Does Boil Over need a rework/nerf?

Title. After an experience today with a premade that ran no mither, sabo and boil over in Ormond, using the second floor to abuse BO especially, this question came to my mind.

Comments

  • Maps need to take it into consideration as Sabotage in this situations can be, and usually is, just as bad if not worse

  • Boil over makes no sense to me, there's no actually interaction on ur end so it's not exactly fun for u, it's not exactly good, and it's just so annoying for the killer.

  • No, I think it’s fine as is. It definitely doesn’t need a nerf as an experienced killer can easily negate its effects unless they’re surrounded by things to run into. It is supposed to be a perk so survivors need to be able to get some value out of it, and running to an area that will increase that value is good strategy. As a killer if you’re picking up on this then try and chase them to another area (they can’t hang out in one spot the entire match) or divert your attention to another survivor.

  • Boil Over is fine.

  • Honestly its fine and can be countered. Starstruck is a pretty strong deterrent, and also if multiple survivors are off not doing gens I think you're in an all right position even if they do act annoying.

  • it needs to go back to 33% from fall for the whole bar or 33% of whats left

  • just delete it, it's misery incarnate

  • I'm actually laughing, 2nd story BO Ormond is easy to counter, just drop the Survivor once you see someone getting close for a sabotage. Or do anything instead of tripling down on the exact same thing and then coming here when it doesn't work.

    DBD players proving they have no adaptability, can't adapt to new problems and come here to demand nerfs, as usual.

    @AetherBytes said:

    Maps need to take it into consideration as Sabotage in this situations can be, and usually is, just as bad if not worse

    Then you get no value because the Killer can consistently hook you, and you get no value. That's the entire point of this perk, people don't run BO just to mildly inconvenience the Killer. They run it in a build to secure value. Same for sabotage.

  • It's a perk where it's counter play isnt fun for either side. Survivors getting slugged over and over isn't really a win for either side

  • Its just super unhealthily designed.

    If its usable its abusable. The counterplay is just to slug endlessly and let them bleedout. It's either miserable for one side, the other, or useless.

    It needs a complete redesign imo.

  • Can't change my vote to rework, but rework.

    Make it an exhaustion perk, and while equipped, wiggling free from the killer's grasp causes exhaustion.

    Powerful, but limited.

  • It's miserable to play against on console. Boil Over is always active, there's no counter to it except slugging. It's bad perk design and should be completely reworked.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    It's miserable to play against on console. Boil Over is always active, there's no counter to it except slugging. It's bad perk design and should be completely reworked.

    Yeah its pretty obnoxious on console. I can't believe it's stayed busted on console for so long

  • But you just confirmed it was with a combination of other perks. Which proves that for it to work effectively you need a build. Also, let the abuser complete the gen in Ormond (in the main building). Not all is lost when the rest are available.

  • I can see boil over being annoying and abusive with that kind of build by the perk by itself I think is fine.

  • I think if the +30% progress upon the killer dropping from a height was nerfed then it would be fine. Yes, I find it incredibly annoying and infuriating when I can't hook someone because I keep getting pushed into a wall, the perk isn't that bad. I personally just run iron grasp and slug anyone who runs the "can't hook me build" and chases me with a flashlight until I chase them into the top of a multiple story building to get downed there.