Spine chill

So I've always ran spine chill due to having some hearing issues every so often. It helps me be aware of the killer more than the visual heartbeat does.

Since this new update Spine Chill has only seemed to light up when the killer is already right next to me pretty much and is no longer notifying me if the killer is nearby until it's too late.

Is this an update or is it bugged at the moment?

EDIT: so basically it is only letting you know once the killer is basically right next to you. Time to swap perks I think.

Comments

  • SC as it was helped us get awareness that we couldn’t get by other means because we can’t hear. I can’t hear the wraith’s bell, if it’s on my right side for example. And I can look around, yes, and I do, but it is always too late. So I can’t play against stealth killers now, I died too fast because I feel like in a void.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3497990#Comment_3497990

    You are sending me to a new perk with an auditory warning…

    Which, as I pointed out, you'd be looking to keep your eye on the icon to see if it goes on cooldown instead of listening for the auditory warning.

    @Gorgonia said:

    SC as it was helped us get awareness that we couldn’t get by other means because we can’t hear. I can’t hear the wraith’s bell, if it’s on my right side for example. And I can look around, yes, and I do, but it is always too late. So I can’t play against stealth killers now, I died too fast because I feel like in a void.

    I sympathise with you, but SC working through walls needs to stay gone. For you, it's an accessibility tool, but the same cannot be said for everyone.

  • It was interesting reading all the responses that this post got, I'm glad to see others with hearing impairments also used SC as a more accurate version of the heartbeat we now have.

    I will still stand by saying as a stealth killer main (ghostface) I've never had an issue with survivors running spine chill though as stated before that's my own experience so each to their own.

    I'm going to be completely open as someone who used it as an aid to know what was happening without having to be constantly turning my camera on a Gen I've actually struggled a lot more playing the game now as the visual heartbeat isn't helpful when it's killers with large terror radiuses.

    Now all honesty does this make me enjoy the game less? No absolutely not. However as it stands for me old SC before this update was an incredible aid when I can't hear much that's going on and it's sad to see it gone.

    I understand DBD aims to be a balanced game but from what I've seen SC was one of the few minor things to counter stealth killers (for example it lighting up regardless if they're in a certain radius of you).

    Thank you all for taking the time to discuss this topic and share opinions with myself and others!!

  • This is why so many stealth Killers have been popping up lately... That nerf to Spine Chill was brutal.. It's useless compared to what it used to be..

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3496202#Comment_3496202

    I started out as a killer main. I currently main survivor. I remember quite well how it was all but impossible to sneak up on survivors as Ghostface due to Spine Chill. Combine that with Sprint Burst, and the killer finds that the survivor(s) on that gen are long gone.

    Throw on Resilience, and now you've got vault speed build. You know what the counterplay was? Don't look at the survivor during chase. Approach gens without looking at the generator. That's not sufficient counterplay for a perk that merely requires the killer be looking in your general direction.

    Sadly I can't share this experience I main ghostface as killer and I've never ever had an issue with SC but as I said I can't speak for everyone on the matter.

  • I'm sure someone has mentioned it, but good news, the accessibility feature was moved as a basekit option under game options. Don't need a perk to visually see when the killer is near and roughly how close they are.

  • @Hex_this said:

    It was interesting reading all the responses that this post got, I'm glad to see others with hearing impairments also used SC as a more accurate version of the heartbeat we now have.

    I will still stand by saying as a stealth killer main (ghostface) I've never had an issue with survivors running spine chill though as stated before that's my own experience so each to their own.

    I'm going to be completely open as someone who used it as an aid to know what was happening without having to be constantly turning my camera on a Gen I've actually struggled a lot more playing the game now as the visual heartbeat isn't helpful when it's killers with large terror radiuses.

    Now all honesty does this make me enjoy the game less? No absolutely not. However as it stands for me old SC before this update was an incredible aid when I can't hear much that's going on and it's sad to see it gone.

    I understand DBD aims to be a balanced game but from what I've seen SC was one of the few minor things to counter stealth killers (for example it lighting up regardless if they're in a certain radius of you).

    Thank you all for taking the time to discuss this topic and share opinions with myself and others!!

    I think maybe using Alert could help, or Fogwise (but you’d need to pair it with Stakeout and Hyperfocus tbh) as stealth killers aren’t always in stealth unless they’re GF. And at that point.. well, he has an insta-down ability but if you can survive long enough in chase you might be ok.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3504852#Comment_3504852

    I think maybe using Alert could help, or Fogwise (but you’d need to pair it with Stakeout and Hyperfocus tbh) as stealth killers aren’t always in stealth unless they’re GF. And at that point.. well, he has an insta-down ability but if you can survive long enough in chase you might be ok.

    Tysm I'll give them a try!

1 2 ›