The grim pantry is an abomination
I'm curious, does anyone actually enjoy this map as killer?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think they're great, they used to be way worse but since making them smaller they're a lot more enjoyable for me.
I'd take swamp anyday over Lery's, Haddonfield, Yamaoka Estate or any farm map.
No, I hate it. So that's why the game loves only giving me those maps. I ended up DC'ing last night because i got Grim Pantry 8 times in a row.
Purely random? Or offerings?
I know people frown upon DC'ing but when you get survivors burning coldwind offerings like 5 times in one night....
Close to 30 maps in the game and survivors - mostly claudettes - expect you to play the same 5 over and over again. So boring. So so boring.
This is why other games don't let you pick the maps. Behaviour doesn't understand this concept though.
I prefer taking the swamp over Torment Creek or Groaning Storehouse, god I hate those maps.
And the rng always give me the worst totem spots on those maps.
I hate this map, the only time I have fun on it is as Wraith since I'm impossible to see.
I like most of the maps for killers the corn maps and Haddonfield are the two I map trouble with but they can be fun too because survivors sometimes rely on the corn too much.
I have so much fun going against them (especially you SWF, hearing them get scared pulled off the gen by Myers). It just my luck that day I got matched constantly to killer that burn offering of that 2 maps.
It was completely random. I was so bored by the 5th match that I almost didn't wanna play again for the rest of the night.
As killer and survivor: NO
the maps are much better now, but I'm still not a fan of them. I do like Grim Pantry more than Pale Rose.
The worst map as killer though is hands down rotten fields for me.
I really don't understand how this map just ducked under the patch where all the ridiculous loops got conditional windows and #########. Seriously you go to the second floor of the main building and it's like 6 windows up there.
Grim Pantry is much easier as killer now than it was. The map is much smaller and you can see nearly all of it from the boat house. There is almost always 4-6 gens in relative close proximity.
That said, it is hard to move around and some killers can't see at all due to the height of the weeds. Being color blind, that map is pure murder for tracking.
I don't mind it if I'm a Hag or Trapper because I can make the pantry incredibly unsafe. Any other killer though it is rough depending on what windows/doors spawn, and if the basement is there or not. As Huntress I want to say I generally like the map because you have a lot of high ground positions you can hatchet from and there's not a lot of good cover in the middle of the map. But then the pantry itself can be a nightmare in a chase because you are slow and there are no good sight lines.
As survivor I generally always like this map because it's good survivor map. Except when I'm facing Hag/Trapper, then I will usually stay away from the pantry.
They made it a lot better when they fixed the double window loop in the main structure.
I just let survivors have the main structure gen since it becomes more manageable after it opens up when the gen is finished.
I don't mind grim pantry as killer because there are always multiple ways to corral survivors so they end up with three gens that are really close together. The pantry itself has gotten a lot more manageable since they changed the windows but the ultra-safe pallets in the labyrinth still really bug me.
Survivors burn Coldwind farm map offerings on every one of my Spirit games, it's really weird how they'll never do it when I'm playing Billy though...
It's okay when you play killer.
Think I saw a video with the double windows. It was noob3 (dont normally watch this guy but watched his video trolling killers to try and unferstand the mind of an idiot)