Gearhead more viable now?
So just got out of a match against a Huntress, and it was pretty brutal, to say the least. We spawned in on Coal Tower near killer shack and were having away at a gen when she found us (Lethal), and being the randos that we were, decided that we wanted this gen done. No other gens, this one right here. We're committed 100%. Gens or die. She proceeds to give us the proverbial smack down as we have this little tug of war, and she seemed to just know where we all were at all times after injuring someone even if we hid (especially since we were clustered and focused on this thing, lemme tell you we were giving her mad value). It wasn't until after the end of the match I saw that she incorporated Gearhead into her build, and like Low Profile, I didn't realize it could activate multiple times in a row as long as the conditions were met.
Has anyone else experienced good success with it in their Aura builds? Because I'm going to be giving it a run myself to see how well it comes into play for me.
Comments
Any aura perk is very strong on huntress, but Gearhead has also been a pretty decent perk on every killer I've tried it on.
Its actually really good on hit and run killers, and I wonder if it would work with plauge and infection injury...
I have been running it with lethal pursuer and I'm having a blast. I like it for killers with good range who can quickly act on that info. Great for slugging too.
That's actually a really good idea. I'm going to need to test that out with bots to see if I can see them when they become infected
I've thought about it having possible use on Onryō, since TVs are usually close to gens. You can use it to better target your teleports to increase Condemned.
Since it works with Hit & Run, I could also see it synergizing with Hex: Face the Darkness
It works pretty well with Legion running the Oblivious + Broken Add ons. Not to mention the timer refreshes if you hit someone else while it is still active.
The annoying thing is that Survivor and Gen auras being the same color makes it hard to notice instantly. Changing gen aura colors would remedy this
It good on onryo as well. I use it and did get a couple of condemned stacks.
^^^ THIS. I tried it once on my Twins but couldn’t see any survivors! Lol Either they weren’t repairing or at bad angles behind gens.
Maybe the Gens should be yellow in this case?
Or just move from red to Orange, like in past events.
Yep!
As of now, the yellow aura of the survivor succeeding a good skill check matches the yellow aura of the generator they're working on...which means, in many cases, the perk is worthless.
Agree that aura color change is needed for this perk.