Why not matchmaking based on hours playing ?

i think this is a good idea ...

Comments

  • Because I have over 5000 hours and I still can't hit a red barn door with a Huntress hatchet.

  • I can’t even fathom how much will go wrong with a system like this. It will be way too easy to create a new account and be matched with people who literally just started the game.

  • Most of the time the high hour survivors play as if they let their friend, that's new to the game, play on their account...

  • I am approaching 2k hours and am an alright surv, but a terrible killer.

    Nope nope nope.

    If the current MMR was actually given a decent chance to do it's thing it would prolly be ok. We likely need some combination of the old emblems and a stricter MMR but since the community loudly proclaimed it favors queue times over quality, well, here we are.

  • @playhard said:

    i think this is a good idea ...

    Would be misery, even people with 8k hours sometimes just wanna kickback and chill. With this you really cant and queue times would just become awful once you hit a threshold and how do you balance this around a 4 man SWF where the range of hours would be drastic?

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    Because I have over 5000 hours and I still can't hit a red barn door with a Huntress hatchet.

    That made my day 🤣

  • Interesting take that could possibly work. But like one person mentioned people could create new accounts and go up against new players when them themselves aren't new at the game. I couldn't think of any major issues but it'd be better if they get the current match making system truly working for once. I know it's not an easy thing to do, even for huge studios with way more employees but the games been out for 7+ years and I've never seen it work properly.

    People have mentioned the new system is purely based on escaping/not escaping and 4ks/no 4k, which is a horrible system even it is working properly. There's so much else that goes into the average game.

  • You can waste 10000 hours and be garbage

  • @mikewelk said:

    Most of the time the high hour survivors play as if they let their friend, that's new to the game, play on their account...

    Me sometimes... but sometimes I actually play well.