Hook grabs should only work on injured survivors

Killers have too much control in unhooking situations. Healthy survivors should be immune to hook grabs. Survivors can already be grabbed from generators, totems and lockers in any health state. Being able to do this while unhooking a survivor gives the killer too much power. Camping and proxy camping has become too common in the game. Faking the unhook is nearly impossible and killers should not be rewarded for camping. I know the anti camp mechanic is coming soon, but killers being able to grab healthy survivors from hook save attempts shouldn't be possible. It forces the entire team to be too altruistic because the killer chooses to play in an unfair way.

Comments

  • if the anti camp wasnt on its way I'd agree with you. Camping before endgame is just unfun and skilless for both sides with the only real counterplay being to slam gens and let them die. But afterwards camping is 100% fair game so it should stay.

  • @nars said:

    if the anti camp wasnt on its way I'd agree with you. Camping before endgame is just unfun and skilless for both sides with the only real counterplay being to slam gens and let them die. But afterwards camping is 100% fair game so it should stay.

    I see it as a problem throughout the entire match. The power difference between killers and survivors is too much, especially when killers use certain addons.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459992#Comment_3459992

    I see it as a problem throughout the entire match. The power difference between killers and survivors is too much, especially when killers use certain addons.

    I can understand that. I think camping in endgame is fine because its typically just to secure a kill, and if you 99 a gate getting them off hook near guarantees an escape. Right now a camping killer is very boring to face and has almost no counterplay unless you coordinate a save, something very hard in soloQ. Theres definitely a power difference there lol. New anti camp might make tunneling way easier though which isnt great, but I guess its better than getting camped all game lol.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3459992#Comment_3459992

    I see it as a problem throughout the entire match. The power difference between killers and survivors is too much, especially when killers use certain addons.

    I can't say exactly same thing in reverse. Both sides have nuclear options.

    It's not as bad as used to be, but still...

  • I think healthy hook grabs should stay - but only in endgame. During the match if killer proxy camps and zones people out, injures someone and then tries to grab healthy person... That's just not fair if he gets it. It's too much RNG pressure and it feels so unfair.

    During EGC where there's nothing, but securing kill - it's perfectly valid. Killer is hard-pressed already and in disadvantage if at least 2+hooked survivors are alive. Healthy grab in that scenario is perfectly valid IMO.

  • Nah, not only should hook grabs stay, but survivors should have to commit more. The dance killers have to do with survivors at the hook both looks and feels dumb. Once you click/press the unhook button, you should be locked into your choice whatever happens.