What are yall thinking with MFT?

Survivors get free movement for the killers doing their job? Seriously bhvr? Stop sacrificing gameplay for sales just so you can nerf perks after everyone buys your content. You think we don't see it but we do. Poorly designed perk. No interaction on survivors end and does way too much

Comments

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3480822#Comment_3480822

    Explain.

    And please don't come up with straight line calculations now because that's not how you play killer. You don't brainlessly walk after survivors in a straight line.

    It doesn't need to be in straight line.

    Btw yes you do.

    After you hit a survivor with basic attack, survivor runs in straight line away from you. Until you get near loop, there is not much else you can do other than drop chase if loop is too strong.

    Btw that distance is about 14 meters.

    From just 14 meters will MFT give you 2.8 meters, which is 5.8 seconds.

    With simple calculation Lithe give you 4,2 meters of extra distance after those 3 seconds of running. That's 7 seconds

    Lithe 7 seconds is maximum, can be less if you screwed it. That's it, once per chase.

    MFT 5.8 seconds is not maximum. You keep getting more distance. If you get into window or pallet, you easily pass Lithe effectiveness.

    Btw from 14 meters it will take 29 seconds for killer to catch you. You will reach pallet or window during that time. It's less in reality because bloodlust, but I will not get real number without writing it down and I can't be bothered.

    It's funny you don't like straight line, because on round loops MFT is even more effective.

    Lithe has different purpose anyway. MFT is closer to Overcome, but better.

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3481030#Comment_3481030

    It doesn't need to be in straight line.

    Btw yes you do.

    After you hit a survivor with basic attack, survivor runs in straight line away from you. Until you get near loop, there is not much else you can do other than drop chase if loop is too strong.

    Btw that distance is about 14 meters.

    From just 14 meters will MFT give you 2.8 meters, which is 5.8 seconds.

    With simple calculation Lithe give you 4,2 meters of extra distance after those 3 seconds of running. That's 7 seconds

    Lithe 7 seconds is maximum, can be less if you screwed it. That's it, once per chase.

    MFT 5.8 seconds is not maximum. You keep getting more distance. If you get into window or pallet, you easily pass Lithe effectiveness.

    Btw from 14 meters it will take 29 seconds for killer to catch you. You will reach pallet or window during that time. It's less in reality because bloodlust, but I will not get real number without writing it down and I can't be bothered.

    It's funny you don't like straight line, because on round loops MFT is even more effective.

    Lithe has different purpose anyway. MFT is closer to Overcome, but better.

    That's not exactly what I mean.

    As killer you want to pick and drop chases depending on the survivor's position and health state.

    You find a good looper who keeps 99-ing sprint burst all game near a loop? Not a chance you will get them quickly especially if they're at full health.

    You find a "pesky MFT gamer" injured on a corner-generstor? MFT won't allow them to reach a strong loop if you cut their way off. 3% won't change that.

    I face MFT gamers like anyone else and yes I notice it takes a little longer to catch up if I brainlessly follow them from a distance yet I feel like they are never as hard to catch as someone who loops well at full health then proceeds to extent said chase with Balanced Landing, 99'd Sprint Burst or even Lithe allowing them to stay at full health even longer whereas MFT will never help them stay healthy in the first place.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3481095#Comment_3481095

    That's not exactly what I mean.

    As killer you want to pick and drop chases depending on the survivor's position and health state.

    You find a good looper who keeps 99-ing sprint burst all game near a loop? Not a chance you will get them quickly especially if they're at full health.

    You find a "pesky MFT gamer" injured on a corner-generstor? MFT won't allow them to reach a strong loop if you cut their way off. 3% won't change that.

    I face MFT gamers like anyone else and yes I notice it takes a little longer to catch up if I brainlessly follow them from a distance yet I feel like they are never as hard to catch as someone who loops well at full health then proceeds to extent said chase with Balanced Landing, 99'd Sprint Burst or even Lithe allowing them to stay at full health even longer whereas MFT will never help them stay healthy in the first place.

    Well, maybe because MFT has different purpose than Sprint Burst or Lithe.

    Those are used to get you out of Deadzone fast.

    You don't use MFT for that. MFT is closer to Overcome imo by it's function, but simply way better.

    This is like saying Resilience is bad, because it gives you less distance than SB. Those perks simply don't have same purpose.

    MFT mainly works really well with other chase perks and iron will.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    It's in line with other exhaustion perks, not a big deal.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/S0ATDUTV4186/7seqjs.jpg

    I mean, mft and dramaturgy quite literally are old dh tho

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3481002#Comment_3481002

    Sure, but BHVR thinks that movement is fine.

    There is absolutely no reason for this perk to have second part.

    sure but second part could be useful vs slugging. you can bodyblock for your teammate.

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3481030#Comment_3481030

    It doesn't need to be in straight line.

    Btw yes you do.

    After you hit a survivor with basic attack, survivor runs in straight line away from you. Until you get near loop, there is not much else you can do other than drop chase if loop is too strong.

    Btw that distance is about 14 meters.

    From just 14 meters will MFT give you 2.8 meters, which is 5.8 seconds.

    With simple calculation Lithe give you 4,2 meters of extra distance after those 3 seconds of running. That's 7 seconds

    Lithe 7 seconds is maximum, can be less if you screwed it. That's it, once per chase.

    MFT 5.8 seconds is not maximum. You keep getting more distance. If you get into window or pallet, you easily pass Lithe effectiveness.

    Btw from 14 meters it will take 29 seconds for killer to catch you. You will reach pallet or window during that time. It's less in reality because bloodlust, but I will not get real number without writing it down and I can't be bothered.

    It's funny you don't like straight line, because on round loops MFT is even more effective.

    Lithe has different purpose anyway. MFT is closer to Overcome, but better.

    I think the problem is that you're not evaluating Sprint Burst, Lithe, etc. the same way that you evaluate MFT.

    You, and many others who complain about MFT, assume that MFT will get you to a pallet or window you otherwise would not have reached, which in turn extends the chase by X seconds, therefore making the perk OP.

    Other exhaustion perks do the EXACT SAME THING but are discussed as if their value ends with however much distance they allow a survivor to gain--7 seconds, as you mentioned with Lithe.

    Lithe does not grant a Survivor a maximum of 7 seconds, just as MFT does not grant a maximum of 5.8 seconds. In the right hands, they both have potential to extend chase for serious amounts of time. They also both have the potential to grant a Survivor zero benefit in chase. A Survivor with Lithe can be downed as they are vaulting a window, and a Survivor with MFT can be zoned and downed without a tile to loop around.


    With a Killer roster full of stealth, mobility, and range abilities, short bursts of speed is far more valuable to Survivors than haste.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3481075#Comment_3481075

    sure but second part could be useful vs slugging. you can bodyblock for your teammate.

    Yeah, then use buffed buckle up. This perk doesn't need it for sure.

  • @NerfDHalready said:

    it needs a set total amount of time it can be active, like lucky break. currently it's unnecessarily free. and i really wonder who thought the haste wasn't enough and suggested adding an endurance effect.

    They just want to sell content. They'll nerf it later after they lose more of their playerbase

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3481095#Comment_3481095

    I think the problem is that you're not evaluating Sprint Burst, Lithe, etc. the same way that you evaluate MFT.

    You, and many others who complain about MFT, assume that MFT will get you to a pallet or window you otherwise would not have reached, which in turn extends the chase by X seconds, therefore making the perk OP.

    Other exhaustion perks do the EXACT SAME THING but are discussed as if their value ends with however much distance they allow a survivor to gain--7 seconds, as you mentioned with Lithe.

    Lithe does not grant a Survivor a maximum of 7 seconds, just as MFT does not grant a maximum of 5.8 seconds. In the right hands, they both have potential to extend chase for serious amounts of time. They also both have the potential to grant a Survivor zero benefit in chase. A Survivor with Lithe can be downed as they are vaulting a window, and a Survivor with MFT can be zoned and downed without a tile to loop around.

    With a Killer roster full of stealth, mobility, and range abilities, short bursts of speed is far more valuable to Survivors than haste.

    Lithe and Sprint Burst have limited effect so you are sure it can't get out of hand.

    MFT doesn't have it.

    Top killers don't care that much about MFT, but it's still good.

    MFT gets into broken level only against few killers.

    I don't know about you, but I still find it an issue. That's same as when perk is oppressive against soloQ, but ok against SWF (eruption).

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3481379#Comment_3481379

    Lithe and Sprint Burst have limited effect so you are sure it can't get out of hand.

    MFT doesn't have it.

    Top killers don't care that much about MFT, but it's still good.

    MFT gets into broken level only against few killers.

    I don't know about you, but I still find it an issue. That's same as when perk is oppressive against soloQ, but ok against SWF (eruption).

    Lithe and Sprint Burst have limited effect so you are sure it can't get out of hand. MFT doesn't have it.

    Right, and as such MFT is less of a bail-out perk and more of a flat buff to Survivor. I personally do not see that as a problem--they are two different approaches to design, each with their own upsides and downsides.


    Without a doubt, it is the strongest perk to be released since Boon: Circle of Healing. Currently, I lean towards it being one of the most balanced perks BHVR has ever released, barring the synergy with Hope (Hope needs a nerf, so they can explore Haste effects more) and the M1 Killers who were already struggling before this perk's release.

    I totally understand people's concerns for MFT, but I think they are slightly misplaced. Granted, I don't blame people for calling on a perk to be nerfed when Killer's seem to be reworked once a blue moon.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3481626#Comment_3481626

    Lithe and Sprint Burst have limited effect so you are sure it can't get out of hand. MFT doesn't have it.

    Right, and as such MFT is less of a bail-out perk and more of a flat buff to Survivor. I personally do not see that as a problem--they are two different approaches to design, each with their own upsides and downsides.

    Without a doubt, it is the strongest perk to be released since Boon: Circle of Healing. Currently, I lean towards it being one of the most balanced perks BHVR has ever released, barring the synergy with Hope (Hope needs a nerf, so they can explore Haste effects more) and the M1 Killers who were already struggling before this perk's release.

    I totally understand people's concerns for MFT, but I think they are slightly misplaced. Granted, I don't blame people for calling on a perk to be nerfed when Killer's seem to be reworked once a blue moon.

    I mean, if they buff killers who struggle most, then I couldn't care less about MFT.

    But they said Trapper and Myers are fine, so I am not positive about that...

    I don't really care about MFT when I play Oni. Doesn't work when insta down and don't mind them staying injured...

    But when you have perk that makes people stop playing certain killers, I simply don't think it's good design.

    I can't be bothered to deal with MFT as Legion. MFT and resilience basically makes Legion's counterplay way better and more players are likely to do it.

    I changed from Legion to Skully and Wraith. If I notice 4x MFT (I have no idea how anyone can say they don't see a difference), then I show them 3-gen power. When I suffer, they will suffer.

  • @arthurrz said:

    can we all move on and just agree MFT is perfect the way it is? main killers used to complain about survivors using the same perks always and always, and now survs are using new builds and ppl still complaining?

    So instead of using same old perks always and always, survivor would use same new perks always and always, and somehow that's a good thing?

    I don't get that logic really.

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3481043#Comment_3481043

    I mean, mft and dramaturgy quite literally are old dh tho

    You are quite literally not using literally correctly, and also proving my point.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3481350#Comment_3481350

    You are quite literally not using literally correctly, and also proving my point.

    true but they do quite literally have the same problem as old dh lol

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3482044#Comment_3482044

    true but they do quite literally have the same problem as old dh lol

    Just because a perk has value during a chase, doesn't mean it's a problem. No, the meme exhaustion roulette perk and the barely noticeable speed increase for half a chase perk are not problems.

    7sj4h0.jpg


  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3482046#Comment_3482046

    Just because a perk has value during a chase, doesn't mean it's a problem. No, the meme exhaustion roulette perk and the barely noticeable speed increase for half a chase perk are not problems.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Y6ZSBHDCJHC5/7sj4h0.jpg

    Yeah, they are problems, free distance whenever you want, that's old dh :) but ok, let's pretend I'm calling it old dh just because it gives value during a chase and not bc of the actual similarity lol

  • Tbh I like it because it makes you fast. Similar to people who love to use Shadowborn or Billy/Blight because they like how fast it feels.

    Is the perk op? No.

    Is it unbalanced? Certainly.

    Does it need a nerf? Yes but how?

    It helps survivors extending chases and provides some sick gameplay with the endurance mechanic. You could remove the endurance but then the perk is boring. Remove the speed and the perk is nerfed to the ground.

    The problem is, is that MFT like all other survivor perks can be in a match 4 times and affects the other 3 by giving them more time doing gens while you get chased. The combination with Hope makes it impossible for 110% killers and almost impossible for 115% killers to get you in the end-game. This leads to more tunneling to end the match before the last Gen pops.

    MFT is not easy to balance as many aspects of the game are influenced with it.

    @JdoHybrid428 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3479762#Comment_3479762

    I think that would be a cool change to it. Giving it a way of charging up. What popped in my head was healing downed survivors bc it would synergize with the perk.

    That sounds interesting.

  • Just stop.

    Ask for buffs to counter, do what I did, learn how to play more efficiently and use things to counter it.

    I do that to the stuff killers run and have no problem.

    Enough with nagging for nerfs because one can't win. Just improve. I used to die within seconds after being found, now I can kite for a long time, with and without MFT. I just learned how to play. O.o

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3482046#Comment_3482046

    Just because a perk has value during a chase, doesn't mean it's a problem. No, the meme exhaustion roulette perk and the barely noticeable speed increase for half a chase perk are not problems.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Y6ZSBHDCJHC5/7sj4h0.jpg

    The problem is that it gives huge value with no downside and makes it harder for the 110 killers to do anything just for injuring a survivor. Ever been looped around a tall rock with no pallet against a 100% speed survivor as a hag?

  • It is the new Dead Hard. Another broken perk.

  • @Davenport916 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3482054#Comment_3482054

    The problem is that it gives huge value with no downside and makes it harder for the 110 killers to do anything just for injuring a survivor. Ever been looped around a tall rock with no pallet against a 100% speed survivor as a hag?

    Plenty of perks give value with no downside. That's why we call them perks and not..."sometimes detrimental traits". And it does have downsides in that you can't use it with other exhaustion perks or when healthy.

    The endurance part seems tacked on and unnecessary. I didn't even realize it existed for the first couple days and thought people were running Dead Hard again. That part could go.

    If the haste part gets touched its a dead perk.

    Why would I chase someone with Hag when I could just spam traps at intersections and mindlessly scroll wheel my way to victory?

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3482620#Comment_3482620

    Plenty of perks give value with no downside. That's why we call them perks and not..."sometimes detrimental traits". And it does have downsides in that you can't use it with other exhaustion perks or when healthy.

    The endurance part seems tacked on and unnecessary. I didn't even realize it existed for the first couple days and thought people were running Dead Hard again. That part could go.

    If the haste part gets touched its a dead perk.

    Why would I chase someone with Hag when I could just spam traps at intersections and mindlessly scroll wheel my way to victory?

    Because they will simply get back and remove your trap, or just go old school on trigger it on purpose from max distance.

    While Hag can't catch them...

1 2 ›