Adrenaline needs a nerf

The amount of times I got screwed by that perk is insane. I see an average of 2-3 Adrenalines per match.

The potential it has to grant you an easy escape is insane. I know that for a fact because I use the perk regularly myself. It may only activate once but it does so much in an instant. It does not only heal you instantly but also gives you a 5s SB on top, while it ignores any Exhaustion you have. Insta heals without any drawback are so 2016 and need to go.

This is my idea to change the perk:

Adrenaline activates once all gens are done or the killer closes the hatch.

If you are not exhausted the perk activates.

- If you are injured, Adrenaline will heal you over 24s once the exit gates are powered. (No SB in addition)

- If you are healthy, sprint for 5s at 150%.

- If you are in the dying state heal instantly one health state and sprint for 5s at 150% speed. Causes the Broken Status for 60s.

- If you are hooked during the activation, you will be healed after 24s once you get unhooked.

- If affected by Deep Wound, Adrenaline removes the status instantly.

Causes Exhaustion for 40s.


Maybe this is a bit much, but the fact that it instantly heals you and can remove your end game pressure in one blink is insane. Also insane is that it is usable with other Exhaustion perks together and can trigger regardless.

I would like to hear what you think.

Comments

  • Adrenaline only activates once, so it needs to be powerful to have value, any nerf you'd impose on it would easily kill it.

    I'd prefer it be reworked to offer more interesting build opportunities instead of just a boring 5s movement speed though... I'd prefer instead it just recovers your exhaustion.

    That way you need an extra exhaustion perk to get value, but you get to choose the form your adrenaline perk takes. SB is the obvious contender, but you could consider Lithe if you prefer the general gameplay consistency, BL and DH if you want the versatility... you could even run Head On if you were an absolute nutbar xD

    It also adds a small element of skill/knowledge for everyone else to get value from, as the perk will only benefit players who are exhausted. This means you would consider sprinting early to the gate (if you knew where it was) to use your exhaustion perk of choiceto trigger again when the gen pops... rather than causing a mass sprint exodus towards the exit.

  • @DrDucky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460988#Comment_3460988

    That is because self care got nerfed, I checked the wiki and ur welcome to check as well but im pretty sure its still 16 seconds.

    I completely forgot that they removed that from the ptb. it was hillarious though, seing a blendette self-caring for a whole gen.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    Adrenaline only activates once, so it needs to be powerful to have value, any nerf you'd impose on it would easily kill it.

    I'd prefer it be reworked to offer more interesting build opportunities instead of just a boring 5s movement speed though... I'd prefer instead it just recovers your exhaustion.

    That way you need an extra exhaustion perk to get value, but you get to choose the form your adrenaline perk takes. SB is the obvious contender, but you could consider Lithe if you prefer the general gameplay consistency, BL and DH if you want the versatility... you could even run Head On if you were an absolute nutbar xD

    It also adds a small element of skill/knowledge for everyone else to get value from, as the perk will only benefit players who are exhausted. This means you would consider sprinting early to the gate (if you knew where it was) to use your exhaustion perk of choiceto trigger again when the gen pops... rather than causing a mass sprint exodus towards the exit.

    That is a good idea.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3461581#Comment_3461581

    I completely forgot that they removed that from the ptb. it was hillarious though, seing a blendette self-caring for a whole gen.

    True lmao

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3461092#Comment_3461092

    There's always someone who will complain. I saw complains for blast mine or for diversion out of all things. But a single complained is absolutely incomparable to the situation with adrenaline - where virtually nobody complained and now you see thread about it at minimum 1 per weak (and quite some more).

    Well complaint frequency shouldn't be a deciding factor anyways 🤷 well, maybe it is for bhvr, since that's where the money is, but still

  • DH and medkits "bodies" haven't even got cold when new ideas how to ruin every single survivor perk come up. Amazing.

  • @kit_mason said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3460453#Comment_3460453

    Perks with high pick rates aren't necessarily unbalanced? Windows doesn't make you better at looping nor does it give you the ability to chain vaults effectively, it just lets you see that they exist - it takes game knowledge to know your limits and chain vaults accordingly. It's a perk that's used because it helps new players last longer in chase, lets SoloQ survivors see what pallets have been dropped and avoid dead zones, and generally takes a lot of the guesswork out of looping. To say that it needs a nerf because it's easy to chain vaults with it is simply untrue for a majority of players.

    The inherent balance and tradeoff of Adrenaline is spending all but 10 seconds of the match at 3 perks. Adrenaline does nothing before 0 gens, and after the speed boost/unhook has ended it does nothing once again.

    Lol. I'm literally a survivor main who has run these perks countless times. I know the value you get out of them. I am not advocating for them to be nerfed. I simply said I would be okay with it, and offered an opinion.

    I'd much rather some of the useless perks be buffed. To provide more balance to the game.

  • @JonOzzie16 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3461816#Comment_3461816

    Lol. I'm literally a survivor main who has run these perks countless times. I know the value you get out of them. I am not advocating for them to be nerfed. I simply said I would be okay with it, and offered an opinion.

    I'd much rather some of the useless perks be buffed. To provide more balance to the game.

    That I can agree with - show some love to perks nobody uses, more options are always good.

1 2 ›