Seriously killer is just not fun

I'm sorry but explain why it is that one good match means constant borage of nothing but high skill survivors also saying "survivor level doesn't matter" it kinda does the number of times I've entered lobbies and was having to go against a level 100 survivor I'm sorry but no survivor level does matter because it means their extremely skilled so no matter what I will lobby dodge because that survivor level means that oh your going to have a not fun time. I'll even know when I lost if I have four hooks and two gens are left yeah no then I already lost. Out of every possible version of matchmaking the game had here's how I rank them best to worst.

1. Skill based matchmaking(PTB)

2. Rank matchmaking

3. Skill based matchmaking(Live)

I just want to know what happened to Skill based matchmaking because the PTB version was good I faced people my skill level and had fun now all it is, is just countless times as killer high skilled survivors no matter the time of day, how many breaks or even bad marches I have. For survivor it's a mix bag but still at least a good bag I have bad teams but I can get good teams or I get good killers(skill level) or I get killers that just want to slug and camp. Playing killer now is just a massive chore of not trying to get frustrated over how the game thinks "oh yeah he can definitely face a P100, a P78 and two P14". While playing survivor is like a mine field of mainly what type of match am I going to have.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3475356#Comment_3475356

    Hens literally says the players are functionally at the same skill level.

    https://youtu.be/pKpNNKC8gzk?t=34

    He got 8 hooks and 2 Kills against a full meta squad with GHOSTFACE on a meh map.

    That's literally balanced on one of the weakest Killers.

    I’ll echo what someone else in here said, which is that 2k is not a win under any circumstances.

    I’ll add my own two cents as well: if I sweat my brow off and only get a 2k, then that makes me feel like not playing anymore. I am not satisfied with a 2k, regardless of who I am facing. If I made mistakes, then fair enough, but DBD makes it nearly impossible to get 3-4k against good squads. In order to do that you have to play defensive by using some form of proxy camping and tunneling, which is also not fun.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3475371#Comment_3475371

    I’ll echo what someone else in here said, which is that 2k is not a win under any circumstances.

    I’ll add my own two cents as well: if I sweat my brow off and only get a 2k, then that makes me feel like not playing anymore. I am not satisfied with a 2k, regardless of who I am facing. If I made mistakes, then fair enough, but DBD makes it nearly impossible to get 3-4k against good squads. In order to do that you have to play defensive by using some form of proxy camping and tunneling, which is also not fun.

    Exactly my point of view.

  • I have completely given up on this event because all I see are three plus tool boxes in every single lobby, genrush meta is so boring, I'm so sick of it and I'm just not having fun anymore. At this point it feels like a complete waste of time to keep playing killer, which for me means it's a complete waste of time to keep playing this game.

  • @Frogsplosion said:

    I have completely given up on this event because all I see are three plus tool boxes in every single lobby, genrush meta is so boring, I'm so sick of it and I'm just not having fun anymore. At this point it feels like a complete waste of time to keep playing killer, which for me means it's a complete waste of time to keep playing this game.

    Yes, the game has become a chore to play for both sides, there are pretty much no fun trials anymore, many things are too strong or too weak and nothing feels fair, skill ceiling has been dropped down to the floor and i have a ton of exemples :

    • so many pallets on mnost map that you can waste them
    • no flashlight save timing anymore
    • Clown that can spam its bottles (i mean, you do not want the players to need good aim for the bottle ? A 3 seconds cool down should exist here)
    • Nemesis can spam its power as well
    • Syringue, BNP, Antiseptic etc...
    • Hold W META

    Well too many things not requiring any skill at all, it is just "press a button for dummies" now.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3475371#Comment_3475371

    I’ll echo what someone else in here said, which is that 2k is not a win under any circumstances.

    I’ll add my own two cents as well: if I sweat my brow off and only get a 2k, then that makes me feel like not playing anymore. I am not satisfied with a 2k, regardless of who I am facing. If I made mistakes, then fair enough, but DBD makes it nearly impossible to get 3-4k against good squads. In order to do that you have to play defensive by using some form of proxy camping and tunneling, which is also not fun.

    fortunately for you and every other killer main you aren’t really facing ‘good squads’ often, as much survivors are low to mid MMR solo queue. Lol

  • @UnavailableName said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3475371#Comment_3475371

    Full META squad of random :) and he got 2 kills which is not a win.

    Where does hesay random players?

    He literally says they are directly comparable to comp players.


    I'm not sure if you know this, but a 50% Kill Rate is called balanced.

  • @UnavailableName said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3475370#Comment_3475370

    I dunno what is the most funny in what you say.

    I don't know if you are trolling or not actually as i cannot believe that someone with thousands of hours here can genuinely believe that the game is balanced...

    Also, old DH and old DS have been replaced by MFT and OTR now, those perks are nearly as strong, MFT is even stronger than old DH in many situations.

    Once again, when i play soloQ, i escape 50% of the time and in my lobbies it is not rare that we get 3 escapes.

    In SWF, well pretty much all trials are 3E on my side... unless the killer is tunneling and we decide to play altruistic. And my SWF is not the best at all. My previous SWF was unbeatable.

    Well, you should really play killer a lot to see how unwinnable are the games against good survivors.

    Win streak on Nurse and Blight... ok, bad faith here as i have said tier A or lower killer. You bring S-tier killers here... And your Oni win streak, no way it happened in the current META ;)

    The Oni streak is on-going. Look up MomoSeventh, he holds both Blight and Oni. There's a Wraith who hasn't lost in over a year as well, he featured in one of Otz's new videos, iirc.


    Yeah, no, OTR and MFT aren't even close to DS and DH. That's just recency bias.


    I literally am a killer main. Practically all I play is Killer.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3475371#Comment_3475371

    I’ll echo what someone else in here said, which is that 2k is not a win under any circumstances.

    I’ll add my own two cents as well: if I sweat my brow off and only get a 2k, then that makes me feel like not playing anymore. I am not satisfied with a 2k, regardless of who I am facing. If I made mistakes, then fair enough, but DBD makes it nearly impossible to get 3-4k against good squads. In order to do that you have to play defensive by using some form of proxy camping and tunneling, which is also not fun.

    So you take one of the weakest Killers (before his recent buffs) and throw him against a COMP team with no restrictions who run full meta on a map that isn't good for you...you need to have realistic expectations. You cannot reasonably expect to get a 12-hook 4K.

    A 2K with 8 hooks is an astoundingly good result for that set-up. Even in one of the worst scenarios, Killers are still getting 2K's with a lot of hooks.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Pulsar

    Some people on this forum can't comprehend how anyone could actually be good at the game because if they're struggling then of course the game must be unbalanced and everyone is struggling.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3475848#Comment_3475848

    So you take one of the weakest Killers (before his recent buffs) and throw him against a COMP team with no restrictions who run full meta on a map that isn't good for you...you need to have realistic expectations. You cannot reasonably expect to get a 12-hook 4K.

    A 2K with 8 hooks is an astoundingly good result for that set-up. Even in one of the worst scenarios, Killers are still getting 2K's with a lot of hooks.

    2k feels like a loss. The context doesn’t matter.

  • That's a completely subjective idea.


    A 2K is, factually, a draw.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476015#Comment_3476015

    That's a completely subjective idea.

    A 2K is, factually, a draw.

    Except that you are touting that ghostface game as if it’s a huge win.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3476017#Comment_3476017

    Except that you are touting that ghostface game as if it’s a huge win.

    Context matters.


    You take a weak Killer and put them in a worst-case scenario and they tie.


    That's a huge sign that, at the very least, the game isn't Survivor-sided.

  • @Rylitos said:

    I dunno what game you playing killers 4k 95% of the games now.Not sure why BHVR holding the killer's hands now?I saw a dude who never played this game stream him killing 2 people when he didn't know how to pick people up.Im done dumping money into this rubble of trash and supporting this game

    Of course a guy who's never played will manage to 2k. He's playing with survivors as clueless as he is. When the survivors barely understand what a generator is and have no clue how to loop or how pallets are useful and should actually be used, they're easy targets even for new killers.

1 2 3 ›