Wait, BBQ & Chili got buffed?!
I am pretty sure I remember it always being 4 seconds. Since when it got changed to 5 seconds? I don't remember it seeing anywhere in patch notes in past months. Was it like sneaky buffed?
Anyway, good buff haha.
I am pretty sure I remember it always being 4 seconds. Since when it got changed to 5 seconds? I don't remember it seeing anywhere in patch notes in past months. Was it like sneaky buffed?
Anyway, good buff haha.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I still won´t use it without the bonus bloodpoints.
Same for WGLF.
Does it actually last 5 seconds or is it just a visual bug?
According to: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Barbecue_%26_Chilli#Patch_7.1.0
this was an undocumented buff in patch 7.1.0. It's not a big deal in my opinion but a nice change none the less.
The most likely reason for this hidden "buff", which also happened with another hook perk, is the devs moving the scream to sound about a second earlier with 7.1.0 than before. I'm guessing this also moved the perk's activation trigger a second ahead so to compensate for the killer still being trapped in the hooking animation, unable to look around, they extended the duration by that second.
The changed it because they changed the scream sound trigger.
This way it's is still technically 4 seconds as the first second is lost in the animation.
I still only use it on Billy, Freddy, Sadako, and Blight though. As a they can actually use the information. Everyone else it's not much help on.
Also I used it mainly for the BP. With the BP gone it's a niche perk now. Nowhere to Hide and Darkness Revealed are much better information perks for most killers.
#BringBackBBQBP
Grim Embrace also got an additional second aura reading which is not documented in the patch notes.
They buffed it and Grim Embrace aura reading by 1 second each most likely to accommodate the hooks/screams happening earlier in the animation, so for that first 1 second or so the killer can’t look around to see the aura. The buff basically prevents it from being an indirect nerf and keeps it mostly the same.
it's because of the hook scream changes. it procs earlier like pain res and all hook perks so it takes you a second until you have control over your camera and see some auras. buff is to compensate that.
Exactly. Fast/teleport killers get more use out of the info.
To make it fair, the perk should disable after 5 seconds (1 second of animation lock + 4 seconds) or after the killer has moved 18 meters from the hook.
18 meters is equal to the distance a 115% movespeed killer can cover in 4 seconds.