They better not nerf blight

I know everyone and their grandma voted for his nerf. Insane to me. I'll play nothing but blight until they do now. You did this to yourself survivors. We can't have anything strong in a 1v4 game. Stop balancing around weak players BHVR. It's not how you do things in video games. You're doing it backwards

Comments

  • @Davenport916 said:

    I know everyone and their grandma voted for his nerf. Insane to me. I'll play nothing but blight until they do now. You did this to yourself survivors. We can't have anything strong in a 1v4 game. Stop balancing around weak players BHVR. It's not how you do things in video games. You're doing it backwards

    its not blight itself its his add ons

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3468250#Comment_3468250

    Yeah Kinda basing it off of Ghosties Recharge. Given that like Ghostie, he can use his Power to get closer to Survivors (in this case through sheer speed, which also allows faster map traversal), in addition to being able to use his Power to get downs in loops where other Killers couldn't (whereas Ghostie is about Lethality through Exposed to get an immediate down).

    Which he did get the recharge for shroud reduced to 24s, so taking into consideration that Blight can also use his Power for map Traversal, but also doesn't cause exposed necessitating it to be used in chase, might mean that 24s might also be a decent target instead of 50s, so maybe 5s each Token instead.

    Nerfing recharge is one of the worst ways to do it. Since its already fine but even if it could "balance" the killer by nerfing his recharge it would still be feels bad since you would just not be using your power.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3470698#Comment_3470698

    Blight is a more complex killer to learn how to counter. Being new does not give grounds to call for a nerf or rework for a killer. You just have to learn how he works, and understand that you cannot just hold W like all new players do.

    As for the streak, it was more of a showcase of how strong that current meta and hard tunneling was at the time, along with how the MMR doesn’t work that great.

    I’ve been playing since 2017 and I can promise you blights only counted is a 4man comp swf on coms which isn’t fair for the new players your talking about blight 100% needs to be nerfed everything about that killer is horrible design if you don’t agree you don’t play survivor at a high level simple goodbye

  • The only change Blight needs is the removal/rework of the alchemist ring.

  • @BlightNeedsRework said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3470702#Comment_3470702

    I’ve been playing since 2017 and I can promise you blights only counted is a 4man comp swf on coms which isn’t fair for the new players your talking about blight 100% needs to be nerfed everything about that killer is horrible design if you don’t agree you don’t play survivor at a high level simple goodbye

    Ok

  • Only his add ons should be nerfed, his base kit is fine as it is.

    His add ons should function more like Wesker’s where they don’t modify his power too much.

  • @BlightNeedsRework said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3470702#Comment_3470702

    I’ve been playing since 2017 and I can promise you blights only counted is a 4man comp swf on coms which isn’t fair for the new players your talking about blight 100% needs to be nerfed everything about that killer is horrible design if you don’t agree you don’t play survivor at a high level simple goodbye

    "Been playing since 2017"

    '1 post'

    'Name saying blight needs a rework'

    Ok, sure buddy 🤣

  • Oh they most certainly will. If they homenogized medkits and made them boring, along with many other extreme nerfs, this character has it long coming.


  • @nars said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3470382#Comment_3470382

    • even on those close range loops you can still just drop the pallet. And even in all those scenarios where you described how blight can hit you even if you run away, you can just outplay him?? Run around a bumby object and he cant hug tech to get you. Consistently break LOS after he tries a hug tech and he'll have to do more rushes. 360 him, abuse slow turn rate, there is so much you can do.
    • Just because you dont commonly run into survivors who actually can counter a good blight doesnt mean the counters arent there. Just because most players dont understand how do to it doesnt warrant nerfs. You admit that in about 10% of your matches survivors do understand and apply effective counterplay. the other 90% just dont know how, that doesnt mean its not there. I never claimed to face god loopers, but in at least 50% of my matches the survivors are at least decent. They dont know the crazy techs to counter me but they at least get the basics. And once again, if the counterplay is there and effective, the issue is the players and not the killer. Hes only a free 3-4k when the survivors are bad against him. In those games with the good survivors, I'd imagine it sits at about 2-3k.
    • Yeah you can fall back on normal bump logic if they outplay the hug tech. At which point its equal footing to outplay each other. Its not go for hug tech -> miss --> bump something -> rush until you hit them. They can still dodge, reach another pallet, circle an object, vault, 360.
    • I disagree that all S tiers should be nerfed. Blights probably their best designed killer, in all his buggy glory. And nurse (while much more controversial) is in a decent spot right now and is beatable if you know how to do it. Obviously both are soloQ crushers but thats more of an issue with soloQ since pretty much every killer can 4k 4 solos.
    • If we were gonna nerf his basekit, 4.4 and having tokens recharge only after the pallet stun are the only acceptable nerfs imo. They would force you to use power more which is good, but it would lessen the opportunities you get to use it which is kinda bad. Most blights just use their power for every single hit anyways so this would just be a direct nerf to all blight players. I'd hate to see it happen but if we were forced to choose this would be it for me.
    • I dont think having more tools in blights kit is bad. As long as they arent broken which in most peoples opinion hug tech is not. It increases the variety you have in chase on both sides making it more interesting. I see it like flashlights, more options that are impactful yet counterable.

    First point Just run away/outplay him - Ok, I'll run away at 4.0 away from his 9.2! That is super easy and not map reliant at all! /s Also I listed a single loop type where the presence of bug tech makes counterplay impossible. That isn't listing all the possible loop permutations and scenarios where there is meaningful counterplay and others where the meaningful counterplay is how much longer it takes to get downed or getting downed further away from a hook to delay the hook to buy the team as much time as possible.

    Second point coupled with third point Most people suck against him isn't a reason to nerf + bump logic outplay - I thought the design philosophy of not balancing around the extremes (both high and low) makes that the exact reason to nerf him. If most people die quickly, not only babies, then he is currently overpowering and deserving of nerfs. I think its ok to have a good power that shortens chase times, I just think all things combined make his shortened times too short. Heck, even if running away the Survivor tries to reach the pallet, Blight just breaks the pallet (while recharging power) and gets the hit if they don't drop it. That's at least my experience on both ends with Blight. His chase power is so oppressive and his mobility among the best in the game, he can win too easily from that pressure and no perks alone.

    Fourth (mixed) point S tiers shouldn't be nerfed+Blight best designed Killer - That is just difference of opinion on both facets. I think no S/D tier killer should exist at either extreme of power, so I would want (significant) buffs to Myers/Trapper just as much as I want nerfs to Nurse/Blight (Or a killer ban as Survivor at a rate of 1 ban per 5 killers released). As far as best designed I feel Wesker is better in the average case (each realm of strength) with a couple of issues. I dislike Wesker's tunnel potential, and would make infection not progress off hook until a conspicuous action occurs, and also not have a Spray reveal Killer Instinct with that same conspicuous action clause. Also maybe his slowdown is a bit much, but well enough rounded overall. In addition his bug abuses are equally a problem as Blight's, such as grabbing people mid vault instead of slapping them, or the bug 'techs' discovered. Also maybe Demo could be in the best designed category if he could recycle portals (delete the oldest to set a new one like Hag traps or Singularity cameras) and didn't take so long to set them up (maybe even instantly plop them down, maybe at the cost of them always being visible instead of needing to use them first).

    Fifth point basekit nerfs - 4.4 plus power pallet fatigue not recharging tokens seems enough to keep him more than powerful enough, and just enough to notch him down to a solid A tier instead of a broken S tier. I don't want to hard delete him from the game, just see him toned down a bit.

    Final point - I think more tools in the kit is bad when they can be used in combination with one another in order to get the strengths of both and the weaknesses of neither. Again that's why I said it would be fine if you could bug tech only if you commit with a swing. I have the same problem with Oni sprinting and swinging backwards. The strength of sprinting with that speed with an instadown is coupled with the risk of only swinging in the frontal 180 degrees, and bug abusing to swing behind doesn't match the risk/reward ratio previously established. If it is possible to swing behind in sprint as Oni, then the backwards swings shouldn't get the instadown benefit since it took away too much of the momentum or some such explanation.

    @Laurie268 said:

    Blight should not be 4.6 speed imo, he should mostly get hits using his power. Also his tokens should take almost double the time to replenish + addon nerfs. It’s insane how many people give up at 5 gens in my matches when they see it’s a blight, these nerfs should make him less oppressive

    I think 4s/token would be too far, but I would be willing to test 2.5s/charge in a PTB to see how it feels. I think 3s/charge would be the furthest you could nerf it while still keeping the Killer 'playable' and that's coming from someone who wants to see him nerfed. Def agree on add-on nerfs, as its crazy to see add-ons like increase Clown gas spread by 20%, or increase Killer Instinct for 1s on Pyramid Head trails, at the same rarity as Adrenaline Vial. Or Compound 33 even existing with both Hindered and Overcharged pallet breaks. Especially since he gets 1.5s break with basekit 2s/token recovery and Wesker's equivalent add-on is a 2s break with basekit ~6s token recovery (6s a token, but it takes .5 less seconds per infected Surv).

    @ladybirds said:

    I'm new to dbd. I would like to see blight nerfed. Some of us get these blights that know everything and it makes it not fun to see everyone downed before a save can happen. This hug tech sounds more like a bug or exploit. Gens can't get done if he can be there 2 seconds after he hooks someone unless in rare cases we have a really good person looping him and blight chooses to chase longer. I also seen something about a 1000 win streak with blight... that shouldn't be possible??? How do you think that's balanced and okay? So yeah blight should be nerfed or completely reworked.

    To be fair to the 1k winstreak, the player explicitly mentioned they were abusing design flaws around tunneling off hook and early killing of Survivors to essentially get free wins. It was more a showcase of what the devs should fix around the core of the game, and this Killer specifically can abuse those flaws to the extreme. Other Killers can also abuse those same design flaws (to varying degrees of efficiency, such as Wesker being above average at it) as well.

    Hug tech specifically is a bug/exploit that came from when the Blight released he used to have a crotch height camera. When they fixed the camera height there was a check for collision based on his waist and his camera, and making them separate disjointed the 2 collision checks and allows for bug tech (as I call it, to be more true to its nature). Sadly (and fortunately in some rare cases) (ab)using known bugs is not bannable, so you have to just get used to many of these in various Killer's repertoires.

  • @GensByDaylight said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3470750#Comment_3470750

    "Been playing since 2017"

    '1 post'

    'Name saying blight needs a rework'

    Ok, sure buddy 🤣

    Lurkers exist, as do people who never post until the straw breaks the camel's back. That is very fair and healthy suspicion though, as I would have expected a post far sooner. Nothing in this patch specifically makes Blight any worse than he has been for the longest time.

1 2 ›