Survs glitching into lockers and becoming invincible

PS4

Survs click their flashlights while walking into lockers and it lets them phase through and become invincible. Multiple lockers on RPD. I've seen people report this on Eyrie of Crows too, so this must be game wide. This is an insane bug that needs to be fixed immediately.

Comments


  • @bornagain234 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538855#Comment_3538855

    Maybe they should develop the game in a way then so that things like this dont happen.

    They will patch A B C and somehow, without touching anything X Y Z will break. Clowns perk will be adjusted, and somehow it breaks something for artist, or a map is affected. The entire game needs to be fixed.

    just to be perfectly clear, your instruction to the devs is "just dont add bugs to the code". that's what you're telling them to do.

  • @betelgeuseyes said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538980#Comment_3538980

    Yeah, no. I'll report them in-game but I don't have the time to make videos, trim them, convert them and upload them. It's clear this is happening across the board and these glitchers most likely have been flagged more than a few times, so it should be obvious who these people are.

    I dont trim my videos.

  • Why? No one runs that perk for the rummaging effect. And even if so, just hit them again and the flashlight is on the ground as well. The bug abusers are usually ultra cocky, they will try to bait you into swinging onto the locker. And f* up from now and then. When you hit them at this moment, the flashy is gone.

    Edit: Sorry, thought it was a response to using Franklins. You are right, if flashlights were killswitched, Redidual would have to as well!

  • @kjolnir said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538191#Comment_3538191

    I'm dodging all lobbies with flashlights until this is fixed.

    Understandable. But maybe, to be able to play a game at all, dodging only with 2+ flashlights would work as well. Or equip Franklins, they ususally won't hide in the locker when still healthy.

  • @kit_mason said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538873#Comment_3538873

    just to be perfectly clear, your instruction to the devs is "just dont add bugs to the code". that's what you're telling them to do.

    No, its more like remake the game so that ridiculous things like this dont happen. I know it would be a massive job, but this game feels like its balancing on a tightrope all the time with how bad the bugs are. Things have just been bandaided over for 7 years and here we are.

    When they made the game they had 4 killers in mind, not 30+

    Things like all killers powers / assets loading into a match isnt a problem when theres 4 killers, at this many thats why people abused bugs like myers having a chainsaw.

    DBD is buggier than a bethesda game. Things like this arent rare.

    RPD had to be disabled a few hours after being released.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538873#Comment_3538873

    I can tell you've never coded anything if you think it's simple to just "not develop bugs and exploits into a game".

    No matter how diligent you think you are being, there's going to be some combination of inputs that create unintended results that you never thought to check.

    Youre right, I was being unfair. When I think about it, gamebreaking bugs are quite rare in DBD, especially compared to other games.

  • Would like to think this will lead to a ban for the offenders

  • With Tombstone Myers you kann kill those Exploiters. He ignores it like any other thing like BT or else.

  • I've had the same thing on Midwhich. Seems to not matter what map it is. Guess I'm gonna play pyramid head for a while.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538932#Comment_3538932

    Why? No one runs that perk for the rummaging effect. And even if so, just hit them again and the flashlight is on the ground as well. The bug abusers are usually ultra cocky, they will try to bait you into swinging onto the locker. And f* up from now and then. When you hit them at this moment, the flashy is gone.

    Edit: Sorry, thought it was a response to using Franklins. You are right, if flashlights were killswitched, Redidual would have to as well!

    My comment was more directed at the fact that if you start using Franklin's to get rid of any FL they have in a lobby, the trolls will use RM to get a FL during the match so you don't use Franklin's in the first place.

  • @KazRen said:

    I've had the same thing on Midwhich. Seems to not matter what map it is. Guess I'm gonna play pyramid head for a while.

    Yeah PH, Artist and Nemi's zombies can still hit them. And depending on where they are you can also stalk them. Idk if you can Tombstone them, but it would be very funny.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539249#Comment_3539249

    Yeah PH, Artist and Nemi's zombies can still hit them. And depending on where they are you can also stalk them. Idk if you can Tombstone them, but it would be very funny.

    Apparently Bubba can get them too. I don't know how but I'm guessing tantrum.

  • @meyers said:

    With Tombstone Myers you kann kill those Exploiters. He ignores it like any other thing like BT or else.

    Great! I hope I can also slam them with Wesker. His auto grab would help a lot

  • have come across this multiple times and its VERY annoying. Two or more players do this and hold the game hostage so I have to DC

  • @ThaBatPope said:

    have come across this multiple times and its VERY annoying. Two or more players do this and hold the game hostage so I have to DC

    Avoid lobbies with flashlights, or use franklins demise meanwhile it gets fixed

  • false equivalency. A crime is breaking the rules, a bug is a literal break in the universal code. if crime could be fixed entirely by completely remaking our policing systems or something, and it was clear how and would just take time, the public would be outraged that they arent doing it. Furthermore there are far different motivations for crimes vs exploits. Robberies are caused by greed or absolute necessity, which im assuming you are talking about since you mentioned security. Exploits are abused by people wanting a power trip for some fun in a videogame.

    Besides nobody is saying abusing the exploit is okay... their just saying bhvr its bhvr's fault the game is sphageti'd enough to allow these exploits to even exist.

  • @caipt said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538888#Comment_3538888

    false equivalency. A crime is breaking the rules, a bug is a literal break in the universal code. if crime could be fixed entirely by completely remaking our policing systems or something, and it was clear how and would just take time, the public would be outraged that they arent doing it. Furthermore there are far different motivations for crimes vs exploits. Robberies are caused by greed or absolute necessity, which im assuming you are talking about since you mentioned security. Exploits are abused by people wanting a power trip for some fun in a videogame.

    Besides nobody is saying abusing the exploit is okay... their just saying bhvr its bhvr's fault the game is sphageti'd enough to allow these exploits to even exist.

    Exactly, I am not saying coding is easy, nor would remaking the game be easy ( I dont say sequel as the licences would all need renegotiation ) But things like this should be a wakeup call to the devs, this game needs some major fixes.

    Being able to killswitch a map / perk / feature and waiting weeks for a gamebreaking fix isnt one. The games become too big for its original idea. Ive played other games, none have had issues like this. A bug in another game is like, sometimes the character gets stuck at random times, sometimes the game crashes etc.

    In DBD, oh for some reason when I have a flashlight I can enter the locker and literally break the game and hold the killer hostage. Its incredibly easy to do, easily repeatable.

    Like I said earlier ( dont know if this is true anymore ) I remember reading the game would load all killers assets into the match because when it was 4 killers it wasnt a big deal. Cheaters could then load in huntress hatchets on a demogorgon. Things that were ok in 2017 are still being bandaid fixed over all these years later, and here we are.

    I have seen bugs get fixed, 2 patches later theyre back. The way things are being slapped over each other is getting bad.


    Pie in the sky for me would be a ground up, 2024+ remade in unreal engine 5 DBD with ray tracing, bugs rare.

  • Thanks for the reports on this, we have kill switched flashlights and some associated perks due to the bug. Please stay tuned for more information on when these perks and item will be back in rotation!


    Kill Switch Master List - BHVR

  • And if survivors have recently played only with flashlights on certain characters, then the flashlights will remain in the saved presets, right?

  • I just encountered a duo that still has flashlights, #########

  • @MikhailVictor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539515#Comment_3539515

    You did not fix the problem at all. You can still go into lockers. Idk if they plundered a flashlight or you can do it with bare hands, please implement an actual fix

    There are still ways to equip a flashlight from your stash apparently

  • I have never seen this glitch before, but since the flashlights were killed, I've seen it twice. I don't think flashlights are the sole problem here.

  • just had a ripley do this on the nostromo, middle of the main ship. just walked through the side of the locker like it wasn't there. all match. never tripped iron maiden when she left.

  • I dont think this is just with flashlights because I had a game yesterday (it was in The Game) where Nick Cage hid in the locker and didn't go out until the endgame collapse almost run out, with sprint burst he managed to get out sadly as killer wasn't able to hit him twice.... reported him and hope he gets punished but anyway, he still got in the locker *without a flashlight* as they are currently disabled so idk how are they doing it but its still doable, this was my first time seeing it (until now only heard about it online).. shame i didn't know you can force them out if u jump in the locker, would have done that if i knew, felt bad for the killer as she was standing in front of the locker the whole game waiting for him to come out or die to the collapse but because of SB he managed to get out :X

  • Just came from a game where a survivor was doin this as well. Hand sticking out of the locker, but couldn't hit him, nor open the locker. Called him out on it after match and he replied that I did manage to grab him. I grabbed him from a locker later in the match after I caught him glitching into a locker, and I dunno, perhaps he realized he got caught and wanted to act less suspicious by being stupid and getting grabbed from another locker mid-chase...

1 2 ›