Medkits great skill-checks buff

The other day I was using a medkit without any addons, to heal myself. I failed a skill check. After that, I hit 3 great skill checks. 3. And it wasn't enough to fully heal me. It feels wrong. How are 3 great skill checks not enough to compensate for the loss of healing progress due to 1 failed skill check?

I promise you, with the medkits in their current state, reverting the healing progress bonus on great skill checks won't make healing OP again.

Comments

  • Dunno. It might. I can't see any reason to buff medkits at all currently, no matter how small.

  • Or literally remove skillcheck altogether, that doesn't make much changes while removing penalty for missed skillchecks.

  • I mean you could just not fail the skillchecks

    but yeah bring back the old progression on greats it felt super rewarding

  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    The other day I was using a medkit without any addons, to heal myself. I failed a skill check. After that, I hit 3 great skill checks. 3. And it wasn't enough to fully heal me. It feels wrong. How are 3 great skill checks not enough to compensate for the loss of healing progress due to 1 failed skill check?

    I promise you, with the medkits in their current state, reverting the healing progress bonus on great skill checks won't make healing OP again.

    The problem is you kept trying... When you miss a skill check on healing, there is about a 3 second window where you are UNABLE TO HEAL. So you are using up your charge for NO PROGRESS. Knowing this, if you miss a check, STOP. Wait a few seconds then start healing again.

  • Yeah, it's a bit dumb. Failing a skillcheck you lose 10% progression. Last update with the Medkit nerf, they nerfed it so great skillchecks only grant 3% progression instead of 5%. So you'd have to hit 4 greats just to make up for one missed

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/378126/medkits-great-skill-checks-buff

    The problem is you kept trying... When you miss a skill check on healing, there is about a 3 second window where you are UNABLE TO HEAL. So you are using up your charge for NO PROGRESS. Knowing this, if you miss a check, STOP. Wait a few seconds then start healing again.

    I haven't realized that, thank you!