Reassurance buff
Could you please revert the reassurance to what it was on the PTB? Meaning, after I use reassurance on someone, I get the cooldown, and then I can use it again during the same hook state. That way a camping killer has much more reasons to leave the hook.
I remember you mentioning that this was a problem due to the possiblity of keping someone on the hook indefinitely. My solution to this is simple: give survivors on the hook in struggle phase a key prompt (E or F) to cancel the reassurance. That way they can't be in a hostage situation anymore.
Killers who play the game normally (instead of relying on the unhealthy camping) shouldn't be affected by this at all.
Comments
It was too powerful on the ptb. The CD and active time didn't lead to situations where a survivor on hook wouldn't have the timer go down which is just not healthy for the game. Reassurance being a one time 30 second pause per a hook is fine, since it is still stackable.
Aggressive camping is not fun or healthy for the game but sometimes it is the appropriate response to the survivors actions. Say a nearbye survivor decides to commit to the gen he is on instead of saving the hooked survivor. They pop their gen and go for a last second save. The appropriate response as killer is to punish the survivor for waiting last second by forcing a hook stage or trading at hook. Otherwise their hook was pointless and no pressure was gained since the reason of hooking is to get one less person doing gens and getting the save. If you can just use reassurance repetitively then the killer can't gain the pressure they need to do anything.
This being said I play about 50/50 both sides and I don't camp unless the game state makes it the only viable option (all four survivors are swarming the hook for instance) I don't like being camped as survivor either but sometimes it's the only way to apply the level of pressure you need to win.
It does not need improvements, it’s already an S tier perk.
Try playing solo q against a camping killer, while using reassurance. Tell me how it went.
I play strictly solo queue, it goes fine. You're complaining about bad players, not a Reassurance issue.
I almost never have solo q teammates that bring reassurance. So it's only me. So much for "it's stackable". In theory yes. In practice only I bring it in my matches. And camping needs to be punished, because it's a lazy way to get kills. Since I'm the only one of my teammates bringing reassurance, I need to be able to activate it multiple times, to incite the killer to actually play the game and go for chases, rather than just stay near the hooked survivor until they die. That is very unhealthy for the game. It's not fun for the hooked survivor, and it rewards killers for being lazy and terrible at the game.
The infinite use was far too strong even with cooldowns. People shouldn't be able to make a hooked survivor last forever, camping because the gates are powered would be impossible.
How I see it is: the killer stops camping and goes for someone else, someone that is not currently hooked. If the killer keeps camping, they lose the game, as they should. If the killer goes away, but no-one goes to save the hooked person, then that's 1 person less doing gens or healing someone, etc. If they do get saved, then the game can progress as intended.
And if the hooked person wishes to not be hooked anymore, they can attempt to kobe. Or in the struggle phase, they could press the E or F button to remove the reassurance status on themself. If needed, the devs could disable Reassurance once the gates are powered. I honestly see no issues with it. (but again, if a killer needs to camp in endgame to get a kill, instead of getting it earlier, then the issues lies elsewhere imo)
There are legitimate reasons to camp someone. People refusing to leave the person on hook and gates being powered being the most notable ones.
Killers would have no counter against people that run in, use the perk, and ######### off when the gates are powered but not open, meaning the game goes on forever, which is what I thought people hated about Knight and Skull Merchant.
At the end of the day, you're in solo queue. Everyone's gonna bring what they feel like / want. They're not psychics that can read your mind for the future to know to bring Reassurance. If they don't, which usually they don't then that just sucks. This mentality honestly reminds me of before BT was basekit, people would get frustrated their solo teammates didn't bring BT and just farmed them off hook. Both are frustrating scenarios (well, BT has been made base so no longer that) but it's not the solos fault. They don't have to bring it if they don't want to. If you want to, fine, but expecting other solos to is expecting too much and you're setting yourself up for disappointment when you get camped.
Speaking of camping, what kind of camping we talking about? Facecamping? Like, standing in front of the first survivor caught and never move at 5 gens facecamp? Fixing camping imo is tricky. Sometimes a killer camps if they're aware other survivors are swarming the hook or there's only 2 gens left and someone needs to die so they'll camp it out. It's a strategy whether you like it or not. Facecamping is unfortunate but just go next. You're only making yourself miserable with this mindset.