So, I am interested to find out what sort of survivor peeps are, now I prob wont get all scenarios in, no doubt be too many lol but just loosely on some basics I have seen and encountered while playing.
it really depends on the perks i use. if there is a facecamp killer that instant down and I'm not build for the rescue i don't give that type of player an additional kill.
I'll take "strategist" as it's most appropriate but everyone is a mixture of these in various ratios. As for strategy, an example would be: if I think the killer may have Plaything, I'll cleanse the totem I see nearby to get a head start against it. If I'm playing against Trapper, Cannibal, or Hag, I'll do my best to avoid going down near the basement (and then get dragged in by Iron Grasp anyway!).
I think people are different types at different times. If the endgame is collapsing and the killer is camping his one hook, and everyone else is trying to figure out how to save the person, I will oftentimes literally bull-rush straight at the hook for the trade just so others can escape (your "heroic one") - but I won't necessarily do that every time. I would also consider myself a quasi-shady one in that I prefer to evade detection altogether (I suck at chase) if possible, but not to the detriment and sacrifice of others if I can help it.
I like to do gens and make saves all while evading eyesight! So I guess with that in mind, I would be a "strategic one" in general but also, nominally, a heroic one and sort of a smooth operator type if I can pull it off.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
it really depends on the perks i use. if there is a facecamp killer that instant down and I'm not build for the rescue i don't give that type of player an additional kill.
The not fussed one in a group of people who turn more and more into the strategic general ^^
Something between 1 and 5.
Usually I try to adapt to the game and my team mates. Things I planned to do before game started, usually don't work out in the match anyways.
If I am next to the exit gate and it is open you will never see me again.
This is going to date me so hard but LEROOOOOOOY JEEEENKIIIINS
That made me chuckle.
I'll take "strategist" as it's most appropriate but everyone is a mixture of these in various ratios. As for strategy, an example would be: if I think the killer may have Plaything, I'll cleanse the totem I see nearby to get a head start against it. If I'm playing against Trapper, Cannibal, or Hag, I'll do my best to avoid going down near the basement (and then get dragged in by Iron Grasp anyway!).
I think people are different types at different times. If the endgame is collapsing and the killer is camping his one hook, and everyone else is trying to figure out how to save the person, I will oftentimes literally bull-rush straight at the hook for the trade just so others can escape (your "heroic one") - but I won't necessarily do that every time. I would also consider myself a quasi-shady one in that I prefer to evade detection altogether (I suck at chase) if possible, but not to the detriment and sacrifice of others if I can help it.
I like to do gens and make saves all while evading eyesight! So I guess with that in mind, I would be a "strategic one" in general but also, nominally, a heroic one and sort of a smooth operator type if I can pull it off.
im a combo of the hero the strategist and the not fussed one
It's just more fun and brings about epic stories when they work! If not, I have a good laugh about it and move on.
I'm also a "not-fussed" player as it's just a game, but that usually means I'm more inclined to take risks.
Finally, a Hero category that will accept me into their ranks.
This until my teammate makes a mistake leading to me going down. That destroys my mentality.
Personally I’m only annoyed in this game by my teammates in soloQ
like I personally have no problem when the killer kills or when I’m constantly chased
what I’m annoyed at the most is how useless my soloQ teammates are in this game
cause it’s either Gens before friends or sole survivor build enjoyers waiting for me to die