hatch will open.
If no one dies, the hatch only appears once all gens are done and isn't opened. If three survivors have 1 gen, the hatch will spawn, but be closed. If you have two survivors, the hatch will spawn with 2 gens left to be done.
There is nothing else. These are facts. Hard cold BHVR facts.
3 can escape if they have a key and 1 died. Rendering endgame perks useless.
But as I said, if 2 gens have been done and 2 survivors are dead. There is 0 incentive to complete gens. Everyone just searches the hatch and hopes that the killer gets the other guy.
Dude, no. THREE survivors need to be DEAD for the hatch to spawn with three gens left.
The hatch spawns when 2 gens have been done and 2 survivors died. It continues closed until there is only 1 left.
Otherwise we wouldn't have the slug issue to prevent the hatch from opening.
Please don't ban me for not agreeing with you.
@DocOctober could you confirm please?
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Black_Lock#Visibility
If two are dead, you would need at least three generators completed for the hatch to appear. It's the number of survivors alive + 1 generators completed.
I give up. Just, just read the wikki.
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Black_Lock Read it yourself.
Also Pea and I have direct contact to the devs. This is correct information. You are wrong.
My bad!
From gamepedia:
"The Hatch will become visible ("spawn") whenever the number of fully repaired Generators exceeds the number of living Survivors by 1."
I accept this. My apologies to both of you.
But this proves at least that mods don't ban people if they don't agree with them.
I need more coffee...
This is my favourite thread ever
That being said, yea moris are trash imo.
There's a few things I think need to go/change
Insta Heals
Iridescent Hatchets
Ebony Moris
They are far too game changing I think and offer each side too much.
I agree that the ebony and ivory mori are overpowered or still kinda missdesign in some way. But Cypress Memento Mori is underwhelming as well considering, that stuff like the hatch or just a normal game, can easily "waste" the opportunity the mori is offering. That's why I belong to the group who thinks the current Cypress Mori effect should be base kit, because if you reach the scenario where you down the last survivor they have already lost. So why not reward the killer with a personal kill?
That's why I was so adamant about it. Can't check right now. Maybe it's a bug and no one reported it, since everyone thinks it's a feature.
He doesn't need to be hooked to mori him unlike ebony or ivory
I'd like to see them getting some kind of small rework. Like after the gates are opened you gain ability to mori any downed survivors without conditions. That would be pretty balanced and would bring out more strategy towards opening doors if there was an unknown offering played before the match.
After 3, 4 and 5 gens. Depending on rarity.
They may have just gotten lucky. I've had two games in the past couple days where I watched the hatch spawn after the appropriate number of generators have been completed. It's still working just fine for me.
I think it would be more viable if it allowed the one of last 2 survivors to be mori'd. It actually doesn't have a function since the last survivor is typically camping the hatch.
Mori Offerings (Needs a Rework)
Insta Heals (Needs a Nerf)
Hatch Spawning (Needs a Rework)
Maps (Needs a Buff)
Keys (Needs a Buff)