Dbd on ps4 refuses to progress beyond the initialization completed screen
When booting up dbd ps4 the loading process proceeds like normal until the initialization completed screen where the game stops and doesn’t start.
When booting up dbd ps4 the loading process proceeds like normal until the initialization completed screen where the game stops and doesn’t start.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I am also experiencing this problem on my ps4, I thought it was because I play the nightmare version of the game but no clearly that is not the issue I hope they fix this soon also my psn is T-R-E-V-I-N
hi, i'm having the same issue, I'm stuck on initializing complete screen. I can log in with my boy friend account who never played at the game on ps4, but not on my account. How i can fix this ?
My PSN : Elfeaa_
My Mail : [email protected]
Thanks a lot!
Hello, also having the same problem!
psn ID - paul106i
I thought it might be a corrupted download, because there was a PS4 system software update a few days ago that I'd missed before downloading the update (and prepurchasing the chapter via phone app before downloading), but I since deleted dbd, updated the system software, and redownloaded dbd, and am still experiencing the problem. Hopefully that helps rule something out!
p.s. was able to get in on PS5! Just means me and my brother (I'm the primary account holder and he is the secondary) can't SWF together until this is fixed!
Thank you
Hi I’m having the same issue, PS4 ID is: SittingDucklord
@Jocelynbee
Same issue for me and my wife ps4 versions
PS4 ID
Mortebellgele
unit_1347
Yea this is happening to me too
my psn is Shadow_Ninja259
Same here
My PS4 ID
OP-Berlin-D_Z_P
Same here my PSN is penguinzrcool420
My PS5 version works fine but PS4 doesn't load at all. And I like getting my adept trophies for both. Please fix been trying for 2 days now
It's morning of July 26th for me. I experienced the same issue when trying to get on at 9pm MTN on the 25th and it has persisted through the morning following the 7.1.0 update for the Nick Cage release. I also have a PS4, for which it sounds like the issue is isolated to since some have reported DBD working on PS5. Hoping a patch or some instruction to fix this is released soon. I saw one person mention the PS4 system update. In my case, I applied the PS4 update after the DBD 7.1.0 update had completed. My PSN ID is Coolcat_Kyle
Thank you - we don't need any more ID's on this.
Can someone grab me a video of it and upload it here please?
Tried, didn’t let me upload. It’s clearly happening. It looks the same as normal. The only difference is that it’s not loading in. Has been an issue for me all night. Very frustrating.
the reason we need the video is to narrow down our investigations - if we can see exactly where this is ocurring in the process it will help.
If there's any way you can get a video to me that would be great
The image isn't enough I'm afraid, as we need to see what's happening before that's failing.
I have a video and was able to get it below the required 50MB limit, but don't have a way to zip it up from my phone
:(
Forum response says that video file extensions aren't allowed. Just pictures and zip files.
I have a video on YouTube of it. I tried to upload the video but it won’t let me. Here’s the link to that video on yt https://youtu.be/7nPMm3XbDEk
I can try to upload a video, but it won’t be till around 6PM EST. Work from 7-5.
Can't upload mp4 so here's a zip
Dbd ps4 launch.zipyou utter star! Thank you!
Would like to add to this video (which captures this issue perfectly) that my PS4 system, and presumably everybody else’s, is updated to the most recent update available so that is not part of the issue. Thank you for looking into this Mandy!
thank you, I think we should be good - we have 2 videos now. But thank you so much for responding and trying to help, it's much appreciated.
thank you very much, that's super helpful <3
No problem
If you need a longer video of it (15 minutes max) lmk
I'll Make you a vidéo capture and create a private youtube link to watch it as soon as possible
Hi I registered here to report I'm having this same issue.
My platform is the PS4 Pro
PSN : NumberOneNobody
https://youtu.be/VM7axKa67DQ
I hope this can help you, hoping to have a return on the problem
I am understanding there are more videos circulating. I am only leaving a link ,via youtube ,to my case here. I hope this helps show something as well!
https://youtu.be/z3w4Q6eU6-4?si=qAnrwX3V1AxJs4dI
I am also having this problem.
My PS4 ID: KingzDodongo
Email: [email protected]
i am also having the same problem occur i have done everything from uninstalling restarting PS4 clearing cache
psn: PPAndMe
Just wanted to chime in, as someone who has both PS4 and PS5 versions of DBD installed on their PS5 console:
The PS4 version gets stuck on "Initialization Completed", while the PS5 version works just fine.
I did notice that in the PS5 version, after "Initialization Completed", the menu seamlessly fades into the Nicolas Cage chapter's opening. Usually I expect the opening to play before the menu but I guess it's different in this update. Seems to me like that PS4 version is failing to load the new opening? Just my two cents
Huge-equation1 I'm having the same issue
Huge-equation1
Im having the same issue but my PS4 ID is Drizzle_Gaming9 hopefully someone can help
The same for me my PSN is ghost-apple115
Has the problem been fixed yet? Currently been waiting since launch to play like you all. I also find it weird that i am able to fully load into the game using my brothers profile on my ps4 but when i go back to my profile to try to load in, it just gets stuck at the initialization completed part. Hope it’s fixed soon, if it hasn’t been yet )))))):
My game proceeds to load until the initialization completed screen pops up, the screen is stuck there from that point on
my PSN username is Earthquacke30
We have added a note to the top of the forums, and have confirmed on Twitter, that the issue is under investigation. Thanks for hanging in there in the meantime!
Dead by Daylight on Twitter: "We are currently investigating reports of initialization errors when launching the game on Playstation. Thank you for your patience - we'll let you know as soon as we have more information!" / Twitter
Also having this problem
I’m on ps5 and have the ps4 version of the game and mine has the same issue so I think the issue is with the ps4 edition of the game regardless of the system
I’m also experiencing this issue my PS4 ID is lexus9005
This has been happening to my ps4 I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebuilding my database, setting my time correct nothing has been working
My PSN is: duckz_r_k00l
My mail is: [email protected]
Still no news on the problem ?
2 days that many people are blocked and cannot enjoy the game, the time is starting to be long and frustrating :(
Can we have a feedback on the progress and on the resolution of this problem ?
thanks you for your work
hello,
still no news on the bug? it's been 2 days since we've been blocked and we can't enjoy the game, especially since we cannot enjoy new things.
can we have a feedback on the can we have a feedback on the progress and on the resolution of this problem ! x.x
thanks for your work !
The issue has been acknowledged and it's being investigated, the team tweeted about it yesterday and it's pinned at the top of the forums as well:
https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1684234673667424256Hopefully it gets solved soon!
I'm having this issue as well with PS4 and it's really frustrating. ID: YanaFroggin
@Mandy is there any update on this or any clue when it might be fixed? :(
I miss looping as Zarina :( hopefully we can have an update on this soon..
@Mandy any news on a fix? I payed for auric cells to get Nick Cage and Nemesis and I can’t even get into the game lmao.