Kill switch Skull Merchant until her rework
I have played a total of 10 games between yesterday and today, and 4 of them were Skull Merchants that just played with themselves in a 3 gen doing that strategy that we all know about. Most of the times even with map offerings that will place the game on a map with the strongest 3 gen RNGs. The games took around 30-35 minutes and was the most miserable experience ever.
2 of the games were in SWFs and we escaped, but the other 2 were solo and people just gave up and she just slugged or even made people wiggle out on purpose just to keep them hostage in the game. "Just DC!" can't even be a response, because it happens more than once a day and the penalties can go so high + that should never be the fix to an issue in the game to prevent you from having a 40 minutes game full of misery and boredom with nothing you can do (the solo ones I mean in particular).
Next week we will get the Alien chapter that will most likely bring loads of new players, and returning ones, and there will be people still doing this Skull Merchant gameplay, and those players will just uninstall the game right away after they meet these players more often than not.
I enjoy her chasing builds and I play her often, but even myself I want her to get kill switched until her issues get properly addressed and fixed. Her tome and rift are over, so those who want to complete the challenges and didn't do it before can just complete them afterwards.
Please, listen and take action faster with these kind of issues. There was a reason why Eruption got nerfed right before her release, it wasn't just a coincidence. This had to be expected to happen, yet the release could not be delayed for whatever reason and that's understandable, but now enough time has passed and it's time to take action as soon as possible before it hurts people who were brought into the game thanks to the last events, Nicolas Cage and now Alien + the future chapter coming next.
Comments
It’s because a high majority of people with these players just do it to try to spite the rest of the players and be as annoying as possible. I got score board chats where they state it. And I agree, I’d rather take a game against a 1000 win streak Nurse or Blight, be done in 2 minutes and just go next.
Two things most players don't know about Skull Merchant that could help with counter play:
→ drones can be held hostage (ie. hack a drone, but don't enter last promt): this disables drone in all aspects, and doesn't count as an arm trap yet. You can hold it until you see skull merchant approach, then enter last prompt, turn it to arm trap and run away. Other surv can work on a gen under a drone held hostage without detection/expose/addon effect.
→ survivers doesn't need to wait until drones go into scan mode to hack them. 10 seconds after skull merchant deploys/activates drone, it become hackable while in expose mode. I see alot of survs wait around for scan mode. When the "woosh effect" aroud a drone dissapears, even if it's active you can run in and hack. The moment you start hacking,, expose meter and killer instincts stop.
I know it's not much, but in some games it can make a difference.
ps> I am a Skull Merchant main, but I stopped playing her until her rework. Wins don't feel earned with 3 gen strat, and other ways of playing her isn't viable.
I know these strats, tha’s how I beat her when I play in a 4 man SWF. In solo it’s impossible to pull off, the level of coordination can only be achieved through coms, and even like that it takes up to 50 minutes.
I also stopped playing her until her rework in a way to protest and leave the stats just to the 3 genning ones so the problem shows itself better in the data.
What's next that people wanna killswitch? Made For This or overpowered perks?
There are plenty of other ways to play her. Look up redsgaminggears or potato legion's gameplay of her.
Team "fix the hell out of skull merchant or do away with her". Everyone hates her. Such misery.
No Killer should be disabled just because people don't like to play againts them. That would be very stupid.
The Pickrate of skullmerchant is around 1,4%
So the chance of getting her 4 times in 10 games is like 0.00074%. I think you exaggerate it a bit.
Shes the 4th rarest killer that is getting played. If you really hate her that mutch just AFK or suicide on the next hook. I mean thats what killers have to do against bullysquads too. Welcome on our side.
Since a rework is comeing (hopefully) soon, i think its only a matter of time until this is fixed
Insane to call somebody’s objective experience an exaggeration. Next time I will open stream just for you so you can check and compile the data of my games! So unserious.
”Welcome on our side”. I was so sure you’d try to turn it into an Us vs Them moment.
bye! 👋
Its called statistics, i know math can be frustrating sometimes :/
It is a "Us" vs "them" moment. Because some players are benefiting from this system and some players are in a disadvantaged. It has nothing to do with killer or survivors per se, more with the players who play em.
Nobody gives a damn about mathematics if I am telling you I played through that and it happened like that, and it’s my experience. It’s like telling somebody they didn’t get assaulted twice in 4 months because “akshually the statistics says that assaults happen only 1.3 times a semester in your area”. Like be serious for 2 seconds. Also you are late to the party, this was during the peak of the “chess merchant” video brainrot. End of interaction!
What i am telling you that its very unlikely that it will happen again and you can just go on playing :-)
The funniest thing to me is that I have yet to actually go against a Skull Merchant who was trying to hold the closest 3 gens the entire game. They have all played pretty much normally. Yet I see people complaining about her even then. Even if people play her like a normal killer they get butt hurt. So maybe just maybe it isn't about 3 gens at all. Maybe just maybe the community is a bunch of whiny little kids lol
Não é assim que se joga videogame
Yeah, playing against SM absolutely sucks and I hope her rework comes soon, but it doesn't change the fact that she's not going to get killswitched even though most of us hate her because it's not what the killswitch is for.
They teased the rework for next midchapter, which ptb might take place next week according to calculations. Hopefully it will be good!
Yes I"m really looking foward to it! hopefully they made her interesting instead of just nerfing the 3gen strat
Would be nice if they actually make it well.
If there is also MFT change, I might even start playing again.
You are wrong, if the killer can hold you hostage for more then a one hour total. He can literally kill you with the unofficial match timer. But, again, the killer power is all about patrolling Genators and putting pressure on every gens, especially the three closest gens. She terrible in chase, unless you have a chase build; she doesn't have any speed and lethality if survivors are not interacting with her traps or simple hold w when leaving the drones range. That is how the killer is meant to be played, it not bugs or anything; so that is why it will never get Killswitch in the first place.
You want her kill switch so badly; I dare you to find some game breaking bug that only she can do; that makes her unintended gives her something to exploit.
The devs are going to rework her eventually; so deal with it; or take a break and go play a different game until the rework. If you can't handle playing more then 30 minutes in a game; then maybe gaming is not for you. Is this me, being sick of the "Killswitch Skull Merchant" post everytime they complained simply because of the boring power she only provided; yes I do. Should she be kill switch because she unfun to play, no; she not broken in bug/exploits; she broken because of the devs lack of clear vision for the killer overall design.
Again, you didn’t bother reading anything, so I won’t bother reading this + she is getting reworked on the ptb next week already so discussion over. Best regards!