Really sad that I won't be playing anymore (Cross progression pls) :(

DBD was my favorite game for a good 3 years, but I played on PS4. This generation I bought a PC and most of the games I really enjoyed on PS I have repurchased so I can play them on my preferred system. I would keep playing DBD on my PS4 despite how badly it runs on that console now, however, that requires PS+ and I can't justify paying $70 a year just so I can access one game that only costs $30. I would love to keep playing on my PC and would have no problem rebuying the game itself, but knowing all my progress would be gone stops any desire I have to keep playing. Obviously, I spent some money on cosmetics and DLC over the years which I definitely would not want to have to buy again but the real killer is starting over my character progression. Right before the prestige system changed I spent a LOT of time maxing out all my survivors to unlock perks.

Last I heard, there were no plans to bring any cross-progression to Xbox or PlayStation. Obviously, I'm not in any position to demand I am owed anything... I am just sad about the whole situation.

Comments

  • I still don't understand why things like prestige levels and such can't be synced across platforms. Like, I get technical and platform limitations that prohibit sharing DLC/paid content across platforms, and I'm perfectly ok rebuying DLCs on other platforms. The main pain point is having to start from scratch.

    I made a suggestion for them to allow partial cross progression for things like BP balance, character prestige levels, and any other data that isn't behind a paywall. Hopefully one day they can at least implement this type of account linking.

  • The DBD account replied to a tweet about cross progression yesterday, saying "We'd still love to make this happen, but due to circumstances beyond our control, it's not possible at the moment." so unfortunately I don't think it's happening any time soon.

  • @sadunicorn said:

    DBD was my favorite game for a good 3 years, but I played on PS4. This generation I bought a PC and most of the games I really enjoyed on PS I have repurchased so I can play them on my preferred system. I would keep playing DBD on my PS4 despite how badly it runs on that console now, however, that requires PS+ and I can't justify paying $70 a year just so I can access one game that only costs $30. I would love to keep playing on my PC and would have no problem rebuying the game itself, but knowing all my progress would be gone stops any desire I have to keep playing. Obviously, I spent some money on cosmetics and DLC over the years which I definitely would not want to have to buy again but the real killer is starting over my character progression. Right before the prestige system changed I spent a LOT of time maxing out all my survivors to unlock perks.

    Last I heard, there were no plans to bring any cross-progression to Xbox or PlayStation. Obviously, I'm not in any position to demand I am owed anything... I am just sad about the whole situation.

    Sorry to see a fellow consoler go, and I'm very bummed out it's for this reason. I'd drop the game too if I had to regrind from scratch.

    They know this feature is badly wanted, but obviously haven't come up with a deal they and Sony & Microsoft (and Nintendo still too) can all live with.

  • @Annso_x said:

    The DBD account replied to a tweet about cross progression yesterday, saying "We'd still love to make this happen, but due to circumstances beyond our control, it's not possible at the moment." so unfortunately I don't think it's happening any time soon.

    They advertised the switch was going to get cross progression over a year ago.

    It's why I bought the switch version.

    Why advertise it in the first place?!?

  • @Technature said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3437445#Comment_3437445

    They advertised the switch was going to get cross progression over a year ago.

    It's why I bought the switch version.

    Why advertise it in the first place?!?

    They most definitely had something in the works when they advertised it (otherwise they wouldn't have) but then the deal fell through

  • I can't believe my Dead By Daylight: Nightmare Edition PS4 disc version is literally worth at least $100 now. I moved to PC last year so it's been a shame losing my main (Nancy) after so much time spent playing with her and it's irritating because each time I play DBD I try to fill in the void with other survivors but there's always that little gap. I wish we could just send proof we owned the DLC and there was some way to just transfer the character(s) over - even just one.