Now killers will start having unique hooks?
If yes, then it's an amazing idea.
Saying this because all hooks in any map are exactly the same ones as in Nostromo when Alien is the killer.
Thought it was a PTB bug, but either this was carried over to live servers or it's indeed a new feature. Which one is it?
Comments
it is intended for the xeno to have those hooks everywhere.
and I hope it carries over to every killer. it's really cool
Be carefull what you wish for.
It will nerf stealth Killers early game because Survivors will know who you are and expect you sneak coming in.
"Oh it's ghostface, oh Its wraith, etc." could lead in less suprising = no free hit/down in early game.
IIRC, this was the reason why they didn't implement this in the first place. I read somewhere that this was originally how killer hooks were supposed to function.
Damn! That makes sense.
Well... they could give it to some killers then, like Wesker and Nemesis having the RPD hooks.
Could be unique to Xenomorph and maybe even a request by the license Holders. Does not matter anyway since you will most likely see a station very quickly.
And IMO they can do it for all Killers nowadays. The game is not about hide&seek anymore and with unique Terror Radius you know who the Killer is pretty quickly. It might hurt Stealth-Killers a bit, but I think with how the game is played nowadays, it would not matter too much.
I disagree, I think it's cool because it's uprooted from the xenos domain. I prefer hooks matching realms tho
I hope they selectively add them back. Killers with objects on the map or map wide sounds should get their own hook
Not supposed to, but did function.
Originally in the first year or so of the game, hooks were tied to killers rather than realms.
Then due to a combination of stealth killers losing their surprise factor one you learned the hooks and the feeling that haddonfield hooks looked super strange outside of the haddonfield map they became tied to realm.
Some of us like stealth killers, though. And that would hurt a lot. The early game is the most important part of the match for M1 killers. ######### it up and it can be difficult to come back from.