Can we have a perk which lights up which locker I'm in?
I really want to use Head on more altruistically and there is literally no perk which lets me within a radius of my locker, let others know what one I'm in. Since I'm sure by now you'd have made it just a part of head on but clearly that ship has sailed.
Comments
Honestly I don't see why not... it's a fun idea
I don't mind them getting an aura to help their buddies...
But can we reduce the shockwave that can cross half the map to hit the killer?
I swear that perk is silly at times...
I think it's just hit validation, being hit validation more than the hitbox itself, it happens with pallets too
Head On would need better counterplay. The hitbox would need to be much narrower, or there would need to be startup frames before the stun is active, or the prompt to open lockers needs to be available from outside the hitbox.
If I know a specific locker has a head-on survivor, I should be able to reliably open that locker without getting stunned. But the stun hitbox is so wide that I end up dancing around near the locker over and over, hoping the survivor will accidentally run out of the locker. Or sometimes I will just wait until crows show up.
They should just add it to Head On. It would make it a lot more useable altruistically for solo survivors.
You shouldn't be able to approach it easily, there is 5 seconds of prep for you to open it lol, if they miss a strike and go back in the locker you have ample time to punish it, also regarding the hitbox as mentioned earlier much like pallets it's latency dependant. The hit validation has been particularly horrible recently on both sides I feel, if it's even on.
There should be a way to approach it, besides waiting until crows show up. If the game is having long term latency problems, then the hitbox needs to be made much more narrow until the latency issues are fixed.
I think it's just better to add it to the perk, honestly, I don't think that ship has sailed at all. That, and letting survivors see their teammate's loadouts would be a great combo of changes.
I'd like to see more Head On in my matches. It's a fun perk, and means other Exhaustion isn't in play, probably.
Go make a new thread about it, this isn't about issues with head on. This is about a new perk idea/QoL Change.
This is completely related. Head on should not get any buffs, for as long as it continues to have zero reliable counterplay (besides waiting for crows to show up).
You've suggested no constructive changes, you are just here to complain. If you want to make constructive feedback about head on you'd probably have more success with a new thread about it.
I did suggest constructive changes. I suggested the hitbox be made more narrow, or for the stun to have more startup frames, so that killers have a reliable counterplay that doesn't involve waiting for crows to happen.
That is what constructive changes mean..... suggesting changes to make the perk more healthy for the game.
You don't know what the hitbox size is or a size of a hitbox to compare it to, it has ending lag to it to punish also. As I said earlier your issues are likely tied to the networking as it favours the person attacking over the person being attacked on both sides.
There is counterplay (5 seconds to punish a missed head on/ to open the locker if they go in it mid chase, what are you doing during that 5 seconds Coffee?) and you could just eat the stun and put the exhaustion on cd for 40 seconds.
Counterplay means being able to reliably not get stunned, if I know a survivor is in a specific locker with an active head on. I'm not talking about casually walking by a locker and getting stunned. I'm specifically talking about the situation where I know a locker has a head on survivor, and I want to attack the survivor without getting stunned.
And "open the locker before the head on is active" doesn't help, when I get to the locker after the head on is ready, but I still know exactly where the survivor is.
And I do know what size of a hitbox I want to compare it to. The hitbox should be narrow enough that if I'm directly to the side of the locker, I should be able to start opening the locker without getting stunned. The perk should be limited to a surprise perk, and not a "you get to stun the killer even if they know exactly where you are, if the killer doesn't want to wait for crows" perk.
And I don't care if latency or validation is involved. It shouldn't be working the way it's currently working, and the perk should be made more fair, before any buffs are made to it.
it's fair the way it is you don't see head on in every game for a good reason, I'm sorry you struggle with it so much. The aura would still make it be used as a surprise like you want.
But back on topic I think if the aura does become a thing making it only visible within a bond style radius might might be the best.
Probably best to add it to the Perk itself.
Otherwise:
Teamwork: Eyeless Beacons
While inside a Locker, Teamwork: Eyeless Beacons Activates. The Locker you are in is shown to all other Survivors as a Yellow Aura with a Global Noise notification that decays to red over 10s. Once 10s expires all Survivors currently in a Locker see each others Aura for 30/35/40s (The current number of Survivors in Lockers is shown via Tokens while the timer counts down). This Perk cannot reactivate until the duration expires.
The reason why it's so unpopular is because it's so difficult to coordinate it in solo q. So this is on topic. You can't buff the perk so that it becomes easily usable in every game, without giving it a huge nerf beforehand. There's too many lockers in the game, and it's unreasonable to expect killers to avoid going near any lockers when they chase someone.
Ah. So taking the same solution to exactly the same problem - let's make huntress hatchets/wesker's bound/all M1 hits/etc smaller, because pokos hits exist.
Frankly I rarely see it used in SWF too.
The only exceptions are a, tourneys because of limit of 1 perk per survivor b, "bully squads" (aka ppl that will probably throw the game just to play too altruistically for their own enjoyment).
Meaning if you make it usable in soloQ, it would be used more, but it will totally not get even close to usage of sprint burst or lithe. It would just become better blast mine (something fun that has questionable value when actually trying to win compared to alternatives).