Solo survivors should have unique resources

I think survivor players when they were playing solo (i.e. no friends or swf) should have some kind of resources that are unique to them, currently, every time that the devs create something to help the solo player, they automatically make the SWF stronger too, because of that I think that some things should be different for both sides,

The intuitive HuD for example should be something that SWF shouldn't have access to, since they play in communication most of the time, if they want to have more resources besides communication they should use the perks, after all they are for that. could have other types of additions, such as those who play in SWF only have access to level 1 and 2 of the perks, level 3 would be exclusive to players solos, they could even have different functions in level 3 perks, like the Mettle of man in level 3 could give a point of protection for the player who starts the game as an obsession, but this would only be given if the player was playing alone, but it's worth remembering that all of these are examples, nothing I'm saying needs to be added in practice, but they should have features that only favor solo players

before someone who plays with friends complains about it, until today SWF has never had any kind of disadvantage, while the solo player always suffers from game changes, when a killer is buffed or a surv perk is nerfed, the SWF don't even feel much difference, but the solo player feels the full impact of these changes, in theory, the solo player only gets nerf, so it's deserved it has exclusive resources, Nerfar killer and buff surv or vice versa is not balancing the game because of the strongest part of the game who has never been nerfed until today

But remember that this is just an example and my opinion, I would like to know your opinion, what could be improved in solo surv and be nerfed in SWF without spoiling the fun of the matches?

Comments

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3500567#Comment_3500567

    I never once alluded to you ever being ignorant. I don’t appreciate you implying that I am. We can agree to disagree but we don’t have to insult each other over it.

    And yea, it is straight forward. At the highest play, SWF wouldn’t be able to make some of the plays and be as efficient and coordinated as they are without the near instant information that is relayed over comms. That doesn’t mean that 4 good Solo players could be efficient and coordinated, it’s just they can never be as good as those with instant communication.

    Anyways, I’m not here to argue with people (especially with people who can’t respect me) over what’s the best course of action when it comes to balance. I’m here just to state that balancing SWF by limiting them isn’t punishment.

    Check out that gaslighting.

  • @Emeal said:

    This suggestion is kinda speculatory unless we get bHVR to spill the beans about soloQ vs. SWF again.

    idd like to get a word on how the new HUD info worked and improved the game, answering these questions.

    1. Current SWF / SoloQ winrate difference?
    2. what has HUD info changed?
    3. Are there any next steps?

    That's really sad that we don't have any info yet on how well this worked out. My guess is that they can't say too much about the differences now compared to before the new HUD because all this data is not really substantial.

    If the MMR system is working mostly correct (and I assume it is because I haven't really seen anything that would suggest otherwise) it should balance out win rates overall. So the difference would be minimal.

    Also, they'd have to differentiate between 3 SWF and 1 solo, 2x2 SWFs, 2 SWF and 2 solos and 4 SWF and different MMRs. It's only logical that new players don't benefit from the improved HUD as much as more experienced players do. When nobody knows what they are doing, vague information is likely not going to make much of a difference.

    Especially point 3 is interesting. I don't know why BHVR are so reluctant to share future plans on specific things like solo queue improvements or killer updates / reworks. Even something like: "We can't promise anything yet but it is on our radar and will be closely monitored." can help and will leave us reassured.

  • @Xernoton said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3499195#Comment_3499195

    That's really sad that we don't have any info yet on how well this worked out. My guess is that they can't say too much about the differences now compared to before the new HUD because all this data is not really substantial.

    If the MMR system is working mostly correct (and I assume it is because I haven't really seen anything that would suggest otherwise) it should balance out win rates overall. So the difference would be minimal.

    Also, they'd have to differentiate between 3 SWF and 1 solo, 2x2 SWFs, 2 SWF and 2 solos and 4 SWF and different MMRs. It's only logical that new players don't benefit from the improved HUD as much as more experienced players do. When nobody knows what they are doing, vague information is likely not going to make much of a difference.

    Especially point 3 is interesting. I don't know why BHVR are so reluctant to share future plans on specific things like solo queue improvements or killer updates / reworks. Even something like: "We can't promise anything yet but it is on our radar and will be closely monitored." can help and will leave us reassured.

    I agree expect I think the MMR system has way way way more Lobby Dodges to deal with rn than normal. After a week after Singularity release I would just get hardcore juicers as Survivors and it just continued. There has to be more people above me in MMR who dodges lobby and it widens enough to include me.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3500166#Comment_3500166

    Incorrect. A punishment is an act of retribution for committing an offense. No one is committing an offense when playing as a SWF and the devs wouldn’t be retaliating against anyone by enforcing restrictions.

    It’s more of an equivalent exchange since you gain things as a SWF that Solo Queue doesn’t.

    Handicaps ≠ punishment.

    This person seriously pulled out a dictionary on me. Fine, change all my mention of punishment to unfairly handicapped then. Same difference

    I'm going to put it in bold cause you clearly aren't getting it.

    You do not gain an inherent advantage for picking swf

    You get one the moment you choose to use voice comms but last i checked that isn't inherent of swf. You need third parties for that

    can't help but notice you didn't answer when i asked to give me a game that does this kind of thing. Every game has a advantage when using comms vs without it.

    Yet nobody restricts people who queue up with friends. Is every game dev against fairness or is your conception of what is fair flawed?

    @brewingtea said:

    BHVR: Punishes Solo Q for 7 years

    Everyone:

    Solo player: Maybe they could give us a little-

    SWFs: WHY ARE YOU PUNISHING PEOPLE WITH FRIENDS??????

    Not a single person here is complaining about potential buffs to solo. It's the excluding swf for no reason whatsoever that people are arguing about.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3500854#Comment_3500854

    I agree expect I think the MMR system has way way way more Lobby Dodges to deal with rn than normal. After a week after Singularity release I would just get hardcore juicers as Survivors and it just continued. There has to be more people above me in MMR who dodges lobby and it widens enough to include me.

    Really? I can't say I've noticed too much of a difference there. Then again it's not like I paid attention specifically to how many lobby dodgers I saw. Overall, my matches have been challenging but I figured that might have more to do with me playing different and weaker killers than usual.

  • @Emeal said:

    This suggestion is kinda speculatory unless we get bHVR to spill the beans about soloQ vs. SWF again.

    idd like to get a word on how the new HUD info worked and improved the game, answering these questions.

    1. Current SWF / SoloQ winrate difference?
    2. what has HUD info changed?
    3. Are there any next steps?

    We already know escape rate is low for solo Q and high for swf... only way to enjoy solo Q is to be a comp level player at looping or it's unplayable, but even if you can loop killer for five gens there's no telling how long those gens will take

    When killer is playing for money, tunneling at 5 gens and your teamates are walking around the map, doing totems,glyphs or nothing it's already lost, I wanted to be a surv main but without friends it's just no, you get an alright team 1/10 games, i've given up I just play killer

    SWF > Killer > Solo Q is still true and solo q IS unplayable

  • in fact, but this does not only happen with DBD, other squad games, if you are playing with friends against a random team even though they have resources, they still have the disadvantage of the unpreparedness of a random team, but in the case of DBD this motivates even more for developers to be able to create exclusive resources for soloQ players, as there will be no problems with them being superior to SWF

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3500223#Comment_3500223

    The vast majority of my survivor games are solo queue.

    I don't want to be handicapped for the few times I actually play with friends. Doing so would probably drive them away altogether or have us just playing solo and giving up on team play.

    This is not the solution.

    I doubt it very much, the solo player and killers have always been nerfed and that didn't stop them from playing, it won't be because of a few nerfs that players will stop playing with friends

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3498453#Comment_3498453

    in fact, but this does not only happen with DBD, other squad games, if you are playing with friends against a random team even though they have resources, they still have the disadvantage of the unpreparedness of a random team, but in the case of DBD this motivates even more for developers to be able to create exclusive resources for soloQ players, as there will be no problems with them being superior to SWF

    I am confused, why would that motivate the dbd devs to make resources for soloQ and only soloQ players?

  • @DrDucky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3506696#Comment_3506696

    I am confused, why would that motivate the dbd devs to make resources for soloQ and only soloQ players?

    Why the solo player will never be as overwhelming as the SWF is

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3507071#Comment_3507071

    Why the solo player will never be as overwhelming as the SWF is

    In ANY game ever playing in a friends team vs randoms will always be simply stronger. It is a fact in every game. I think the suggestions are not even elegant anyway. There is literally no reason to disable the HUD for swf (you admit the hud does not matter for swf anyway so should not be a big deal to keep it, disabling for swf does not automatically make it stronger for solo Q and thats a fact) and changing perks to say "if you are alone" is just not elegant and there is a reason why literally no game has done a change like that.

    I think ultimately this approach of making swf weaker (like the hud change) is flawed since even if swf move speed was halved or something crazy its not making solo Q itself anymore pleasant you are just making playing with your friends a worse experience which does not fix solo Q.

  • @DrDucky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3509653#Comment_3509653

    In ANY game ever playing in a friends team vs randoms will always be simply stronger. It is a fact in every game. I think the suggestions are not even elegant anyway. There is literally no reason to disable the HUD for swf (you admit the hud does not matter for swf anyway so should not be a big deal to keep it, disabling for swf does not automatically make it stronger for solo Q and thats a fact) and changing perks to say "if you are alone" is just not elegant and there is a reason why literally no game has done a change like that.

    I think ultimately this approach of making swf weaker (like the hud change) is flawed since even if swf move speed was halved or something crazy its not making solo Q itself anymore pleasant you are just making playing with your friends a worse experience which does not fix solo Q.

    actually I had not asked a question but answered yours, the text corrector on my pc that placed the question mark(?) certainly SWF will always be stronger because it is more organized and everyone knows each other, but this allows the devs to give buff to the soloQ player without worrying about them getting stronger than SWF , because solo are less prepared and synchronized

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3509739#Comment_3509739

    actually I had not asked a question but answered yours, the text corrector on my pc that placed the question mark(?) certainly SWF will always be stronger because it is more organized and everyone knows each other, but this allows the devs to give buff to the soloQ player without worrying about them getting stronger than SWF , because solo are less prepared and synchronized

    Or you could just bridge the gap as close as possible and then buff killer to compensate. We don't need solo Q specific buffs since its poor design. I want access to the full game with and without friends I don't want features to be locked off purely because of that, no one does.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    I do agree with trying to mitigate the power difference between SWF and SoloQ.... I have pretty strong opinions on SWF, however to keep on track, I want to slow people down a bit, as I for one really like soloQ.

    There's a creeping dread, intensity and nervous uncertainty I dont feel in SWF... the fact my opponent is human intelligent makes this game really intimidating sometimes (and frustrating ofc).

    While I do want to buff solo players... I dont want to flood them with basekit buffs to bring them to SWF comms level, because that imperfect knowledge for your decisions is part of the skill expression for solo Q and is one of the reasons the atmosphere is so good. If my whole screen is illuminated with aura reading all the time, the game loses something.... and the value of acquiring that information requires taking perks that protect me more directly out of my build.

    Ideas I've liked thus far are:

    • Allow survivors to share their perks in lobby.
    • More gestures for survivors to help non verbal comms in game.

    A lot of people suggest Kindred basekit, and this I'm not so sure. Pure information perks can be quite powerful, and Kindred is no exception. That's why a lot of Solo players and casual SWFs run it. My issue with it is as stated above, it removes the element of sacrifice in your build for that information... and encourages everyone to take more selfish, self preservation perks, and samey builds.

    I personally want to incentivise people to play Solo Q more, imo Solo is how the game is supposed to feel.... so I'd be very wary of buffing aura reading into survivor kits.

    Now this here I agree with... I have read the word basekit so many times in this thread alone it is meaningless now.

    I get people like to rally behind the notion that "DBD isn't a horror game anymore" but why throw every element of horror out the window just because YOU aren't scared anymore? What about that guy who just bought the game?

    And I get the feeling some people here just want a minimap with the killer's location, pallet count, each generators progress... Etc. That's just not DBD anymore...

  • Free Kindered - yes.

    Anything else - noooooooooooo

  • @DrDucky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3510686#Comment_3510686

    Or you could just bridge the gap as close as possible and then buff killer to compensate. We don't need solo Q specific buffs since its poor design. I want access to the full game with and without friends I don't want features to be locked off purely because of that, no one does.

    I'm not saying to remove things from SWF, but to give exclusive things to solo players, SWF has things that solo survs cannot have, like communication for example, if that were the case the solo surv would have voice chat, something that could have even if it were an alternative

1 2 ›