Hooked survivors need communication options
There are far too many players in this game that simply do not know how to read a situation. I have been unhooked too many times in situations that had no other outcome but to favor the killer completely. One of the most common situations I will see is there being 2 survivors left, 2+ generators left to do, 1 survivor is hooked and despite the fact the hooked survivor is trying to help the last survivor have a chance at the hatch, they insist in going for the unhook which always ends with the killer winning.
So I have some suggestions. Allow hooked survivors to ping their hook with various pings. A red ping can mean DO NOT UNHOOK and a blue ping can mean Safe. I know this may seem unnecessary but in my experience the amount of people who play this game like they just bought it 5 minutes ago is crazy. I'm currently in Red 2 in my survivor grade and I'm still getting matched with players who play like this.
My other suggestion is to simply allow hooked survivors to prevent unhooks in both hook states. It may sound abusable, but just have it so that the hooked survivor becomes highlighted when they are holding down the unhook prevention button. If players could read situations better, this wouldn't be necessary. I've just had far too many bad experiences with players who can't read situations well enough and now I believe we need options within the game to help with that.
Comments
Or alternatively outright just allow them to utilize short message chat, with pre determined words.
Basically do same thing but more versatile.
i don't mind the ping option but like you said your other suggestion is abusable.
Agree to this one. Part of why hardcamping against solo queue is strong is because survivors have zero way of communicating crucial info. Like "Killer is standing 1m from my face", or "I have Reassurance, I'll get the rescue".
Being able to ping your own perks would be a welcome addition too, as well as the ping system you mentioned.
Also grade has nothing to do with matchmaking anymore, old ranks did but now the game uses a hidden MMR system that is based entirely on Kills/Escapes.
It isn't abusable if survivors have a way to know the hooked survivor doesn't want to be unhooked at any given moment.