Noise Notification Spam

It's only used to annoy the killer or to grief (grief other survivors or bring the killer to you so you can go next)

Time to remove it.

The perk Cut Loose proves removing it is possible.

Comments

  • There is literally no reason for the game to blow my ears out because someone isn't satisfied with the fact that I haven't seen them teabag yet.

    Surely it can be limited to once every three or four seconds per survivor.

  • I actually made a post about audio improvements for killer an one of the things i mentioned is what you have mentioned an have tired to suggest a solution

    @TheTom20 said:

    The survivor improvements like the heart beat were very nice an i feel a few things for killer would benifit those with hard of hearing, deafness, tinnitus an sensitive hearing etc

    Explosion sounds

    -afk survivors

    when people are afk you get loads of explosion sounds trigger an this can be overwhelming to keep track of other survivors during a chase. I feel an aura reveal would be better so the killer is not getting spammed by these.

    -Explosion notification spamming

    this is similar to previous it can be impossible to track survivors when other are explosion spamming it also can be quite overwhelming an cause sensory overloads with those who have autism such as myself

    footsteps

    foot steps use to be more more prominent in the game however, its very difficult to hear survivors now some are almost completely silent on some maps. For those with no hearing they struggle even more. I not sure on a fix for this but perhaps a visual indicator of when a survivor is running during a chase an this would stop once the survivor is still, walking or broke the chase.

    Killer sounds

    Many are pushed away from certain killers as they get pain or tinnitus from the sounds. This can make it even more difficult when there are achievement's or tome challenges that require to use these killers an their respective powers.

    -Billys chainsaw. A number of people including myself can't play billy with volume as the sound is harsh an loud few people have said they got tinnitus by playing billy. This doesn't seem to be as bad for when playing bubba perhaps it has to do with the frenzy of billy's saw.

    -Plague plagues red vomit the chanting sounds make it almost impossible to hear survivor sounds

    other notable mentions would be demogorgon doctor

    What I suggest is giving players the option to decrease the level of these. Not a huge amount but just enough so killer players don't experience pain an are able to keep track of survivors.

    Hooking screams.

    These can be very loud an hard some survivors are worse than others. I know some people will actively mute their monitor or tv during the hooking animation to do this. A small volume slider for this for both sides killer an survivor would be a welcome one. an again I don't mean complete mute but one just to take the edge off.

    Thank you for reading an hope you have a good day


  • I think after like, 5 noises within a 3 second span they should mute until nothing happens for that span

  • Agree, it's pretty lame. I think a good start is to lower the ranges. Right now it's 48m for a pallet drop or fast vault, which is silly imo. Why not make it 32 meters at least, to begin with?

    Or maybe, only one loud noise notification per object per survivor every 10 seconds or so, unless they are in chase.

  • Really? I finally found the thread people go to just to complain. This is not a problem. Find something real to complain about.

  • @pigslittlepet said:

    Really? I finally found the thread people go to just to complain. This is not a problem. Find something real to complain about.

    This does get pretty annoying though. Like, in every instance I've encountered it the survivors have already won, the door is open and there is no way a chase is going to be happening. It's like they can't stand not having someone watch them run out of the gate and want to be annoying until they risk the entity killing them.