DC when you see good BP items?

Ok, I've noticed a lot of killers DC'ing when we use Party Streamers, or Escape Cakes. Just tonight alone, every time we used one, the killer DCs and we lose it. Keep in mind, I only play survivor with my wife, and main Trapper. I hate survivor due to how boring it is.

That said, I've noticed it a lot lately. Killer waits until after the offerings are shown, then DCs and you lose the offering. I've lost 6 party streamers and 4 escape cakes in two days. Only one time did I see the killer stay for the match.

Is this a thing now? I've played roughly 30 killer matches this week and faced roughly 23 SWFs, but did not DC if I saw a bp offering. Guess I missed the memo.

Comments

  • It's always been a thing, but don't assume Killers generally do so.
    At least, i personally never have this problem.
    Killer DCs i encounter mostly seem purely random.
    And i never DC under normal circumstances, Survivor or Killer.

  • It's just people being #########, purposefully wasting survivors' valuables offerings "for the lolz"

  • I only DC instantly if we had 1-2 last second switches, along with BP offerings, plus a map offering.

    Now if I get all that, but the flashlighters weren't last second switchers I'll let it ride. Otherwise..i'am happy to waste those offerings.

  • I haven't noticed it but it may be a thing. It doesn't make sense, especially with party streamers as they would get double BP as well.

  • I've seen it happen a few times.

    At first I thought they were doing it to be toxic, just to waste the items.

    Now I'm not so sure though. Playing killer recently there's a good chance that if BPs are used there will be last second switching too and the survivors will generally be a 4 man swf on comms with BNP/instaheals, multiple DS and high ranks sneaking in with low ranks. Not to mention they often burn their map offerings of choice too.

    They don't just want to use BPS for the sake of it. They'll come in with every advantage they can get and try to bully the killer as much as possible.

    This is just a theory but I feel now that killers D/C because they have a feeling its going to be a tryhard toxic swf based on previous experience.
  • Best part, none of us were carrying anything. They really need to stop having the offerings be consumed until the match actually starts.

  • Of I see multiple party streamers, I try to farm with them. Sometimes they don't get it though....hard to put up that signal as killer.

  • Vortexas said:

    I only DC instantly if we had 1-2 last second switches, along with BP offerings, plus a map offering.

    Now if I get all that, but the flashlighters weren't last second switchers I'll let it ride. Otherwise..i'am happy to waste those offerings.

    And this is what I mean lol

    BPS often comes with last second switching and map offerings.

    Its just a 4 man scumsquad wanting to bully killers and get mad points while doing it. They probably deranked just for the occasion.
  • @Attackfrog said:
    Of I see multiple party streamers, I try to farm with them. Sometimes they don't get it though....hard to put up that signal as killer.

    I do the same. I think I'm too nice as a killer. If I see Cake or Streamers, I make sure to give them a chance to run around. Sometimes they are cool, sometimes they are a bunch of azzhats.

    Anyways, fix the whole issue of losing offerings when the match never happens BHVR.

  • It might be intentional. But I had few matches as both survivor and killer when someone burns BPS, they could not load in to the game. It stucks at loading screen and not responding phase. 
  • I remember I dc'd in a game in which I've decided to play nice and hook each survivor once for bbq stacks because 2 survivors used a party streamers.
    I got to a gen at the beginning nodding my head towards the survivors after stopping in place to try show them I am not playing seriously, and what do the two survivors that were there do? Run to a pallet that was next to the gen and I follow them to it and I didn't even try hitting them and when I stood next to it they t-bag and when I started breaking it they flashlight me... so I dc to let them enjoy their 15k points for escape :)

  • Maybe there was another offering, like mist or map. Don't know why somebody would dc when bps are involved

  • @HellDescent said:
    Maybe there was another offering, like mist or map. Don't know why somebody would dc when bps are involved

    neither for mist or map offerings since they are game features as well.

  • Vietfox said:

    @HellDescent said:
    Maybe there was another offering, like mist or map. Don't know why somebody would dc when bps are involved

    neither for mist or map offerings since they are game features as well.

    Probably because mist and map offerings normally mean toxic swf.

    Or maybe the killer is just bored after having survivors burn coldwind/crotus penn offerings for the 10th time that day.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    Vietfox said:

    @HellDescent said:

    Maybe there was another offering, like mist or map. Don't know why somebody would dc when bps are involved

    neither for mist or map offerings since they are game features as well.

    Probably because mist and map offerings normally mean toxic swf.

    Or maybe the killer is just bored after having survivors burn coldwind/crotus penn offerings for the 10th time that day.

    I don't DC even if i see 10 ebony moris/black wards in a row.
    I also like all maps, especially the most hated ones by survivors like meat plant or Lerys
    Edit: same when i'm playing as a killer.

  • Vietfox said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    Vietfox said:

    @HellDescent said:

    Maybe there was another offering, like mist or map. Don't know why somebody would dc when bps are involved

    neither for mist or map offerings since they are game features as well.

    Probably because mist and map offerings normally mean toxic swf.

    Or maybe the killer is just bored after having survivors burn coldwind/crotus penn offerings for the 10th time that day.

    I don't DC even if i see 10 ebony moris/black wards in a row.
    I also like all maps, especially the most hated ones by survivors like meat plant or Lerys
    Edit: same when i'm playing as a killer.

    Well that's you.

    Seems not everyone plays that way. I don't know the reasons why, I can only guess.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Haven't had any killers do this yet. For me it always seems to be the survivor that brings the fancy items then sees a killer they dislike.also had some swf where one quits, reads my loadout, and then the rest dc as well.
  • @Schorts94 said:
    You're in a swf since you're playing with your wife so yeah that's toxic and the killer has every right to be toxic back

    Wait, because I am playing in a 2 man SWF, its toxic? Because I play a game with my wife, who is legally blind and sucks at this game, you think that is toxic? Grow up child. I face SWFs all day long that are not toxic, but those that are, give all SWFs a bad name.

    You got some seriously mixed up views kid.

  • I am happy when I see survivors bringing BPS, so this really surprise me. But on the other hand I am not busted 4k ape who takes the game seriously and rather have fun in matches :)