deez changes will make the game look a bit more horror in my opinion!

add more injury for survivors (when you kill a survivor by your hands, his body is completely healthy) this is a PEGI 18 game already so it wouldn't be an issue.

add unique point of view height for each killer based on the height of their eyes (when you play as Nemesis you don't see yourself as tall as your giant body, which ruins the Nemesis tank feeling)


Dead by Daylight needs some serious horror!

Comments

  • @Nemeshifu said:

    add more injury for survivors (when you kill a survivor by your hands, his body is completely healthy) this is a PEGI 18 game already so it wouldn't be an issue.

    add unique point of view height for each killer based on the height of their eyes (when you play as Nemesis you don't see yourself as tall as your giant body, which ruins the Nemesis tank feeling)

    Dead by Daylight needs some serious horror!

    I think I saw a similar discussion a couple years ago and people were saying DBD couldn't be more gore or the game wouldn't be allowed in some countries? No idea if that's true tho

    And for the height thing, as much as I agree it'd be cool it would probably cause some kind of balance issues, like making things easier for some killers but harder for others

  • @Nemeshifu said:

    add more injury for survivors (when you kill a survivor by your hands, his body is completely healthy) this is a PEGI 18 game already so it wouldn't be an issue.

    add unique point of view height for each killer based on the height of their eyes (when you play as Nemesis you don't see yourself as tall as your giant body, which ruins the Nemesis tank feeling)

    Dead by Daylight needs some serious horror!

    I completely agree with you. What makes this game awesome is the brutal moris, and the little things like the lore. If I'm not mistaken the Hag feels like she has a tiny height difference. but I feel that emersion is the goal, instead of just focusing on the raw game mechanics. (Don't get me wrong game mechanics matter, I'm just trying to say that most developers do the opposite)

  • There is already some level of height difference POV. 

    Sadako's POV is definetly lower than Nemesis. It's not taken to extreme level tho.

  • @Nemeshifu said:

    add more injury for survivors (when you kill a survivor by your hands, his body is completely healthy) this is a PEGI 18 game already so it wouldn't be an issue.

    add unique point of view height for each killer based on the height of their eyes (when you play as Nemesis you don't see yourself as tall as your giant body, which ruins the Nemesis tank feeling)

    Dead by Daylight needs some serious horror!

    As sad as it is, the devs don’t want to hurt their rating on the game because if they were to add gore, countries like china that doesn’t allow skulls or other gore to be shown would ban DBD from all players and they have a Big player base there as well. That’s why horror games are much harder to publish and games such as Fortnite have it easy!

  • @DjEnderFox107 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/371835/deez-changes-will-make-the-game-look-a-bit-more-horror-in-my-opinion

    As sad as it is, the devs don’t want to hurt their rating on the game because if they were to add gore, countries like china that doesn’t allow skulls or other gore to be shown would ban DBD from all players and they have a Big player base there as well. That’s why horror games are much harder to publish and games such as Fortnite have it easy!

    damn, what a potential waste. I hope someone make a mod for more gore at least. thx for commenting!

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    There is already some level of height difference POV. 

    Sadako's POV is definetly lower than Nemesis. It's not taken to extreme level tho.

    yea right, but still not accurate. thx for commenting!

  • @SuperMunchkin95 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/371835/deez-changes-will-make-the-game-look-a-bit-more-horror-in-my-opinion

    I completely agree with you. What makes this game awesome is the brutal moris, and the little things like the lore. If I'm not mistaken the Hag feels like she has a tiny height difference. but I feel that emersion is the goal, instead of just focusing on the raw game mechanics. (Don't get me wrong game mechanics matter, I'm just trying to say that most developers do the opposite)

    yea u right man. thx for commenting!

  • @Annso_x said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/371835/deez-changes-will-make-the-game-look-a-bit-more-horror-in-my-opinion

    I think I saw a similar discussion a couple years ago and people were saying DBD couldn't be more gore or the game wouldn't be allowed in some countries? No idea if that's true tho

    And for the height thing, as much as I agree it'd be cool it would probably cause some kind of balance issues, like making things easier for some killers but harder for others

    yea that would make sense. thx for commenting!