Skull Merchant is fun to play as and against

You heard me. Skull Merchant is actually fun. Her addons do need some tweaks though. Her iridescent addons are bad but otherwise she's really fun to play as or against and has numerous strategies that she can utilize.

Keep hating. I am going to keep enjoying this game.

Comments

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3424237#Comment_3424237

    Some people also confuse belief with knowledge. However, as long as the semantics do not change, we will continue to distinguish between facts and opinions.

    Bright side sometimes it makes a hilarious show

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3423935#Comment_3423935

    You are not sharing any facts with us here, but rather your personal opinions seasoned with exaggerations and false information. You are free to share your dissatisfaction with Skull Merchant and DBD in general in what feels like every thread in this forum, so that every DBD Forum user knows your opinion. But please stop calling your dislikes for certain characters "facts".

    Fact: Her lore is bad. I've not seen a single person defend it and it's been meme'd to death.

    Imagine that just because you don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I for one like her lore, and apparently I'm not the only one.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3423988#Comment_3423988

    And you make rude jokes about it.

    This leaves her with two "viable" styles of play. Totem defender and 3-gens

    No. If you know how, you can also play her chase-oriented. Few killers in DBD have more than two effective ways to play. Why does this make a killer bad? Good killer strategies are usually a combination of chase, 3gen, strategic camping, tunneling and slugging. Blindly committing to a strategy doesn't work with good survivors. You always have to adapt to your opponents and to the RNG and remain flexible in terms of your strategy.

    Her power allows her to use Overcharge, Call of Brine and other gen kicking perks to their fullest potential, meaning she can effectively hold games hostage.

    Since Overbrine was nerfed, this problem no longer exists.

    Fact: Her optimal playstyle (3-genning) is only able to be beaten by coordinated teams willing to waste half an hour of their lives

    It's not rocket science to beat a 3 gen. There are killers like Nurse or Wraith where it is much more difficult to defeat a 3 gen. Strangely, my SM matches last between 10 and 20 minutes. And I pretty much only play Solo Q. If my mates fail at SM, they'll fail at any other killer as well. So it's not a Skull Merchant problem.

    I enjoy playing Legion, but that doesn't mean that I don't recognize that they are also poorly designed

    You think Legion is poorly designed, but you still enjoy playing them? That does not make sense.

    So before you presume to describe a killer as objectively poorly designed, you should at least formulate criteria to support your assessment. But you didn't do that. Therefore, it ultimately remains your personal subjective opinion and nothing more.

    I don't think you are looking at this objectively at all.

    You've presented several blatantly false statements.


    Honestly though, I'm just not interested anymore. This is a boring conversation, I've made my points, you've made yours and neither of us are going to budge, so I'm out

  • why do people like this killer?

  • As someone who was in a skull merchant game that lasted over 20 minutes as they kept drones at the last three gens (they weren't even that close to each other), I strongly disagree. He power really needs to be reworked where each time a gen is completed, you can't use as many drones at an uncompleted gen. Then have it go all the way down to where there are three gens left, she can only have 2 drones at uncompleted gens.

  • @jayoshi said:

    As someone who was in a skull merchant game that lasted over 20 minutes as they kept drones at the last three gens (they weren't even that close to each other), I strongly disagree. He power really needs to be reworked where each time a gen is completed, you can't use as many drones at an uncompleted gen. Then have it go all the way down to where there are three gens left, she can only have 2 drones at uncompleted gens.

    when I play skull merchant I don't even place drones at gens, I use them at loops to make me move faster and to make survivors consider whether or not they want to stay at that loop or to move on.

    Giving me less drones and changing her won't fix the problem. The real problem is gen placement. Gen's shouldn't be as close together as they are. I've been in games where we've been 4 genned, simply because the placement deemed it so.

    Once 3 gens are completed 2 of the completed gens should break again, even though you need to still need to complete 2 gens, 5 are now able to be repaired instead of only 3. This would elimate the 3 gen strat entirely.

1 2 ›