Are flash bangs unavoidable when carrying a survivor?
a few times now when carrying a survivor i look up be for the bang and still get blined is it unavoidable when out in the open? Should i look down?
Tagged:
Mod
a few times now when carrying a survivor i look up be for the bang and still get blined is it unavoidable when out in the open? Should i look down?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Looking up seems to be pretty inconsistent. I just turn around and it works.
Keep an eye and ear out; unless done with near-perfect distance and timing to catch you in animation, you'll see the arm throw it downward and/or the metal "clink" of it hitting the ground, giving you a second to turn your gaze and avoid it. I've fortunately gotten somewhat decent at recognizing the sound and whipping 90-180 degrees to avoid it (I say somewhat decent because I have turned around 180 degrees to avoid one, but walked OVER the flashbang and got blinded that way ๐ )
Look down right at the flashbang, works 100% of the time!
they fly in the air when thrown at a hook so looking up isn't foolproof. you don't look down against fbangs either, that will i think always blind you, it's thrown on the ground, makes sense. just turn around and you'll be good
you need to look away entirely. Looking up can fail sometimes, and looking down is just throwing. Do a 180 and you should be ok, while looking op for extra safety
Thanks all
I have been blinded by a flashbang while looking up once, but I was basically standing on the damn thing. I guess its proximity based and if you are standing from it, your poor, sensitive killer-eyes just are too close to the epicentre of the dreadful light. In every other case looking up saved me, though.
Yeah I've only been flashbanged once. They're much easier to avoid than flashlights for me, I cannot escape being flash saved.