How is blight good?

I understand that I'm probably just ass with him but he slides off of 90% of the things he hits and then you loose your ability so fast because you can't control were the hell he goes, he's just feels really buggy and overall just bad to play as. Please fix the goddamn hotboxes, this is a issue for a lot of killers and had been for years

Comments

  • As a blight main, I sympathize. His collision is so funky and always changing. There are many maps that make his power borderline unusable.

    I hope you can still through and learn him, because when he’s fun, he’s really fun. But when he’s bad, he’s really bad and it’s unfun.

  • He's super hard killer, but (arguably - nurse exists) also the strongest. If you make him easier ("fix" his collisions), he most definitely needs huge nerf.

    Think about what you actually want out of him

  • @HugTechLover said:

    As a blight main, I sympathize. His collision is so funky and always changing. There are many maps that make his power borderline unusable.

    I hope you can still through and learn him, because when he’s fun, he’s really fun. But when he’s bad, he’s really bad and it’s unfun.

    I'm assuming you play your Blight with a mouse so I have questions.

    How is he to play on the venerable Swamp realm? I seem to remember there being lots of awful slides all over those maps, and the sloped borders along the edges messed with me on controller too. But it's been a while since I played Blight.

  • It comes with experience. Typically, anything thats a flat surface and is as tall as your camera can be bumped. Anything thats really lumpy or round or really short you'll probably slide off of. Hes really disorienting at first because you have to flick back to the survivor to rush after a bump, but you get used to it. Hes really snnoying on ormond though, slides off of like... everything.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    As a blight main, I sympathize. His collision is so funky and always changing. There are many maps that make his power borderline unusable.

    I hope you can still through and learn him, because when he’s fun, he’s really fun. But when he’s bad, he’s really bad and it’s unfun.

    Yeah after my first game I got a 4K lol, but I found that your completely right, my first game was on Yamkia estate (probably butchered that) and learning how to use his ability was really difficult, but after a few other games on various other maps (with better hitboxes) when I got Yamkia again it wasn't as hard and when I slid off of stuff instead of loosing my ability, I figured out that I needed to just hit something and try to hit the survivor instead of trying to follow through. (Could have also just been a different version of it witch was better for me lol) but I also got really lucky on that game and was able to kill two of them basically before a gen even popped, (got them on second hook) after two gens popped I just put them on a hook and was able to kill them. After that it was pretty easy to find the remaining two cus of nowhere to hide, so I probably just got really lucky with that one lol

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3464210#Comment_3464210

    I'm assuming you play your Blight with a mouse so I have questions.

    How is he to play on the venerable Swamp realm? I seem to remember there being lots of awful slides all over those maps, and the sloped borders along the edges messed with me on controller too. But it's been a while since I played Blight.

    Yea I’m not a fan of the swamp maps. The collision is quite poop.

    @nars said:

    It comes with experience. Typically, anything thats a flat surface and is as tall as your camera can be bumped. Anything thats really lumpy or round or really short you'll probably slide off of. Hes really disorienting at first because you have to flick back to the survivor to rush after a bump, but you get used to it. Hes really snnoying on ormond though, slides off of like... everything.

    This isn’t necessarily true. The collision is not consistent. Some small objects are sticky, and some aren’t. Some trees have collision, others don’t.

    @inkblot said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3464210#Comment_3464210

    Yeah after my first game I got a 4K lol, but I found that your completely right, my first game was on Yamkia estate (probably butchered that) and learning how to use his ability was really difficult, but after a few other games on various other maps (with better hitboxes) when I got Yamkia again it wasn't as hard and when I slid off of stuff instead of loosing my ability, I figured out that I needed to just hit something and try to hit the survivor instead of trying to follow through. (Could have also just been a different version of it witch was better for me lol) but I also got really lucky on that game and was able to kill two of them basically before a gen even popped, (got them on second hook) after two gens popped I just put them on a hook and was able to kill them. After that it was pretty easy to find the remaining two cus of nowhere to hide, so I probably just got really lucky with that one lol

    Yamaoka is BY FARRRR my least favorite map on blight. And for some reason I have been getting it overrrrr and over. The map prevention system is obviously NOT working.