What's The Community's Opinion On Becoming A Main?

A player who plays both will now main only one side.

Seen enough times that players are praised for deciding to go from being a main to playing both sides.
And i get that, players might have very different opinions after playing both for a while.
But i've been playing Killer almost exclusively for a long time now, while i enjoyed Survivor a lot before.

Now of course i don't have the right to say what Survivor should be, just a player.
But i started disliking where Survivors are going more and more as time went on.

So now i wonder: What does the community think of a person who decides to not play Survivor anymore while playing both sides pretty equally before?
(I might throw in a game of Survivor every now and then, but it certainly won't come even close to being 50/50 Survivor/Killer playtime anymore.)

Comments

  • What does the community think of a person who decides to not play Survivor anymore while playing both sides pretty equally before?

    It's good to experience both sides.

  • @Vietfox said:
    What does the community think of a person who decides to not play Survivor anymore while playing both sides pretty equally before?

    None of my business.

    Fair enough. :)

  • @Boss said:

    @Vietfox said:
    What does the community think of a person who decides to not play Survivor anymore while playing both sides pretty equally before?

    None of my business.

    Fair enough. :)

    I've slept 3 hours an misunderstood the question lol.

  • @Vietfox said:

    @Boss said:

    @Vietfox said:
    What does the community think of a person who decides to not play Survivor anymore while playing both sides pretty equally before?

    None of my business.

    Fair enough. :)

    I've slept 3 hours an misunderstood the question lol.

    worrying intensifies

  • Would having a p350 huntress and broadcasts that are over 6hrs long count as being  a main
  • @redsopine01 said:
    Would having a p350 huntress and broadcasts that are over 6hrs long count as being  a main

    Having P3 doesn't have anything to do with it, i got loads of P3s before feeling fatigued with playing so much.
    And streamers just stream.
    When you combine both though, and don't stream Survivor, yeah, i'd say you're a main.

  • So, once you go to the other side... are you gonna run DS?

  • @Vietfox said:
    So, once you go to the other side... are you gonna run DS?

    That's the Perk i despise the most.
    I don't feel like i'm a good player when using it, and it feels the cheapest as Killer.

    Short answer: No.

  • @Boss said:

    @Vietfox said:
    So, once you go to the other side... are you gonna run DS?

    That's the Perk i despise the most.
    I don't feel like i'm a good player when using it, and it feels the cheapest as Killer.

    Short answer: No.

    You should, so you see by yourself is not as op as you think.

  • @Vietfox said:

    @Boss said:

    @Vietfox said:
    So, once you go to the other side... are you gonna run DS?

    That's the Perk i despise the most.
    I don't feel like i'm a good player when using it, and it feels the cheapest as Killer.

    Short answer: No.

    You should, so you see by yourself is not as op as you think.

    I didn't say it's OP.
    I mean i despise how it works.

  • I don't see why you would? Unless you really don't like one side.

    I try to play both because both are fun. Its all part od the same game. If you dont care for one side though then there's nothing wrong with only playing the other. I do think its harder to relate to balance issues if you don't play both sides though. I.e. playing killer the hatch seems unfair, but then playing survivor you realize it gives you a reason to play on once its obvious your team are potatoes and there's no way to actually win.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    I don't see why you would? Unless you really don't like one side.

    I really don't like one side.
    Yes, it's that simple.

  • If you have more fun maining a survivor or killer then do it. Its all about enjoyment at the end of the day. Do what you like best.
  • It doesn't really matter what side you play as, but if you only play one side, your opinions can get very biased, thus when you decide to propose a balance change, people SHOULD be highly suspicious of your opinion.

    When you're playing both sides and come up with balance changes, then more likely you'll be playing chess against yourself in your head.

    The lack there of for mains simply makes them less credible sources for inspiration.

  • @Boss said:
    A player who plays both will now main only one side.

    Seen enough times that players are praised for deciding to go from being a main to playing both sides.
    And i get that, players might have very different opinions after playing both for a while.
    But i've been playing Killer almost exclusively for a long time now, while i enjoyed Survivor a lot before.

    Now of course i don't have the right to say what Survivor should be, just a player.
    But i started disliking where Survivors are going more and more as time went on.

    So now i wonder: What does the community think of a person who decides to not play Survivor anymore while playing both sides pretty equally before?
    (I might throw in a game of Survivor every now and then, but it certainly won't come even close to being 50/50 Survivor/Killer playtime anymore.)

    Well it boils down to a simple question

    DO killers need to get buffed? => filthy killer main
    Do killers need to get nerfed? => filthy survivor main

    :wink:

  • @Master said:

    @Boss said:
    A player who plays both will now main only one side.

    Seen enough times that players are praised for deciding to go from being a main to playing both sides.
    And i get that, players might have very different opinions after playing both for a while.
    But i've been playing Killer almost exclusively for a long time now, while i enjoyed Survivor a lot before.

    Now of course i don't have the right to say what Survivor should be, just a player.
    But i started disliking where Survivors are going more and more as time went on.

    So now i wonder: What does the community think of a person who decides to not play Survivor anymore while playing both sides pretty equally before?
    (I might throw in a game of Survivor every now and then, but it certainly won't come even close to being 50/50 Survivor/Killer playtime anymore.)

    Well it boils down to a simple question

    DO killers need to get buffed? => filthy killer main
    Do killers need to get nerfed? => filthy survivor main

    :wink:

    Well, since i'm now a filthy Killer main...
    DEATH TO ALL SURV PERKS!

  • I've only run it in the past to try and get that obsession perk and will again Laurie adept
  • I say play what makes you happy and have the most fun.

    The only thing that bothers me with mains is that everything that happens to what they play is wrong and it's never fair, then they come to forums complaining constantly and jump onto any thread defending any post their side makes.
  • @twistedmonkey said:
    I say play what makes you happy and have the most fun.

    The only thing that bothers me with mains is that everything that happens to what they play is wrong and it's never fair, then they come to forums complaining constantly and jump onto any thread defending any post their side makes.

    I promise, just for you, i'll keep it to a minimum. :p

  • It's good to play both sides but always play what makes you have fun the most.
  • It depend what you call main really.
    If by main you are talking about people that pretty much only play one side (unless it's for daily for example) then it's bad, it tend to create a huge bias in favor of the side you play with people jumping at the throat of any one that would suggest a slight buff to the other side or nerf to yours as well as disdain toward people just for daring to play the other side or in a way you don't like.

    If by main you mean someone that play both but slightly more one side, it's normal, I don't see what their really is to comment about that.

  • @Dragonredking said:
    It depend what you call main really.
    If by main you are talking about people that pretty much only play one side (unless it's for daily for example) then it's bad, it tend to create a huge bias in favor of the side you play with people jumping at the throat of any one that would suggest a slight buff to the other side or nerf to yours as well as disdain toward people just for daring to play the other side or in a way you don't like.

    If by main you mean someone that play both but slightly more one side, it's normal, I don't see what their really is to comment about that.

    Then i'm bad to you. :)

  • I'm a 60/40 survivor killer. I played survivor first them maxed my killers. Favorite survivors are meg and tapp, favorite killers are Clown and Myers.

  • Boss said:

    I promise, just for you, i'll keep it to a minimum. :p

    Thank you boss 😁
  • Constantly playing killer would take a huge mental toll on me

  • Oh yeah, just to put this out there, I'm now becoming a survivor main only because I have gone so bad and rusty I need to git gud again.

  • @HellDescent said:
    Constantly playing killer would take a huge mental toll on me

    Well, ever since i felt fatigued with the game in general, i don't play constantly.
    So that won't be a problem for me. :)